[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a proper way to run with a rifle? Asking because I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1441660687515.jpg (67 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1441660687515.jpg
67 KB, 453x604
Is there a proper way to run with a rifle?

Asking because I've noticed a few different ways from binge watching on live leak

There's the barrel down rifle in one hand other hand open running, and two handing with rifle infront of you

What is the proper way depending on circumstance? i.e. being fired upon with intent to fire back, retreating, and or just getting from point A to B

Or is this just the type of question with a "fuck it" answer
>>
Here's a video for example
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4fb_1461844024

At about 2:45 you can see sandpeople running with rifles, all showing different ways of carrying their rifle.

Which is best in the situation they were in?

I think I recall the Germans doing the "hold the rifle by the middle by the rail" during WWII like the second guy does, but I'm not sure could just be some shit I'm pulling from my ass
>>
I assume it depends on the circumstance.

Long dash for cover? One handed, rifle held midlength.

Low run, expecting contact? Rifle held low, ready to engage.

That's just my $.02
>>
>>30195916
Depends on the circumstances, but when you're really haling ass like in a 3-5 second rush the answer is "whatever it takes to get from a to b before you get your ass shot off".
>>
>>30195916
Do it like Naruto and run with both hands behind your back
>>
>>30195960

>when that you had to run laps in PE and that one kid always thought it made him faster
>>
>>30195960
>>30195967
The black weebs at my school always ran like that. When those guys go nerdy they go all out, serious chris-chan territory.
>>
>>30195916
>Is there a proper way to run with a rifle?
Quickly
>>
>>30196007
While returning fire.
>>
>>30195916
You carry it at the low ready when running, you dont ever use the carry handle
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 750x1229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 750x1229
>>30195967
>tfw I was autistic enough to do that in elementary and early middle school
>tfw I was "that kid"
>tfw I used to be an avid saenic fan
>tfw I believed putting my hands back and yelling "Gotta go faest" made me faster
>mfw
>>
Ze thing of tres importance is to make yourself as light as possiblé:

>throw away le rifle
>run for a un petit moment
>remove your helmet
>throw into un shrubberiè
>keep running
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.