[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, /v/ here. I'm currently producing a mod for Call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Call-of-Duty.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Call-of-Duty.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
Hey /k/, /v/ here. I'm currently producing a mod for Call of Duty 4 based on realistic, modern warfare. I just have a few questions:
1. How often are pistols used over assault rifles?
2. How many clips does the modern soldiers carry on them?
3. Is modern body armor basically impenetrable?
Thanks!
>>
>>30194470
1. almost never
2. enough
3. like the terminator
>>
>>30194470
1. never
2. zero
3. no
>>
>>30194470
1. Pistols are used very rarely.
2. They usually carry 6 or more magazines
3. Modern body armor can be penetrated with high velocity ammunition
>>
>>30194470
Look at insurgency for 1 and 2.
3.No, depends on gun, caliber, range, which way the bullet was recieved, and a shit ton of other factors.
>>
>>30194470
1. Never
2. At least 10
3. Nope
>>
>>30194470
>1. How often are pistols used over assault rifles?
almost never. you could have 2 pounds of gun plus ammo or you could use that carry capacity for more m4 ammo.
>2. clips
clipazines
>3. Is modern body armor basically impenetrable?
>impenetrable
>>
>>30194470
>Clips
You wanna check reality, search Project Reality and read their manual and stuff.
>>
>clips
Don't try until you get your basic shit order
>>
>>30194470
look up ballistic plate tests on youtube
also do research on all the guns you will be adding/changing (pay attention to recoil when people shoot things in videos)
basically just do as much research as possible on all of the aspects
>>
>>30194470
of course a dumb fucking /v/-tard can't even google this basic bitch shit
>>
What are you naming the mod so I can look out for it
>>
>>30194470
>1. How often are pistols used over assault rifles?
as I recall infanry are not issued sidearms nowadays, just their carbine.
pistols are issued to officers, rear echelon, drivers, etc.
>2. How many clips does the modern soldiers carry on them?
magazines you dipshit
fucking magazines
>3. Is modern body armor basically impenetrable?
no. helmets much much less so. combat helmets are not designed or expected to stop a bullet. they're to protect against flak and the hard interiors of vehicles
>>
File: MST-TYR-Tactical.jpg (79 KB, 600x357) Image search: [Google]
MST-TYR-Tactical.jpg
79 KB, 600x357
>>30194470
>Is modern body armor basically impenetrable?
Look up tests on Youtube, modern rifle plates can stop multiple rounds of any common rifle ammunition that a military would issue. AP ammunition does exist that can penetrate the rifle plates that militaries issue, but it costs a couple dollars per round and would only be available for battle rifles so you are really aren't going to see it being used (ex. the 7.62x51mm M993 AP ammunition which costs the government $2.61 per round). Helmets and kevlar vests on the other hand will only protect you from pistol ammunition and fragmentation from grenades, mortars, and other explosives. I don't know of any games that portray modern body armor realistically as it would make most guns completely infective for shots to the chest (from the notch in your sternum down ~12" to slightly above your belly button, middle in pic related).
>>
>>30194470
>2. How many clips does the modern soldiers carry on them?
http://bskam.livejournal.com/19492.html
>>
You people actually falling for this bait?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.