[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was raised to believe the PKM was the best. But now I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: PKM_machine_gun_in_storage.jpg (233 KB, 900x605) Image search: [Google]
PKM_machine_gun_in_storage.jpg
233 KB, 900x605
I was raised to believe the PKM was the best.
But now I'm a grown man, and ready to face the truth.
What are its flaws?
>>
Not available
>>
too much recoil
>>
>>30194363
illegal in america unless super rich and live in non cuck state, jammomatic, stamped machine parts that cut you up, etc
>>
>>30194363
NONE.
>>
its open bolt, and if you run with it charged and barrel up, it will jam.
>>
>>30194435
wh-what
>>
>>30194363
It's not a Lewis gun.
>>
>>30195327
/thread

...but a M60 would be better
>>
Slav engineering
>>
>>30195498
That's a pro, not a con
>>
>>30194363
It's not the Pecheneg.
>>
>>30194363
MAC did a couple of videos on them years ago before he went full shill; from what I remember one problem he found was that the brass ejects straight into your arm. I imagine the non-disintegrating belt might be annoying.
>>
>>30194363
I'm not competent to talk about flaws, or cons.
But I can tell about my personal experience - this one time we had a chce to shoot it with friends or army (russian army). It was a standard issue pkm, handeled by conscripts.
Maybe it was old, maybe it was badly handeled, (I doubdt it). But it kept jamming constantly. We shot like 300 rounds from it, each one of us part of it, and we had constant jams, sometimes like every 10 rounds.
>>
>>30197063
Chernobyl would disagree
>>
File: Standing PKM 2.jpg (697 KB, 2685x1093) Image search: [Google]
Standing PKM 2.jpg
697 KB, 2685x1093
The non-disintegrating belt is awkward in the assault, but not an issue in a SFMG role, and a logistic asset in COIN.
Overall, I found the PKM to be lighter and more controllable than M60 or MAG58/M240, and as handy as Mk48/Maximi while being more controllable. My only real complaint would be the flimsy feel of the bipod and that it can't readily be used a a foregrip in the assault.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJx6TmvHxDw
>>
>>30197122
That's a pro, not a con.

>muh fancy radiator somehow makes up for the fixed barrel
>>
Can't recall any crippling flaws from my time in the army. Fun to shoot.
>>
>>30197899
what gun is the most fun?
>>
>>30195305
Losses round in the feed tray. Most open bolt LMG will do this.
>>
>>30197170
mismanagement isn't the same thing as poor engineering
>>
>>30197170
It's slav usage, not slav engineering.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.