[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
F-35 Supercruise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: japan-carousel__main.jpg (47 KB, 1265x550) Image search: [Google]
japan-carousel__main.jpg
47 KB, 1265x550
>The F-35 can perform a supersonic "dash" for up to 150 miles without using afterburners

So why do people say that the F-35 can't supercruise?
>>
>>30192342
Because it requires a dive, and "dashing" isn't really supercruise.
>>
>>30192372
>Because it requires a dive

According to a blogger who is known for lying about the F-35.
>>
>>30192342
Because Mach 1.2 is in (the end of) the transonic region, and because, according to some posts I've seen which may or may not be correct, Lockheed / the USAF got into a pissing match with Eurofighter 10 or 15 years ago.

The F-22 was new and in order to talk it up, they talked about how it was the only supercruising fighter in the world. Eurofighter talked to the media about how their fighter could also supercruise, so then the US defined supercruising as something like Mach 1.3 or higher to make it clear it wasn't a high transonic aircraft; EF also said theirs could do >Mach 1.3.
The US then increased that to Mach 1.5, because that was a round number (so to speak) and EF said that the Typhoon could do that as well. The US then just gave up trying to redefine supercruise and just said that it could supercruise at Mach 1.7+, which put it ahead of the EF's claim of (IIRC) Mach 1.5+.
>>
>>30192342
Because people are ignorant.

Even a 100 nm F-22 supercruise cuts into its combat radius significantly.
>>
>>30193013
So...dick measuring contest?

And the F-35 has a small feminine shemale/trap dick?
>>
>>30192342
It was not designed to supecruise, its just a bonus that it can.

Hence where the confusion is.

F-35 can do it, its just not apart of the requirement.
>>
>>30192342
Because marketing.

t. Lock Mart SENPAI
>>
>>30193046
In this scenario, pretty much
>>
>>30193037
What makes you think that the F-35's "dash" doesn't do exactly the same thing?
>>
File: f35c-pic.jpg (25 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
f35c-pic.jpg
25 KB, 800x534
>>30193046
>And the F-35 has a small feminine shemale/trap dick?
Bigger dick than the F-22.
>>
>>30193550
I never implied it did, infact i implied the opposite.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.