[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys im going to try and join the french foreign legion soon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
hey guys im going to try and join the french foreign legion soon

anyone have any storys/tips?
>>
>>30190491
You'll die.
>>
>>30190491
>tips
Stop shitposting
>>
>>30190500
yeah its possible theres a 1 in 10 chance of it
>>
Join after winter
>>
Even if they accept you, you will spend ten years driving a shitty truck and nothing else. Your gay, and your not going to join the ffl.
>>
>>30190491
Do you speak any of:
>French
>German
>Swahili
>Farsi
>Arabic
?

If not, you won't get in. Because those languages comprise 99.9% of all FFL soldiers' spoken languages.
>>
>>30190512
tips about joining would be apresiated
>>
>>30190522
yeah i heard about this il be eligible in january
>>
>>30190526
most new legionaries dont speak french
>>
>>30190523
You need to learn how to spell proper m8
>>
>>30190556
i know
>>
File: sunny-donkeybrained.jpg (54 KB, 650x359) Image search: [Google]
sunny-donkeybrained.jpg
54 KB, 650x359
>>30190556
You need to learn the difference between spelling and grammar.
>>
>>30190549
Most new legionaries do speak either Farsi or Arabic though.

And the rest speak one of the African dialects, with Swahili being one of the more common.
>>
>>30190604
can i still get in if i only speak english?
>>
>>30190618
Start learning French today, there are plenty of resources online.
>>
>>30190648
could you provide a link?
>>
There was an American anon that posted on here a while back about his experience in the FFL. Basically boiled down to it's hard to get in, you'll get stuck in a group of accelerated "learners" of French, and while it was a good/challenging experience, he has no VA support, no years toward retirement and is not acknowledged as a vet.
>>
>>30190618
Yes, but it will be much harder for you to do so.

Hopefully you bring some skill that they need but don't specifically train for (such as an engineering degree or trade skill).
>>
>>30190655
go to /int/, they'll help you
>>
>>30190655
https://www.duolingo.com/course/fr/en/Learn-French-Online

If you can prove to them that you have been making an effort to learn they will take your application more seriously. You really do not want to learn the language by being hit round the head or gut every time until you memorize the word.
>>
>>30190688
thanks man
>>
>>30190676
i have 2 computing courses completed if that helps
>>
>>30190706
dafuq is a computing course? IT degree track? Clerk-typist training? Highschool/college "computers 101: AKA don't hunt and peck"?

Also, no. No it doesn't help.
>>
>>30190748
it was like a pre collage course
>>
>>30190870
so after you made the collage did they have recess or was it snack time?
>>
>>30190870
>pre collage course
Art school will not impress them.
>>
>>30190666

No french passport?
>>
>>30190491
what do you mean youll try?
they take everyone
>>
>>30190899
You have to apply for it and the US government can be a dick about it and force you to renounce your US citizenship.
>>
>>30190909
i am mot a us citizen im from a country inside the eu
>>
>>30190908
>they take everyone

no
>>
>>30190908
No they won't.

Think of how many applicants them must get compared to the size of the legion.
>>
>>30190937
You're also a giant meat head, judging by your other posts and command (or lack thereof) of the English language.

Go to school or get a job. The FFL isn't going to help your dumb ass.
>>
>>30190908
>they take everyone
Bullshit, they take 1 in 9 at best.
>>
>>30190909
As long as you make it clear you aren't renouncing your US citizenship then they US can't do shit about it.

I believe you are eligible after three years of service in the FFL but you have a much better chance of getting it after your 5 year contract is over.

And for OP, is there a reason you want to join the FFL over your own countries military? The legion is mainly for people who need a second chance or are on the run and in need of a new identity. Most aren't eligible for service in their own country because of criminal records or what have you.

For the people on the run, as long as you aren't wanted by interpol, they will offer you a choice when you are signing your 5 year contract, you can choose to keep your normal identity or you can serve under a new identity and you have the option of applying for a French passport with that assumed name after you honor your contract with the FFL.
>>
>>30190937
Romanian? If so stop making this thread every few days.
>>
>>30191068
you basically explained why i need to join and i am not wanted by interpol just by my own country
>>
>>30191076
no, western Europe
>>
>>30191095
If it involves murder rape or drugs you can say goodbye to the FFL
>>
>>30190549
literally every single legionnaire speaks french
>>
>>30191107
none of those just some petty crime
>>
>>30191210
i thought you learned in the legion
>>
>>30191095
>>30191219

What are you wanted for? If it's a petty crime you could probably just join your military.

If you decide to go to the FFL make sure your in prime physical condition before you join.

>>30191210
Most don't speak French when they join the Legion, this is well known.
>>
>>30191229
You do, that guy either misunderstood the post he replied to or he is an idiot.

They teach you, but they don't be nice about it so it would be advisable to learn some basics before trying to join. If your accepted, you WILL learn to speak French but it might be the hard way.
>>
>>30191258
won't, not don't. oops
>>
>>30191258
Yes and basic french isn't hard, pretty close to english
>>
I tried in 1968. At the time they just put us in two large rooms. I had met an Italian guy who had just finished his conscription at home, he was eager to join. Neither of us spoke any French. We had a brief medical and some minor physical assessment. That night we were given a large quantity of cheap soup and some stale bread. In the morning they told about 90 percent of us to leave, myself and the Italian included. All of the native English speakers were in that group, too. No indication as to what led them to that decision, but I was probably the fittest there so I don't think that came into it. I was also the only man in ownership of a passport and a full set of service records.

Myself and the Italian collected a small amount of francs (enough to get you back to a rail, airport or sea port of your choosing) from the Legionnaire on the gate and decided to go down to Spain since we heard they had a Legion, too.Thus begun the two worst years of my life.

I realise that has no relevance whatsoever to the current situation but that was my stab at it. In hindsight I didn't mind being rejected since the Legion was comparatively quiet compared to the rest of the 1970s, but at the time I was quite annoyed.
>>
>>30190491
I know it is blasphemy to link to le reddit on 4chan but I stumbled upon this after reading a vice article about an American that tried to join the Legion but was rejected.

https://www.reddit.com/comments/cvjdb/iaman_american_who_joined_and_served_in_the/

This is a guy who served in the Legion, it's from an American's perspective but it's very informative if you are thinking about joining. Read it OP.
>>
>>30191313
care to elaborate on your experience in Spain? I know they used to have a foreign legion but I believe they got rid of it.
>>
>>30191245
a few assaults a couple burglarys and stealing
>>
>>30191330
thanks man
>>
>>30191412
Burglary does not sound petty, thieves are despised in every military force.
>>
>>30191355
We were put through the most backward and pointless training. Things like marksmanship, first aid, map reading, use of cover and concealment and so on were not on the agenda. The only thing they were good at was keeping their equipment clean. I'd say they were fit, but they weren't healthy. They still retained capital field punishment and had the execution pits lined up behind the cookhouse. I never saw anyone executed, but I had heard of it happening.

Every week day we were served harsh red wine and issued cigarettes with the Virgin Mary on them. The food was bad, and often rotting. Everything was to do with either God, Jesus, Franco or death. After five weeks of being messed about we were sent to the Sahara, where we walked around getting very hot and being strafed by the Spanish Airforce. Terrorists were even worse at shooting than the bulk of the men, so gunfights resembled things from the A-Team. Every single contact we had was broken by a heavy machinegun, usually brought up from the back by hand. We were paid once a fortnight and sometimes pay was "lost" or subtracted for imaginary damages. I got out after two years and traveled around Europe for a time.

It wasn't P.C Wren stuff. A waste, but not a gallant one. They were idiots.
>>
>>30191464
Sounds like a disaster.
>>
>>30190491
hello there,i joined the legion after i got out of the marines, so needles to say i'm american. They will not accept you if you are not in shape pop on the piss test give them reason you are lying to them or fail the cognitive test. Other wise its easy to get in, the legionnaires for the most part will treat you like shit until you graduate from the farm and get your capybara. Anyways i met the most interesting people the world had to offer but to my regret i was kicked out after short y in the brig because i have a meddle pin in my foot (i had lied) i suggest not to go to paris because you will sit around for a week doing nothing till the bus takes you down south and you dont get pay for that week. I took the train to Aubagne where everybody ends up and after staying a few nights in the only hotel in the town binge drinking and fucking this french chick that for some reason loved mea guy on a scooter drove me to the front gate (the town is only know for there rocky mountain thing which i didnt see and the legion gate so everybody knows what you are doing there and they just mostly ignore you but youth like to ask questions and buy you a beer) good luck it was amazing before i got out
>>
>>30190962
English clearly isn't the guy's first language
>>
>>30191591

Jesus that was painful to read. Put some periods between ideas so that readers can figure out what you want to communicate.

That, or don't bother.
>>
>>30191649
french is my first language and im on a phone so fuck you niggas
>>
>>30191744
Tu ne réussiras pas, vu ton cacaposting
>>
>>30191766
nice french via google translate
>>
>>30191788
Non mais honnêtement, à en juger par les conneries que t'as écrit, la Légion ne t'accepteras jamais. T'es un bougnoule du 93 ou du bled? T'es trop con pour faire tes propres recherches? En plus de ça, ton anglais est vraiment naze. Gros débile
>>
>>30191649
op here sadly it is
>>
cervens.net
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.