[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say a guy were to be shooting some reloaded ammo. Say he bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Say a guy were to be shooting some reloaded ammo. Say he bought them from a guy he's never had trouble with before. Say some of the cases look a little sketchy. Dents, scrapes. One was cracked and pulled from the batch.

Say he went ahead and shot them because he's cheap. What sort of danger is there to a brass failure in .38 special? The revolver is a steel .357 magnum, so it was made to handle hotter loads. But still... an explosion is an explosion.

What sort of damage or injuries would one expect? Or would the case simply stick in the chamber from deformity but not cause any damage?
>>
>>30187517
Melt it all down and make a big fishing weight. Then catch a giant squid from the mariana.
Sell squid, get better ammo.
>>
Depends. Split at the neck? No big deal.

That is, assuming the condition of the brass is the only issue. If the reloader takes no pride in how they look, who knows if he takes any pride in properly reloading?

Have fun with your double charge, broken cylinder, and top strap lodged into your brain.
>>
first....

Unless youe seller has an ffl for manufacturing ammo he should not be selling it.

Second. You should not shoot someone elses reloads. Its just asking for a kaboom

Third unless it is a double charge . there is luttle risk with 38spl
>>
>>30187550

The loads are made on Dillon Super 1050s. He runs several at a time. I've shot about 400 rounds of .380 and 9mm from him with no issues. The brass was all clean and free of defects.

This .38 special just isn't the same quality. I picked up 300 rounds for less than $100. He claims that his brass is pressure checked and until now I had no reason to not believe him. He moves a ton of product.

I'm torn between thinking he tossed this shit at me knowing it's garbage and thinking I wouldn't care... or concerned that he didn't know and he didn't quality check it.

I'm not saying there couldn't be a double charge or something. But it's all automated. I'm more worried about a bad piece of brass failing than anything else.
>>
>>30187558

He has an FFL. I don't want to say who he is because he's a very small shop and I like being anonymous. But I did check before I started buying from him.

We're both in law enforcement. Everything is cool except for this quality concern.
>>
i saw a black powder cap and ball pistol go bang when i was a kid, guy got off with multiple very minor cuts and some tiny burns. scared the shit out of me because it was the first time i remember seeing an adult get hurt. also taught me to ALWAYS WEAR EYE PRO!

could of been a shit ton worse we never even found the hammer
>>
>>30187567
>He claims that his brass is pressure checked
Is that a euphemism for "used"?
>>
>>30187517

If the round explodes, you'll probably be out a gun, and that's the least concern.

You were concerned enough to ask. Don't shoot them.
>>
>>30187597
>You were concerned enough to ask. Don't shoot them.
This. Is your life/health really worth $100? You feel, for whatever reason, that the ammo may be unsafe. Why risk it? If you reload, pull the bullets and use them to make your own ammo. If you don't, now is the time to start.
>>
>>30187517
A double charge of powder for 38 special would be more than an overcharge for 357 mag but still below what a proofing round would be, so a single round shouldn't be an issue. My bigger fear here is a squib. If you do use the ammo and something feels off, stop shooting immediately.
As a side note, do you know how to check brass for president signs?
>>
>>30187517
Quit being a little bitch. You bought the shit now shoot it. If blows your gun see if he'll replace it. If not sue him, if you can't, beat him retarded for endangering you, lying you, and cheating you.
>>
File: Untitled.png (332 KB, 527x290) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
332 KB, 527x290
Here's an example of what's concerning me. These are tiny scratches almost. But they're noticeable. How dangerous is this?
>>
>>30187839
Those are more than scratches.
>>
>>30187863

I mean I have a surplus of fingers. I can gamble.
>>
>>30187691
President Signs? That crafty fuck could be hiding in my ammo!?
>>
>>30187839
If it's on a lot of ammo. Take it back to him and point it out. I don't think those are gonna cause a problem.
>>
>>30187691
>>30187903
Damn you auto correct. I meant pressure signs.
But the idea of our idiot and chief hiding in ammo does scare me.
>>
>>30187839
non-issue. only damage close to the base of the cartridge is relevant, split necks are obturated anyway.
>>
>>30187839
that, on a 38, in a 357?
I wouldn't even consider not using it.
>>
>>30187517
>stop being poor
>...
>no exploded hands
>>
>>30187839
You're gonna get the hammer lodged in your forehead like a retard.
>>
>>30187704
>if you see a problem, escalate it into a decade of jail
>>
>>30188510
You fuck me, I fuck you. You little faggot pussies are the reason there is even fucking crime in the world.
>>
>>30187517
As someone else said, don't shoot other peoples reloads, the gun going boom isn't the worst thing, unless you don't like having hands of course.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.