[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would his 9mm bullet even penetrate the car door here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
Would his 9mm bullet even penetrate the car door here?
>>
Everything short of 00 buck will go through a car door.
>>
>>30186497
>BALLISTIC PANEL

I dunno. Have we invented 'one-way-armor' like how we have one-way-mirrors?
>>
>>30186497
probably not. those ballistic panels supposed to stop most handgun calibers.
>>
>>30186497
it will penetrate, but it will lose a lot of momentum and ballistic stability and would deform and possibly even fragment.

the guy on the other side will probably not be hit and even if he is hit he won't be nearly as hurt as he would if the driver just shot through the open window instead.
>>
>>30186497
A normal car door is sheet metal with a bit of structural reinforcement, so if you aimed right you could kill someone with a 9mm. (This is why police are instructed to hide behind the engine block when taking cover behind a car, bullets will piece through pretty much every other part of it)

A police car's "armour" normally isn't that good considering those cars are civilian ones with the chassis slightly overloaded, so depending on the police department and car model it may be strong enough to stop a handgun round.

People wondering what this movie is, it's End Of Watch. A bit meme-y with the gun mechanics (Or I'm underestimating mexican cartels, do those cunts have drum magazines or some shit) but an all together good movie. You can find it on Netflix.
>>
>>30186497
I know he says its a Glock 19, but it obviously says Glock 22 when he holds it up.
Also yes.
>>
Having watched The Wire, this movie was lackluster
>>
>>30186497
I don't think it's supposed to I think the whole point of that is so he is already drawn and mostly aimed he just needs to raise his gun. Same way in zero dark 30 when the guy pressed his gun up to the dashboard when they are surrounded trying to find osamas messenger guy.
>>
>>30186497
if youve seen the skeleton of a car door, they are very thin. its basically 1 sheet of soft metal and upholstery for aesthetic. you can punch a screwdriver through a car door, and that has much less force than 9mm
>>
>>30186497
Hell no, door has armor, hence the BALLISTIC PANEL label.

It's easy as hell to raise to window level and start shooting though. Drawing a handgun in a car under stress is a massive pain. He's already 95% of the way towards removing watermelon.

Captcha: McDrive IMPASSE
Why yes, shooting your way out is a valid solution if at an impasse where McDriving is impossible.
>>
>>30186497
wtf is this from,

pls someone post source
>>
>>30186685
End of Watch ma nigga.
>>
>>30186685
Already posted you fuck
>>
>>30186644
>drum magazines aren't widely available
Looks like someone's never been to a gun show
>>
>>30186759
Looks like someone hasn't seen the movie. A bunch of spics unloaded with AK-47s for upwards of 25 seconds without reloading, and they had box magazines.
>>
>>30186509
For the glass of newer armored cars.
>>
>>30186509
Some Ceramic plates are not designed to stop rounds coming from the inside and will fail. Basically it's shock absorption material meant to do just that behind the actual plate face. Those will fail and possibly allow for penetration.
>>
>>30186509
I've only seen transparent one-way armor since shooting through something you can't aim through is a serious safety hazard.

http://www.thearmourgroup.com/pages/glass.html
>>
>>30186497
It wouldn't get through the window
>>
>>30187088

>mom, i posted the 'lol only 9mm' meme again.
>>
>>30186673
This anon has it right

Before the mid-2000s, which is when CVPIs were first equipped with ballistic panels, police officers conversing with known criminals while still inside their vehicles were known to take their guns out of their holsters to avoid being caught with their pants down. Depending on the situation, you would either hold it in your lap, conceal it under your leg, or hold it to the door so it's ready to fire immediately.

Before ballistic door panels, it was indeed possible to shoot straight through the door.
>>
>>30186497
he's holding it at the ready in case he has to shoot
>he would present the firearm above window sill and let loose a few rounds while straightening left arm and hitting the gas pedal.
>>
>>30186497
No, but this:

>>30186664
>>
>>30187100
9mm HP shed 50-75% of its mass passing through auto glass
>>
File: 1450263798305.png (132 KB, 212x240) Image search: [Google]
1450263798305.png
132 KB, 212x240
>>30187088
>>30192481
>laminated multilayer composite glass-plastic windshield ten feet from the muzzle is used in FBI gel testing

>implying the results are applicable through an unlaminated single pane tempered glass side window with muzzle at contact distance
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.