[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
qtddtot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 29
File: ruger-no.1.jpg (118 KB, 825x470) Image search: [Google]
ruger-no.1.jpg
118 KB, 825x470
Didn't see one in the catalog.

Does any one else still make a commercial falling block?
>>
>>30186149
Winchester 1885 and Sharps rifles off the top of my head.
plenty of companies make reproductions of those.
>>
>>30186149
Hagn
Formerly of Martini-Hagn they have since split. Hagn still builds rifles and Martini still uses Hagn actions for his rifles as well.
>>
>>30186191
>16k
good god those are sexy but im not sure i'd call 'em commercial.
>>
File: s&w m&p9.jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
s&w m&p9.jpg
58 KB, 600x600
considering picking one of these up for general self defense - a friend can get me a good deal; I'm not very familiar with this class of guns. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
>>
>>30186149
You don't need an AR15, buy a shotgun.
>>
File: tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400.gif (598 KB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400.gif
598 KB, 400x236
>>30186389
Joe, plz go.
>>
Better question, are there any rolling block rifles around that aren't century old Remingtons?
>>
>>30186735
I don't know of any rolling block at all other than the remington

if you're looking for new reproductions there's Uberti, Pedersoli, and EMF at least
>>
>>30186373
You specifically saying the full size smith m&p 9mm?

I've shot the full size and the shield. They are supposed to be solid but have poor triggers out of the box. The ones I shot had apex triggers installed and felt good. You can also get used full size versions of these off buds as police trade ins for 349 right now.

I'm eyeing the m&p 9 compact for a carry gun at the moment. Similar size to a g19, but has the option for an external safety.
>>
Does anyone have the cartoon where PSA is like "I built these" while holding up an upper and lower. Then in the next cells you see some random guy put them together and proclaim "I built this!"????

I really need it, and I'll suck yo dick nigga

I'm serious though. Please help
>>
File: strickmuster.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
strickmuster.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1400
>>30186149
I need a good .30-06 hunting load, considering Hornady or Federal for performance reasons and Remington or Winchester for commonality.

Anyone got suggestions?
>>
Is it ok to reload brass that's been ejected out my ptr91? Ya know since it has all those fluting marks...
>>
File: SuperTuck_HH_sig229_wg.jpg (23 KB, 440x368) Image search: [Google]
SuperTuck_HH_sig229_wg.jpg
23 KB, 440x368
My concealed weapons permit was just issued today and I was looking for gun belt between $50 and $100 for a guy about 5'10" and 175lb. Also would a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe in Horsehyde be a good choice for my P229? It's my first time carrying so I don't really know too much about holsters and belts.
>>
>>30188863
Do yourself a favor an get an Alien Gear holster. I've owned both Crossbreed and Alien Gear and the Alien Gear is far more comfortable and easier, in my experience, to draw from.
Also Alien Gear makes really nice belts(I own two) that are of the same, if not better, quality as a much more expensive gun belt I got from High Noon Holsters.
>>
My mother is anti gun so I never really had much experience with them outside of boyscouts. I have been meaning to pick up some but never did.
My grandfather passed recently and I found 3 guns. a springfield 120a 22 rifle, a 410 and 12ga harrington and richardson shotguns.

Are these good starting guns?
>>
>>30189908
Yes, if they check out OK by a gunsmith or at least someone pretty knowledgable in firearms.
>>
>>30189939
Thanks. I'm hoping to have them checked out this week and find a place to shoot.
>>
>>30186149
Question, is it possible to get a plate carrier to fit without plates in it?

Should i just wait till my plates get in before fitting it properly.
>>
Let's say you do not have a gun, would anyone recommend that you use a knife for self defense?
>>
>>30190172
If you train and have absolute perfect situational awareness sure i guess. But a gun is infinitely more useful in defense. Not that you shouldn't carry a knife, they are useful tools and should always be carried.
>>
>>30190014
Have fun good sir. Got yourself a fine beginning to a collection
>>
>>30190172
Let's put it this way:

Knife is better as an offensive weapon than a defensive one.

It's great if you're sneaking up on the guy to stab him in the back, heart, or slash his throat before he can react.

In a straight-up fight, it's almost as dangerous to you as it is to your enemy if you're equally trained.
>>
>>30190199
I can't say I have good situational awareness or have access to self defense training with a knife(it is illegal). Does that mean I should rather use my fists than a knife if I had to fight for my life? I suppose the attacker could turn the knife on you or something.
>>
>>30190229
That's what I've heard. I suppose it might deter someone though.
>>
>>30190259
Most bad guys will ambush you, no time to draw. Don't let an aggressor see the blade until it's in them. Knives have no stopping power, stab repeatedly in vital areas with intent to kill because pain won't deter them.
>>
/k/omrades, I'm seeking a good OWB pancake-style holster. Kinda overwhelmed by all the different makers out there. What's good?
>>
>>30190235
If you're using your knife all flashy-like or to "scare away intruders" you're already fucked.

If you just push your left forearm into the guy's face while you gut him about 50 times in a second with your right hand, it's a good self defense tool.

But since "he stabbed him 50 times? In self defense? REALLYYYYYYY?" is exactly what the prosecutor is going to say to the jury, that will then roll their eyes at you, it's better to NOT take the "knife as a tool of self defense" approach in your EDC.
>>
So I got an a2 front sight for a couple bucks that I was hoping to swap with the gay ass railed gas block on my beater AR

since it's not f marked with the flat top receiver, all I would need to do is buy a taller sight post right?
>>
File: JosXHYV.png (157 KB, 436x1380) Image search: [Google]
JosXHYV.png
157 KB, 436x1380
>>30187980
its been 6 hours, but i gotchu senpai
>>
File: 1299460367082.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1299460367082.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>30190834
>tfw 4chan filtered the word F (A) M and changed it to senpai
>>
>>30190863
>Screw I'm you guys, going home
>>
Getting bored of shooting my Mosin at 100m.

What's a good intro-to-longer-ranges rifle? What about optics?
>>
>>30190863
>senpai
>>
File: byrxhl9.jpg (33 KB, 389x292) Image search: [Google]
byrxhl9.jpg
33 KB, 389x292
>>30190906
>cotton chicken candy nuggets
>>
>>30190921
Optics, not sure, can't help, but I've heard Savage makes good long range rifles, that are relatively cheap too.

For Example:
http://www.armslist.com/posts/5536221/wichita-kansas-rifles-for-sale--savage-308

plus it makes a good hunting rifle if you're into that
>>
New inquiry. Will grip tape stick to rubber?
>>
>>30186149

I'd give my left nut for an international in .270
>>
>>30188500

Yes, though don't expect too many reloads.
>>
>>30188863
this
>>30188928

If you buy a holster and belt together you get $15 off
>>
>>30186149
I just picked up some Sodium Bromide product for my neighbor's pool. I noticed that it has a warning saying
>it is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling

So my stupid question is "What is so bad ass about sodium bromide?"
>>
File: 20160606_180731.jpg (200 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20160606_180731.jpg
200 KB, 640x480
Any suggestions / critiques for my kit?
>>
>>30192621
I saw that label on cans of wasp and hornet spray the other day. Probably just some bullshit blanket law.
>>
How do FFL transfers work? Are most places cool with you just using them to transfer and not buying off of them?
>>
>>30192822
Depends. Receiving FFL sends a copy of their license to the shipper.

The shipper sends it to the FFL's address.

The recipient pays the fee, fills out the paperwork, etc and takes the firearm (or waits, or does whatever less-free states require them to do).

>Are most places cool with you just using them to transfer
Yes. The ones that aren't cool with it just charge you $50+ to do it.
>>
File: polish.jpg (175 KB, 500x689) Image search: [Google]
polish.jpg
175 KB, 500x689
Poking around on the /k/ store, they got some unissued polish rucksacks for a little under $10.

a) are they good?

b) Is that a good deal, even with the $7 shipping?

c) Is it big enough to pack for a 3-5 day trip?

Sorry for so many questions in one, but I want to get some opinions before I put money down on internet goodies.
>>
>>30186149
Is retro tactical still around?
>>
>>30192621
It is also considered a pesticide.
FIFRA requires labelling all pesticides (or products containing ingredients that can be a pesticide, whether it is used as such in that product or not) with that statement.
>>
>>30192983
I like mine and can fit a shitload into it. Legit just a bag with tow straps and a draw string and that's about it. The straps will always smell like milsurp no matter what you do. Quality of material is good. Never done much else outside of transporting and storing with it. Definitely not the most comfortable pack but the straps could be made more comfortable if you are into doing that.

All in all defiantly not a pack I would ruck for a 3-5 day trip. But as just a luggage bag it works great and is quite bigger then I first thought. I usually bring mine when I vacation or go anywhere over night.
>>
>>30192983
>Are they good
Yes and no. They hold things nicely and the rubberized botton is very secure. They just turn into a massive sack with straps on them and become really fucking annoying when they start getting full
>good deal
About average, I got 2 for $10 off centerfiresystems like 3 years ago
>Is it big enough to pack for a 3-5 day
3 day, sure. 5 day, Maybe. But also keep in mind what I mentioned first, it will turn into a big melon of a backpack when it gets full.

My suggestion is to find an LK35 pack, they are far better for around $40-$80
>>
Does anyone have any experience with the PTR32 or its pistol variant? I've been interested in getting one.
>>
Is the glock 21 10mm conversion barrel the same as a plain glock 20 barrel?
>>
>>30193086
>PTR32
Yeah the magwell is really tight and it doesnt really like metal mags
>>
Will grip tape stick to rubber?
>>
>>30193135
How does it shoot?
>>
>>30193146
Soft recoil because the design is built for 308
Reliable with magpul mags and thats about it
>>
Buying a used Mossberg 500: what should I look out for as far as damage goes?
>>
>>30190863
Chinese moot saved us from niggerspeak
>>
>>30190172
I could recommend knives, but I'd also say that it's a deficient weapon unless you're carrying it in a very specific manner and have a guarantee of no enemies with guns.

A big issue with knives is that:

>They're legally overkill against a single unarmed opponent
>They're deficient against a melee armed opponent (i.e. a baseball bat -- reach kills)
>they're OK if you get jumped...
>...until you drop the knife and one of your enemies decides to pick them up.

you also face the issue of it being difficult in most states to carry decent fighting knives legally.

In places where you can carry fighting knives (i.e. carrying a knife as something other than a tool -- a good fairbairn-sykes, trench knife, or styletto is hard to justify on the grounds of utility purposes), you normally need to either OC it, or have a CCW already. In other places, they're simply illegal to carry.

tl;dr knives are better than nothing, but unless you're a felon or something, get a fucking gun.
>>
>>30190361
>Most bad guys will ambush you
This. Normally more than one too...

>no time to draw
I would disagree depending on how you carry the weapon.
>>
>>30192822
>How do FFL transfers work?

Assuming you're buying from an online vendor:

>Check with the vendor to see if a local FFL to you is already on file with them.
>If not, contact a local FFL and request that they send their FFL stuff to your vendor.
>Either way, shoot the FFL an email, ask for any specifics about how they do FFL transfers, pricing, needed info, etc.
>Buy your product with the vendor and have it sent to your FFL.
>your FFL should contact you when the product arrives.
>schedule a good time to pick it up
>go to the FFL, do a 4473+NICS check
>git gun.

>Are most places cool with you just using them to transfer and not buying off of them?

I feel bad going into my small town FFL and not buying anything, but really: fuck'em if they're not cool with it. Srsly, don't offer the service if you're not cool with it.
>>
>>30190863
Senpai
>>
>>30189908
Gg anon, that's a perfect starter set and you'll get tons of fun out of those guns.

Whatever you do, don't sell or trade them. Turn them into heirlooms
>>
>>30192915
>>30193357
Thanks guys.
>>
File: 1463543939698.jpg (165 KB, 2772x1842) Image search: [Google]
1463543939698.jpg
165 KB, 2772x1842
Ok two questions,

1, what is a decent reasonably priced scope that you would put on .308 with a 20 inch barrel.

2, is the only way to wear NVD'S with a Boonie the wierd head harness and if yes does anyone recommend any good brands that make them?

picture only there to draw the eye.
>>
>>30186149
Doesn't Uberti make them? Look in their catalog, I'm almost positive the do.
>>
>>30190921
why is your first reaction to "buy more shit" than something like say, try 200m with the gun you already have you sperg
>>
>>30193357
>I feel bad going into my small town FFL and not buying anything, but really: fuck'em if they're not cool with it.

Around me there are a lot of guys running FFLs out of their homes that are thrilled to get internet transfers (as it's their bread and butter).

I've only seen retail stores get snippy, like if you buy something we carry, we'll charge you 15% of the list price on top of the transfer! - laugh and hang up phone.
>>
>>30193679
>is the only way to wear NVD'S with a Boonie the wierd head harness and if yes does anyone recommend any good brands that make them?
Skull crusher mounts fucking suck, donot get it
>>
>>30193679
>camouflage
>mirrored goggles
>>
>>30193955
So your suggesting a helmet with a mount? I guess that makes sense with the added risk of banging your head on shit in the dark.
>>
>>30194022
I don't know many good ski or snow work goggles that aren't mirrored in some way.
>>
>>30193679
>1, what is a decent reasonably priced scope that you would put on .308 with a 20 inch barrel.
What do you consider decent?
What do you consider reasonably priced?
There are probably 300+ scopes that fit those 2 vague requirements.

What sort of reticle are you wanting?
FFP or SFP?
Fixed or adjustable parallax?
Externally adjustable W/E turrets?

Get a March Optics D40V56FMA4 FMA-2
or maybe a Tasco Pronghorn 4x32
>>
>>30192983
The straps suck. No hip or lumbar support.
>>
File: msm-shear-pouch-plus.jpg (9 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
msm-shear-pouch-plus.jpg
9 KB, 350x350
>>30192662
what carrier?

your hose is ridiculously long

as for the tq I'd get a holster for it and some shears and weave it between your ifak and that other mag pouch

I have pic related, its light and works well. Holds the shears so the 99.99999% of the time you're just carrying it around and not using it it'll stay put
>>
>>30194054
Yes. The skull crusher mounts have to be tight as fuck to grip your head or they slide around . Helmet is always better
>>
>>30194204
Ok any suggestion of a decent lightweight helmet?
>>
File: cooking with heat.png (652 KB, 645x483) Image search: [Google]
cooking with heat.png
652 KB, 645x483
hey guys. I'm looking to convert this navy colt to cartridge round instead of cap and ball. I've been looking online for kits but all I'm turning up is goose eggs. any thoughts? should I even do it or should I just get something else?
>>
>>30195017

Is this incorrect?

http://www.kirstkonverter.com/1851-61-colt-navy.html
>>
>>30195017
>>30195078
it says not to convert if it's got a brass frame. his colt looks like it has a brass frame.
>>
Are civilian makarov's garbage?
>>
Is 50cpr a good price for .44 Magnum?
>>
>>30186149
What is the best platform to build a pistol caliber carbine in .38 super
>>
>>30190863
Juggalo talk has been filtered for a while now.
>>
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 1024x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 1024x635
>>30186149
Years ago I read an article in some gun magazine about a gunsmith who took a stock Springfield armory 1911, cut off part of the slide (past the front sight but not to the front serrations), welded it to the barrel, and cut interlocking teeth into it and the slide.

This process eliminated the need for a bushing and resulted in accuracy comparable to a fixed barrel target pistol.
The end result looked similar to pic related, but with zipper like teeth.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?
>>
>>30188863
$100 for Stealthgear's Onyx if you in very hot place all the time.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 425x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 425x288
>>30197526
Never mind, I found it. It's Strahan Accu-lock.
>>
>>30197738
>desiretoknowmoreintensifies.jpg
>>
>>30193877
>like if you buy something we carry, we'll charge you 15% of the list price on top of the transfer! - laugh and hang up phone.

exactly; if they want to be faggots about it, then they can eat my fucking sweating nuts and watch as I give their competitor money because, look nigger, if you don't want to do the job right, don't fucking offer the service.
>>
File: 20160503_095854.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160503_095854.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Hey, /k/, newb here with a noob question:

Is there any sort of training/exercise you guys do with your gear?

I want to get into the innawoods (well desert where I live) and STALKER stuff but I don't want to be that guy that can't even run a mile in his gear.

I've tried going to /fit/, but it's just a constant circle jerk of gainz and zyzz there.

Is it a simple matter of just doing normal exercises with the gear on, or is there some more specialized method to it?
>>
>>30198088
Either run or walk in gear, jogging puts to much weight slamming through your knees and will eventually fuck them.
>>
Hello, /k/, help me out.

Can HK416 and variants accept folding stocks? Since the system inside is closer to G36(can use folding stocks) than AR15(can't), I figured that you can, but google didn't seem to have any confirmation (or anything related to this question) to offer.

So can you or can you not?
>>
>>30198116

Thanks for the info. What about doing stuff like pushups, or even using weights? Or is that going to do more harm than good?
>>
>>30193357
>I feel bad going into my small town FFL and not buying anything
This is why I go to a pawn shop. They don't carry half the shit I would order, and it's a few minutes of work to make $25.
>>
>>30198256
All of those are good. But the only way to learn your gear is to work with it.

My suggestion would be to do push ups, pulls ups, sit ups and running without gear first. Get a base level of competency and have good form and then start start to include your gear in your workouts.

You can get apps like couch to 10 k, push up trainer etc. work through those and then once you've completed it restart it but wearing gear.
>>
>>30198234
No, it's still using a semi-traditional bolt carrier, so the buffer tube needs to be in place. However, there's a few folding stock adapters on the market that fold the buffer tube and stock assembly to the side, however you cannot fire the weapon while it's like that. Mostly the feature is for storage in compact vehicles/spaces.
>>
>>30198341
Thanks. Pity HK didn't fix this issue if AR15 system.
>>
Will an AK conical muzzle device fit a PTR PDW barrel?
>>
>>30198356
Most piston driven ar's use the normal bolt carrier, however there's a few that use a different bolt carrier system (ARAK-21 for example) that eliminate the need for the buffer tube, so you can install a folding stock and still have the ability to fire should the need arise.
>>
>>30198312

Great, thanks! Once my brother and I get ourselves and gear together, we'll definitely be posting our desert shenanigans.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 1023x939) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 1023x939
>>30197767
accu-lockpistols.com
>>
File: 1463413775517.jpg (25 KB, 480x712) Image search: [Google]
1463413775517.jpg
25 KB, 480x712
>>30186149
Came across an AMT Hardballer at my local and was wondering if I should pick it up as my entry into 1911s. Anyone here have experience with them?
>>
>>30186149
If I SBR an AR lower, can I put a non SBR upper on it without issue?
>>
>>30200277
Yes.
>>
I'm asking here because /ck/ most likely doesn't know. Is there such a thing as nitrided or dlc cast iron pans?
>>
>>30200528
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2xnyKZfbz8
>>
Is classic firearms any good to buy. From
>>
Does anybody know if a vepr is NY legal? (Suffolk, Long Island)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/563627465

Also anyone know if these are good rifles?
>>
>>30201527
I've had okay experience. Got a hand select M39 from them, it was in okay condition.
>>
>TNW ASR
or
>Just Right Carbine

Pick one, /k/.
>>
File: 1464883039780.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464883039780.jpg
336 KB, 1920x1080
So I live in a constitutional carry state and I have been reading through the gun laws to keep myself informed.

Reading this part confused me and I was wondering if anyone could give any insight for me.

45-8-101 section 13 has a section that reads as follows

> the carrying of a stun gun, concealed pistol or revolver may be disallowed in any place in the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten (10) feet that the "carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited."

Does this only apply to building such as public libraries or am I technically breaking the law when I conceal in restaurants where serving alcohol is not the primary purpose?
>>
>>30204036
ASR in 10mm.
>>
whats the best way to remove pitting from a gun? my surplus SKS has a lot on the bottom of the receiver.
>pic somewhat related
>>
>>30204972
Pitting as in pits in the steel? You don't under normal conditions, you might try welding in something to fill it and filling that smooth and then reblueing it.
>>
>>30205081
That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure. Do you know of anyway to make a pitted area less prone to rust?
>>
>>30204648
all this means is that if a property owner puts up a large enough sign that says no guns then by law you can not carry your fire arm onto the premise
>>
>>30205248
refinishing, or ren wax, or just keeping it oiled.
>>
Been looking at nice, cheap /out/ rifles, for someone who's only ever fired an m4. Mosin nagant seems to have a few things going for it, and it's been recommended, it's simple to operate, seemingly indestructible, nice iron sights. But most of them are climbing up to 300$ now.

In that price range, plus maybe a bit more, what would /k/ recommend a relative noob? Something more modern, but still with wood furniture and iron sights?
>>
>>30197526
You forgot to mention 'And he's laughed at by all the other 1911 'smiths.'

That mod doesn't do shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1024x768
>>30206425
>That mod doesn't do shit.
I suspected that was the case, but was paraphrasing what I could remembered from the originial article. Can't see anyone going with this over a Schuemann hybrid barrel, especially since it starts around $5500.
>>
File: lel lenser.jpg (219 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
lel lenser.jpg
219 KB, 1000x1000
Is anyone able to recommend a decent alternative brand too Lel Lenser for headlamps?
My brother was after one and I'm looking to buy one for his birthday, but I don't know much about headlamps. Personally, I use pic related in a 1000 lumens model for when I'm inthepaddock, it does the job, but I've had problems with it and I know lel lenser aren't exactly top quality. Their warranty service is pretty good though, replaced my old one with a better model with no questions asked.

Basically, looking for a rechargeable headlamp with at least 600+ lumens that's decent quality. Budget of about $180 dollary doos.
One brand I've had recommended was Walther, but no local brick and mortar stores stock their rechargeable model and I can't find any Australian sites that stock them either, ordering from an International site would probably take to long to ship.
>>
File: 1461381325180.jpg (415 KB, 820x1428) Image search: [Google]
1461381325180.jpg
415 KB, 820x1428
Newish gun owner here. Noticed if a bullet is left out the brass and jacket will start to oxidize. Would storing silica packs with your ammo counter this?
>>
>>30207229

For long term storage, keep ammo immersed in Mobil 1

>Do not fucking do this
>>
>>30195017
First of, that's an army not a navy and secondly it's brass framed so it won't hold up.
>>
File: superbio indestructibelt.jpg (448 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
superbio indestructibelt.jpg
448 KB, 1920x1080
>>30188863
I bought pic related and am loving it. It fits with any pants and the build quality is insane. Also fake leather doesn't get wor up
>>
>>30205254

What are the legal consequences of ignoring the sign if it's something like a restaurant?
>>
When you put your ear to the end of a suppressor, what do you hear?
>>
>>30208384
The sound of sweet, sweet relief. Followed by absolutely nothing for the rest of eternity.
>>
>>30208599
>nothing
>eternity
Mutually exclusive.
>>
File: 1401930544219.jpg (184 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1401930544219.jpg
184 KB, 768x576
What is this
>>
>>30209563
Keltec RFB
>>
Oklafag here, I am 20 and I have the cash to get a Beretta 92fs at my local academy. Can I just get someone who is 21 to go in and purchase it for me? Or does academy do registrations?
>>
>>30207662
Probably just be asked to leave, if you don't, cops escort you out, if it gets really bad you might get into fights with whoever maybe sued for trespassing, shot, whatever.

Don't escalate the situation, just leave if they ask you, give them a shitty review on Google, tell people not to visit them.
>>
>>30207229
Yea moisture can destroy bullets and improperly sealed rounds.

Some Tupperware or another water sealing container is useful. Also put a water absorbing material inside, like silica.
>>
Two questions:

1) Anyone know of a fold-down bipod that attaches to a TOP rail?

2) Anyone know some place where I can get a nice holster for an HK VP70z?
>>
So im 100% retarded and know nothing about gear.

I just got a Go pro and wanna do some fun gun vids with it. Im assuming that a standard gopro latch wont fit into one of these things. is there something out there that will that will allow it. Or will I just get the gopro brand helmet cam harness and just drape it over the, NV goggle doo dad thingy
>>
File: 1465414168936-1581415588.jpg (707 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1465414168936-1581415588.jpg
707 KB, 2048x1152
Just bought a Galil parts kit and some of the parts are stil attached to the demilitarized receiver. I have three questions:
>How do I remove the flash suppressor on this Galil?

>How do I replace the rivets in the receiver that attach the mag release?

>Am I better off just buying new flash suppressor and rivets?
>>
have any advice for someone who has never really gone shooting before? my gf and her family are taking me this weekend. pretty sure we're just taking their guns out to some dirtpiles instead of a range, they live in the boonies.

i have shot .22s (prone, lol) at summer camp long ago where I learned not to touch the trigger till you're ready to pull it, not to point the gut an anything you don't wanna shoot, etc but I have never shot Big Guns (tm) before.

how to make the most of this opportunity, and how not to embarrass myself in front of military mom&dad?
>>
Was there ever a sliding retractable stock for the AK series of rifles?

I was reading something at work where a guy on a tour of the world in the 80s was in the Khyber Pass, and it had a grainy photo of a stall with various weapons for sale, and several looked to be bodged AK or AK clones, but with sliding retractable stocks.

Is this a known thing or was the terrible photo most likely underfolders?
>>
>>30210121

Gopro makes a helmet mount adaptor, check their website.
>>
has anyone tried the different .30 pistol caliber rounds in a .38 S&W break action revolver to see which would work? wondering if you can use defense loads in a webley, here's one funny tidbit I read on the Forgotten Weapons site, but I wanna know if the other calibers would work
>During WW2, French resistance personnel armed with the Victory, Webley, or Enfield “0.380in” revolvers would use a hammer and nail to peen out “dots on the rims of 9mm rounds to use them in the revolvers. While not needed for headspacing, they did allow the rounds to be ejected by the extractor star.
>>
>>30209756

Yeah I would never make a deal about being asked to leave. I just wanted to make sure it couldn't be technically considered illegally concealment.
>>
>>30186149

I put a bunch of bullets in my mouth for a snap I made earlier and now my mouth still tastes like bullets. Please advise. They were .38 special
>>
File: 1458872087863.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1458872087863.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>30210498
Do you mean like HK style stocks? If so, then they were probably just underfolders.
>>
>>30210495
Don't fuck up gun safety. Shoulder the rifle like you mean it but don't death grip it. Coordinate breathing and shooting (shoot at end of an exhale, don't hold your breath). Have fun and be open to learn.

Don't cowboy flick someone's revolver cylinder closed.
>>
>>30214497
and under no circumstances should you EVER OC to applebees
>>
>>30202759
No idea on legality but they are fun. I own one in 308 and enjoy it... Not a tack driver but gets the job done.

The x39s use a proprietary magazine and require the installation of a bullet guide on the receiver. Check out carolina shooters supply website on their listing for the bullet guide for a how to video.

The rpk rifle base makes the compact tanks that don't wear standard ak gear. If I was wanting an x39 rifle I'd buy one and convert it for ak mags.
>>
Is it possible to install a midbead on a shotgun that doesn't have a rib?
>>
Had a quick question: I just got my first pistol, a ruger 22/45 Lite, used. I took it out to shoot for the first time today, and had an issue.

I ran two different types of ammo, CCI Quiets, and a regular ol' box of federal. Now, I know that Quiets don't have the power to fully cycle the action, effectively making the gun into a bolt action when I used them, having to cycle each round manually. The problem is, sometimes it took more effort than usual to rack the slide back.

When I ran out of Quiet (I was mainly just trying to use up the last of the stuff), I moved on to the federal blue box stuff, which ran mostly fine. I did encounter the same issue, though, maybe 3 or 4 times, after firing a round, the gun seemed to cycle properly, but wouldn't chamber a round, when this happened, the slide again became hard to rack back, and I also couldn't engage the safety, but everything seemed to fine after racking the slide once. I'm not sure if it's the ammo, or the gun. I have yet to buy a cleaning kit for the thing, and ran it as is when I took from the store.
>>
>>30214459
Take them out, dummy.
>>
>>30215149
Can't help you with the issue, but just a warning, make sure you watch a vidya or two on disassembly/reassembly before ripping into it. Those rugers are a finicky bitch to reassemble properly.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.