[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you have against the USMC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 22
File: marines '90.png (55 KB, 330x169) Image search: [Google]
marines '90.png
55 KB, 330x169
What do you have against the USMC?
>>
They lack wheeled transport. Phrogs and LVTPs are too expensive for my taste. But altogether with navy seals and delta force they make nice combos to sweep towns. Probaly my favorite US unit anyway.
>>
>>30184625
There is zero reason to a have a second, angrier version of the army.
>>
Cocky retards. They serve no other purpose than cannon fodder. Dumbest soldiers I've ever seen to be honest.

>inb4 they're MUHREENS not soldiers
>>
Literacy
>>
File: 1458050495668.jpg (3 MB, 2208x2398) Image search: [Google]
1458050495668.jpg
3 MB, 2208x2398
>>30184648

Love the game, the community sucks ass though.
>>
>>30184707

>accuses marines of being dumb
>calls marines soldiers
>>
>>30184625
They're taught to think they're hot shit when they're the same as everyone else.
>>
File: 1456809386619.jpg (675 KB, 1200x950) Image search: [Google]
1456809386619.jpg
675 KB, 1200x950
>>30184835

German/Dutch decks stronk
>>
Too many Mexicans. As an AMERICAN who wants to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, we cannot afford anymore bean eating closet-communists in our armed forces.

All jokes aside, though, everybody hates the jingoism of all the new recruits.
>>
>>30184653

What you mean to say is that there is zero reason for the Army to exist when there's already a second, angrier version of it.
>>
>>30184625
>They're redundant.
Yes the Army has full amphibious assault/landing capability. And they've used it more historically, AND more recently.
>They are a PR nightmare.
A fifth the size of the Army or Navy, 3x as many serious negative incidents (all categories combined), 12x as many rapes and murders.
>They're (more) obnoxious (than the other branches).
HURR TRADITION HURR MY UNIFORM IS BESTEST HURR WE ARE SF-TIER GODS HURR WE MAKE DO WITH ARMY LEFTOVERS HURR EVERY MARINE A RIFLEMAN even when every single point (other than uniforms, they have snazzy uniforms) is patently flat-out fucking wrong.

Basically they do nothing unique or better while costing literally hundreds of billions a year extra to maintain and give the US armed forces a black eye in the court of public opinion both stateside and abroad.
>>
>>30184858
>of all the new recruits
And staff NCO's. And senior NCO's. And every single officer.

Which means the only people who will admit the Marines aren't the hottest shit in boots are the disgruntled lances and corporals, with maybe a sergeant here or there with no chance of a rocker.
>>
ITT: People who don't actually know anything about any branch of the U.S. military.
>>
>>30184907
Enlighten us then, O Wise Boot of No Deployments.
>>
>>30184907
Honestly you could say this in any /k/ thread about the US
>>
>>30184885
Wasn't the last amphibious landing of any size Inchon? That was only what, 5 years after the Army stopped conducting major landings in the pacific?
>>
>>30184859
> Hurr my 50k strong retard army is better than the more experienced and longer deployed 500k strong army that's backed the retard army countless times
>>
>>30184930
2003 actually, which was a semi-combat landing in Iraq. (I say semi-combat because it was "unknown" whether there would be significant resistance, and yeah a couple goat herders shot maybe 300 rounds and 4 RPG's at the nearly 3 brigades that landed).

Guess who didn't participate? That's right, the Marines.

Prior to that, you had over 20 separate battalion-sized landings during Desert Shield (noncombat but imminent threat and conducted as a combat landing) and 3 battalion-sized landings during Desert Storm.

Guess who didn't participate in *any* of those, either?
>>
File: IMG956119.png (161 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG956119.png
161 KB, 320x480
After their function as a tool, the military is a screening program. The USMC is smaller and more extreme in it's discipline and training, making it easier and quicker to fast track potentials than in the Army.

Their owners also worship different entities than the other branches.

The logic to the Corps' existance is layered.
>>
>>30184955
Also, there were literally hundreds of platoon to company sized riverine operations conducted in Iraq by the Army. I know it's not technically an "amphibious assault" but it's water, boats, and fighting.

Relatively certain the Marines didn't do any of those either, especially since they lack patrol boats entirely.
>>
File: 33333dd.png (968 KB, 631x536) Image search: [Google]
33333dd.png
968 KB, 631x536
>earnestly doubting the importance of a dedicated ship-to-shore expeditionary fighting force on a planet mainly covered with Oceans.
>>
>>30185021
>so-called "dedicated ship-to-shore expeditionary fighting force" hasn't done a single goddamn ship-to-shore anything since the Korean War
>the non-dedicated Big Army has, repeatedly
>>
>>30184997
http://www.stripes.com/news/marines-night-river-cruises-in-iraq-are-no-joy-rides-1.53287
>>
>>30184885
>>30184625

I think we can all agree on one thing, the Marine dress uniforms shits on the Army dress uniforms
>>
>>30184840
He was making fun of them. In 2016 the Marine Corps is basically the Army with shittier equipment and more gang bangers.
>>
>>30185064
Dude, a canary-yellow banana hammock shits on the Army dress uniforms.
>>
What about training?
Do the Marines have better training
And who actually is the first on the Battle or whatever its called
>>
>>30185093
They have different training. Not really any better or worse.

The core infantry shit is exactly the same though.

And it's usually Army SF that're first in, and usually CIA that are last out. If you want actual, DoD, uniformed combatants then probably Army SF that are both first in and last out.
>>
File: gomer.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gomer.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>30184625

>What do you have against the USMC?

Once I volunteered at the Special Olympics and ended up spending the day tard wrangling this tard who wouldn't stop going on about how smart/fast/strong he was because he spent all his time having his instructors tell him how great he and the other tards were so that they'd be easier to control.

In other words, if you'd given him a rifle and a helmet, he would have been indistinguishable from your average jarhead.
>>
>>30184625
>tried to form a gun line and attempted to walk .50's on tripods through the First Battle of Fallujah
>literally a division-sized element got BTFO after 3 days of fighting, then got literally rescued after being cut off and surrounded by what's basically a light battalion of Army guys and half a dozen bomb runs from the Air Force
>a few days later during the Second Battle of Fallujah the Army took the city in ~20 hours with a tenth as many people
They're incompetent meatheads with shitty leadership.
>have literally gotten their shit pushed in in every single major engagement they've been in since WW2, then gotten shown up by the Army who proceeds to take the objective they couldn't in less time than they took with fewer men and fewer casualties
>>
>>30185038
>"roughly a handful of boats"
>only element of its kind in the entire USMC
>formed for the sole purpose of guarding the Haditha Dam
>have only ever been in 2 engagements total
Well, cool that they exist (I have a massive boner for riverine ops) but no wonder I overlooked them.
>>
>>30184625
THEY TOOK MY LEGS!
But they brought them back later.
Still, a note would have been nice.
>>
>>30184625
Marines, as a general rule are loud, boisterous, and obnoxious, especially when drunk, which they often are.
>>
>>30184905
How does that happen
>>
>>30185064
I used to really like the Army green, but this whole new dress union looks like shit.

Marines and Navy Officers have the best dress uniforms, hands down. The Army dropped to having one of the worst.
>>
>>30185169
>especially since they lack patrol boats entirely.
that was my whole thing.
>>
>>30184835
Wait, what game is this?
>>
>>30185194
Brainwashing/indoctrination I guess.
>a lie oft repeated sometimes becomes truth

>>30185198
Worst combat uniform hands-down, like third or fourth worst dress uniforms.

For me the worst are Navy junior enlisted followed by AF NCO followed by AF junior enlisted.

>>30185210
>one temporary unit which has since been disbanded
>boats borrowed from SWCC
They still (or again) don't have patrol boats I think.
>>
>>30184840
>what is inb4
>I'm a newfag
>>
>>30185245
Nah, just a Marine.

Which means he has the reading comprehension of a retarded 5 year old and anger issues.
>>
>>30185245
Homie you don't even realize how new you look right now
>>
>>30185198
>>30185229

I think the AF dress uniforms are pretty shitty though. Wtf do they think they are in, a 9-5 job?? (Harr harr harr chair force jokes)

At least the army doesn't look like assistant manager's at a Macy's or Khol's department store. Instead, they just look bland, like the uniform equivalent of corn flakes
>>
>>30184625
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rym5unx0ZCo
>>
I've been stationed with Marines and to put it bluntly, if I need to assault so but fuck place an D litteraly shit freedom on anyone that disagrees with my views or is fucking their country's people up I'm sending in Marines with pre-workout and whisky in their hydration bladders.

Aside from that, except for the more chill or professional marines, 97 precent of the time I can't stand them. Their loud and proud but don't have the good credit to back it up. They cause my station way to much trouble they fuck up everything for the sailors, and they seem to get away with a lot of shit. It's annoying how everytime one of them fuck up its deemed as all branches of responsibility. My black ass can't take it much longer.
>>
>>30185021
d-day
>>
>>30185227

Wargame: Red Dragon
or possibly the titles that came before it, Airland Battle or European Escalation

Fun game
>>
>>30185323

>need to assault so but fuck place an D litteraly shit

Quality post
>>
>>30185356
I've let this thread go by. I've even agreed with the things said but I refuse to let the D-day trope go by. In 1944 the US army had 7,994,750 men. The United States Marines had 475,604 men. They where a bit busy and a bit undermanned to fight in both the Pacific and in freaking France. Stop blaming the Marine Corps for something they had no control over
>>
>>30185457
Nobody's blaming them.

Merely pointing out that in the grand scheme of warfare, they're somewhat irrelevant because they're redundant.
>>
>>30185503
Maybe not in this thread but I do see the whole D-day argument thrown out all the time. Also redundancy is always a good plan
>>
>>30184859
different skills sets different capabilities marines are terrific but they can accomplish what the army can accomplish both contribute greatly to national security
>>
>>30184976
an old veteran who served in both during Nam told me the Marines don't care about your feelings but the Army does
>>
>>30184976
"The logic to the corps existence is layered" one of the all time greatest statements in english history
>>
>>30185524
Fair enough on the D-Day thing.
>redundancy is always a good plan
So axe the Corps and stand up like a single brigade of Navy trained in amphibious assault. Have them be basically the Rangers of the Sea to complement the SEALs.

That way you'd have your redundancy and it wouldn't cost the US taxpayers $25 billion a year to maintain.

>>30185530
>different skill sets
Name one thing the Marines are trained to do that the Army is not. Keep in mind the Marines go to entirely Army skills schools (airborne, air assault, mountain warfare, jungle warfare, SCUBA, HALO, etc).
>different capabilities
No. You could 1:1 replace every Marine in the MEU's with a soldier and there would be zero difference, since the ships themselves don't belong to either branch.
>the rest of that
Stop sperging on your keyboard.

>>30185543
That's really not a good thing though.
>>
>>30184625
Marines are great. Since the entire fucking branch is constantly on the chopping block justifying it's existence.
>>
>>30185229
I disagree to your statement about army combat uniforms, as an army platoon sergeant in 2004 when we wore forest came my Soldiers could always hide from me in the field. When we switched to the new gray ACU pattern I could easily spot them no matter what the environment.
>>
I have nothing against Marine infantry. Your POGs are fucking annoying.
>>
>>30184847
We're hot shit because we spent an extra month in boot camp, just for starters. During that month we spent 24 hours a day being called a faggot and being shoved just short of actual physical assault by the drill instructors, being made to stand at attention for hours (discipline) and extra rifle range time. As an 0311 I clearly received better training than our Ranger counterparts that we routinely trained with, they always had better and newer weapons though, also there's far more niggers in the army than the Marines. It's slightly easier to join the army.
>>
>>30185457
the Marines didn't fight in France because the Army generals didn't want them to get all the glory as they did in WW1
>>
>>30185567
At this point if you want to keep the USMC we could debate it for the rest of the night and neither of us would make any headway. I'd support the USMC stop spending their money on stupid shit like MREs they'll put on a shelf and never use and axing the majority of the overseas bases we have that our fairly pointless.
>>
>>30185590
Only dirty commies want to fold up the corps. I can't stand those mofos (commies not marines)
>>
>>30185618
Honey you aren't helping yourself at all
>>
>>30185638
overseas bases are far from pointless, they tell the bad people in the world they better not attack our interests or we will damage you. only an simpleton who doesn't understand how normal people think would say that
>>
>>30185618
>can't even get the facts right
Marines are in Boot for 11 weeks (not including reception)
Soldiers are in Basic for 9 weeks (not including reception)
2 weeks =/= 1 month

Drill instructors/drill sergeants of all branches have been prohibited from touching recruits since 1998. Having the only NCO you've ever known commit multiple felonies against you within hours of arriving certainly doesn't make you "better" than anyone else, and in fact makes you markedly worse.

The only time Marines and Rangers train together would be a secondary skill school like SCUBA, or perhaps the Rangers had one or two Marines in their Airborne or Air Assault schools (both of which are mandatory for Rangers but have fewer than 100 slots open to all other branches combined per year).

>tl;dr you are full of shit
>>
>>30185657
Yea we really need 19 bases in Germany
>>
>>30185654
>>30185696

The joke
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Your heads
>>
>>30185705
>only 2 of which (Graf and Stuttgart) are primarily US and not primarily Bundeswher bases
>0 of which are exclusively US or funded exclusively by the US
>>
>>30185722
>damage control
Sperg 100% like a boot marine, get treated like a boot marine.
>>
File: us-military-reach.gif (35 KB, 449x244) Image search: [Google]
us-military-reach.gif
35 KB, 449x244
>>30185723
I never said close all bases I said cut back. Some of these are only partial US bases but this ridiculously excessive even if it is in our interest
>>
>>30185696
11 weeks? Try 12-13 for boot alone plus MCT for another 3 weeks if you aren't an 03.
>>
File: Capture.png (233 KB, 1059x349) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
233 KB, 1059x349
>>30185769
>>30185769
http://www.mcrdpi.marines.mil/RecruitTraining/TrainingSummary(ByWeek).aspx
>12 weeks
>1 of which is in-processing
>2 of which involve zero training (one week of bitch details, 1 week of inspections prior to graduation)
So 9 weeks of training, just like the Army.
>b-but my MCT!
Army calls it AIT, they still have it. And the shortest one of those is *seven* weeks.
>>
>>30185618
every time i here a marine say he is better then a ranger I know he is full of shit. yea marines are so awesome that they can make three divisions better then one regiment. eat shit and die you fucking pog
>>
>>30185705
yeah we do. each of them serve a different purpose we have been closing redundant bases in germany and Europe for 25 years. so yeah we do need all those bases if we want to do things correctly and not half assed
>>
>>30185567
>So axe the Corps and stand up like a single brigade of Navy trained in amphibious assault

thats not a bad idea

say, taking beaches is hard with just infrantry if you so much come accross bunkers or light AFVs

they should have tanks

oh, probably artillery too

dont forget helicopters

some type of amphibous landing IFV's

lots of logistical support, and funding since we have a fuckhuge navy

what should we call them? i guess marines or something
>>
>>30185885 you want to replace three active divisions and two reserve divisions with a brigade? anyone who thinks that will work is either a moron or a traitor
>>
>>30185900

listen buddy, the marines are absolete, ok?

now if we dont replace them with the marines, the bloated ineffeicent marines will become redudant in modern war

but the marines on the other hand? now thats something we need
>>
>>30185882
And what are we doing correctly? Baby sitting NATO again?
>>
>>30185916
yes exactly right
>>
>>30185927
yes of course and telling russia to stay in there own yard
>>
>>30185938
The hell is Russia going to do? Their GDP can barely sustain the Ukraine skirmish let alone conquering all of Europe
>>
>>30185938
>people actually believe this shit

as usual the militarist has no concept of correlation or cause/effect
>>
>>30185152
>Army gets shit pushed inward during Pusan and curbs to bed even leaving behind bodies, Marines hold the line and stabilize the area
>Marines reinforce and hold the line then getting surrounded at Chosin and fight their way back to reconnect supply lines to continue the fight.

Look Marines, we ain't all that great but Jesus Christ you mong give credit where it's due. Army does all sorts of shit like the western front in Germany. But marines had the Pacific on lock mate.
>>
>>30184625

nothing, the usmc is a good trap to weed out all the retards in society
>>
>>30185802
You dumbshit, after MCT comes your actual MOS training (unless infantry).

Zero training. Right.
>>
File: wtf.png (249 KB, 601x356) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
249 KB, 601x356
>Marine who was crushing hard on my ex texts her
>"You know tomorrow at anon's might be the last time you see me"
>Ex:"Why's that?" she asks as he apparently has had severe bouts with depression
>"I'm being deployed"
> Ex: "Yes, I know that. But why is this the last time I'll see you? You aren't planning anything stupid are you?"
>"Marines aren't supposed to come home. We die on the battlefield"
>Ex: "Okay well where are you being sent that the US is fighting?"
>"Spain"
>mfw she showed me the texts

I have the utmost respect for the "Old Breed" marines from Vietnam and earlier. But these cringeworthy 20 year old kids riding off the legacy of the older generations thinking they're hard shit cause they're in the corp is just retarded.
>>
>>30186132
Did you even read the fucking link?
>Week 8: Team Week. The recruits take a short break from nonstop training to help out around the island. Recruits do laundry, help in supply warehouses and clean buildings around the depot before beginning the final phase of training.
>Week 12: The new Marines are inspected by their commanding officers. They complete final administrative tasks on the island before their graduation ceremony. The new Marines get 10 days of leave before reporting to the Camp Lejeune, N.C., for additional combat training, and then to various military occupational specialty schools across the country.
>>
>>30184625
Napalm.
>>
>>30186005
>pacific on lock
>took casualties on an uninhabited island

That's Emu War tier.
>>
Should I be a SWO-Nuke or go for muhreen officer
>>
>>30185730
You couldn't spot a joke if it was stapled to the tip of a horsecock and shoved into your eye
Jesus how could you not spot the sarcasm in that post?
Fucking spergs I swear
>>
Don't the Marines exist because unlike with the Army, the President can send them to fuck shit up without congressional approval?
>>
>>30186374
>took casualties on an uninhabited island

A ship hit a mine the Japs left.
>>
>>30185267
>Homie

Get back to San Diego, Motard.
>>
>>30185766
>2002

Look up BRAC and come back with a picture that's even somewhat current.
>>
>>30185021

Sir... would you mind to adress the fact that the marines is just a branch of the military which function can be covered by the navy like every fucking where in the world?

Marines=waste of resources.
>>
>>30187498
Only congress can declare war.
if the president want to shoot people and not call it a war, he need congressional approval for authorization for use of military force after a few weeks.
But congress has already issued such sweeping AUMFs that the president has a lot of power. Innocent men have been tortured and imprisoned for years legally because of the AUMF.
>>
>>30186374
Haha epic memes xD
>>
>>30184625
Getting Japan shut down
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/us-navy-alcohol-ban-japan/
>>
>>30184942
>Butthurt E-3 detected
>>
File: f-35b-stovl-flight-f35.jpg (22 KB, 600x277) Image search: [Google]
f-35b-stovl-flight-f35.jpg
22 KB, 600x277
>>30184625

They turned the F-35 program into an overcomplicated boondoggle by insisting that STOVL be worked into the design.
>>
it's like jordanian armed forces with 1/3 of jordan's armor and aircraft. usmc is a militarized police with more vehicles than the armored cavalry and less practical application than any branch in the military. it's an inept bloated monstrosity with uppity demeanor barely fit to fight fucking arabs. it's a fucking pr nightmare with more sociopaths in one regiment than in entire gurochan userbase. it has no utility or purpose since 1940s and there's absolutely nothing that the army wouldn't do better or just as well.
>>
>>30187652
basically this. the actual history of *why* the USMC exists is pretty fucking fascinating. shortest possible way to put it

>be new USA
>have Continental Army kick out Brits
>have good relations with major powers, Natives mostly dead by disease, only need a few hundred men with rifles to defend against them or the Mehicans
>keep the Army trimmed down af
>however, need small force to fuck around the Carribean for United Fruit and open Japan for dat burgeoning arms market

Basically that's the first phase of the Marines, literally Colonial Marines that keep the xenos down and us rich, open up the isolated ones for new markets

>WW1, Yurop goes to shit, Army is shit, Marines only experienced force around, have to build entire military-industrial system around the knowledge, and thus desires, of the Marine Corp institution, which as an experienced force that kills xenos and not Yanks/Dixies is respected and has prestige recognised by all in the political and business scenes

>interwar
>isolationism is the way to go, little will for keeping the Army mobilised, Marines remain the small, elite force the US needs for backyard hegemony against competitors in the region

>WW2 happens
>realise the Marines are mostly good for island hopping inna Pacific, need to raise the Army to a proper continental land force for Europe, and Navy to focus on anti-ship warfare/power extension of air assets in the seas

>post WW2
>gommies in control of Europe
>shit scared of losing dem markets, gotta keep the Army fuck huge and competent at all possible functions European theater may need
>>
>>30189482
>this enroaches on Marines turf - the US Army is no longer a fensible army primarily but THE expeditionary force of the states
>Marines stop getting deployed as THE amphibious force after Korea, their function largely performed better by the now huge, better resourced US Army
>Marines still exist as a prestige institution, despite all their functions being usurped by the other branches
>realise the only way to keep the Marines relevant is to compete for the lowest common denominator and aggressively recruit Spics, Nigs, Trailer Trash, etc
>keep conning Congress and all its gullible idiots into thinking the Marines are necessary via all the deep industry and prestige contacts that have developed over the last century of Marine activity
>end up with the contemporary USMC, as this weird dialectic of lumpenprole retard troops, but with the ability to sink the JSF program with bizarre demands for pointless toys like SVTOL craft and other shit that only happens bc bloated, cozy mil-industrial-congress complex marine corp was critical in creating

THE FEW

THE PROUD

OORAH DEVIL DOGS
>>
>>30184625
The only thing I have against the USMC is they'll fucking let you know they're/were Marines.

Just like vegans will let you know they're vegans, for no reason at all.
>>
>>30184625
they don't vape
>>
>>30186374
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2016/05/11/101st-soldier-dies-during-training-fort-polk/84250650/
>dying when America isn't even at war
>>
>>30184625
They seem like a bunch of undisciplined frat boys.
https://youtu.be/mYgDu7G3U_c

Literally the worst branch and it attracts the scum of the earth. REAL men go army, navy and Air Force. Little bitch boys with something to prove go marines
>>
Last time this was a video game thread. Bunch of buttblasted whiny bitches in this thread, pretty hilarious as usual.
>>
>>30189616
It's because they are. If they don't have somebody wringing em by the balls, they become, this.
>>
>>30185802

11b osut is 14 weeks, and 11c is 16 iirc. Probably just as much bs as boot camp though.

All dumb shit aside, Army guys don't typically have anything against Marines, and I'm sure its the other way around too. We just wish they would stay in their lane. The dick waving game is real tho.

>>30189554

Its pretty customary to lose at least one man during a training event. We've had people roll over and die, get run over and die, crash into each other and die, get run over by trains and die, and one heart attack death that I'm aware of.
>>
>>30185323

>Sailor talking shit about Marines without sounding like Marines of lovable yet annoying brotherly rascals.

Stop being a traitor squid, I thought we were friends.

DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY.
>>
>>30185503

You can barely get the Army and Airforce to cooperate, how is having an entire self sufficient (essentially) army + air-force WITHIN the department of the Navy redundant?

I fill like this is a massive thing that is overlooked when it's /k/'s time to bash the USMC. It's as if people think that the Department of the Army, Airforce, and Navy work together well and easily at a moments notice.

It seems as if /k/ really feels that the Army could take the place of the Marine Corps within the Department of the Navy at any moment. Which is batshit fucking crazy thinking.
>>
>>30192735

Case in point:

>>30185567

>No. You could 1:1 replace every Marine in the MEU's with a soldier and there would be zero difference, since the ships themselves don't belong to either branch.
>>
File: 1455552948908.jpg (90 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
1455552948908.jpg
90 KB, 680x684
I like the Marine Corps because it seems as though the other branches are falling into complacency when it comes to political correctness. I watched footage of the boot camps of the other branches and cringed at how unintimidating the Drill Sergeants looked and sounded, Air Force especially. Not to mention females earning ranger tabs. I refuse to believe that a woman can earn a ranger tab but mixed-gender units can't operate as effectively as all male units. I see the Marine Corps as the last bastion of warrior culture and masculinity. That's why I joined it.
>>
>>30186162
I laughed at this story for two minutes straight. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>30184625
Forgot the thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mG3BvkT6YQ
>>
File: 1464471987843.jpg (46 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
1464471987843.jpg
46 KB, 400x550
>>30184625
USMC is pretty dope, but they seem to always get shit on. They need more toys, seems like the Army gets all the cool tech and the Marines get to muscle thru with less.
>>
>>30185064
They did just literally rip off the british royal marine uniform
>>
>>30187652

Literally what the fuck.
>>
>>30192556
14 weeks? I thought it would be more. Brits do 26 for inf.
>>
>>30186232
Okay, speaking as a Marine

Team week is a fucking slayfest, any drill instructor on the depot can IT you and you will get passed around like a dirty coed slut. Every working party you do is an excuse for Drill Instructors from other companies to take you island hopping.
>>
>>30184625
spetznas fuck them if we are talking about wargame
>>
>>30184625
Apart from everything they have ever done, probably that they themselves and other people think they are in any way shape or form elite at anything.
>>
>>30186162
To be fair, going to Spain is regularly a jumping-off point for Africa.
>>
>>30189616
Are you going to post something that the Army doesn't do as well or just shit from your mouth?
>>
>>30185146
>>
>>30192696
As a grunt in the army, i can appreciate the nicknames for the different branches. Squid is probably my favorite. What do you call seabees oh devil pup?
>>
File: Now_Entering_a_World_of_Shit.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
Now_Entering_a_World_of_Shit.gif
2 MB, 300x164
The fuck fuck games are the worst

https://youtu.be/8Z6XUvLS7qo
>>
>>30197707
Not him but was a marine grunt. Seabees are navy so also squids. But they don't get called that much because Seabees are the shit. They build anything you want rather well and timely, and if you're cool with them they hook you up.
>>
>>30184625
nothing.
im an aussie who wants to join next year after i get my shit in Houston sorted.
>>
File: 1463636142987.jpg (21 KB, 328x422) Image search: [Google]
1463636142987.jpg
21 KB, 328x422
>>30186162
you dont know what those spics put in those burritos, man
>>
>>30187652
>the puppy thrower
>lance "piss on the corpses"

ah, that takes me back
>>
>>30185610
Marine POGs act like such hot shit
>>
>>30184625
Every single one of them I've come across here has been an angry know-it-all. 0/5, wouldn't recommend.
>>
File: 1449287559635.jpg (117 KB, 1000x672) Image search: [Google]
1449287559635.jpg
117 KB, 1000x672
>>30200079
But I'm a total sweetheart. Want some fuk bby?
>>
I like Marines. Until they become Former Marines. Then they become dicks to work with.
>>
File: 1462034339198.jpg (71 KB, 640x622) Image search: [Google]
1462034339198.jpg
71 KB, 640x622
>>30185722
>post stupid shit and parade it as fact
>get bullshit called out
>ITS A LE JOKE XDDD I WASNT SERIOUSL AS ALL
>>
>>30200188
I haven't been anywhere close to boats during my military career, so no.
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 772x817) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 772x817
>>30184858
This is half true.

While I have met some mexishit nationalist who've infiltrated the USMC, they're usually supply or some super POG MOS.

In the combat MOS its a different story, most grunts, tankers, amtrackers get red-pilled or swept with American Nationalism, the only one who seem immune to it all are usually niggers.

>>30184905
As he said, the ones who usually hate it and talk shit are disgruntled lance coolies or corporals who can't grow up and accept that everything that happened to them while in is their Fault, you signed the dotted line faggot, deal with it.
>>
>>30187652

I hope that shit got his legs blown off from a landmine and slowly bled out to death
>>
>>30187489
Pretty sure he was referring to the whole
>Marines actually do and say this shit ALL THE FUCKING TIME
I mean, I know sarcasm doesn't convey well in written form, but Jesus when somebody's doing a masterful job of acting retarded you can't blame people for calling him retarded
>I was merely pretending!
Nah.
>>
>>30184625
I'm a retired army paratrooper (of the tan beret variety).

I got nothing but love for marine grunts. Marine pogs are completely unbearBle though.

>I'm a marine accountant and I'm as hard corps as delta bro.
>>
>>30184653
I have never met an us army soldier who knows how to conduct operations with components. (Excluding socom)
>>
>>30187652
please tell me this guy got punished somehow
>>
>>30197533
Just because you get yelled at and get stuck on super-shitty bitch details for a week extra doesn't mean your training is any better or longer (no, getting yelled at and doing the DIs' laundry is *not* training).
>>
>>30197593
But, it's the Army that spends all the time in Africa, Marines almost never go and when they do they're in an MEU and sit on a boat off the coast annoying the sailors and getting Page 11's.
>and occasionally getting malaria
>>
>>30200305
Nearly the entire damn Marine Corps got punished for that. It was a pretty big deal.

But guess what killing dogs was pretty common. Throwing puppies off cliffs and uploading it to YouTube was the fucking real idiocy.
>>
>>30200355
This.

The mongrel dogs that seem to roam everywhere in the ME are literally a health hazard.
>insert mango worm video here
All those "vector control" trucks you saw on every FOB and decently-sized COP? 99% of what they did was shoot the feral dogs and cats with a suppressed Savage mk2, throw the corpse in a trash bag, and burn it.
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.