[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best pocket knife under $50, $40, and $30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1451182492327.jpg (229 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
1451182492327.jpg
229 KB, 1360x768
Hey knifebros. I need a new pocket knife. I had a Gerber paraframe for the last several years that I finally lost. I know nothing about steel qualities or hardnesses but I know alot of you guys know your shit. My list of preferences are as follows.
1. Length of blade needs to be 3 to 4.5 inches
2 Edge retention should be be as good as possible related to price point
3. Assisted open is a plus but not if it comes with some of the retarded convoluted button, lever, switch combos I've seen on Buck knives of late.
I appreciate it /k/nifebros.
>>
Stop worrying about this best/worst shit, especially in that price range. If you just need a general purpose folding knife, go to the sporting goods store and buy one that is comfortable. Sharpen it when it gets dull. Replace it when it breaks or more likely if you actually use them regularly, it gets lost. Don't overthink the simple shit.
>>
>>30184277
Don't hate on my suggestion: use lanyards on pocket knives? Why don't knife makers put bails (retention loops) on every knife made? I use an ID lanyard w/clip to secure my knives. I miss my Gerber assisted-open -- lost because unsecured!
>>
File: 1448614826757.jpg (691 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448614826757.jpg
691 KB, 1920x1080
>>30185319
I looked at some reviews did a little independent research and settled on getting a couple to see how they do. One was a Schrade with a 9cr18 blade and the other was a Sanrenmu with a 8cr13. If I screwed up let me know it's not too late to cancel.
>>
Ontario RAT.
$30 on amazon.
>>
>>30184277
Case, Buck, Moore Maker, SOG, old Schrade stuff if you run across any, and Camillus are pretty good knives for the money. Can't speak to some of the other stuff I've seen here, don't have any of it.

>>30185386
Lanyards on everything I use around water. Haven't stored a knife at the bottom of the lake ever.
>>
>>30185471
Schrade ought to be OK. Their old stuff was golden. I have a couple of the new ones and they're blocky but hold an edge reasonably well for stainless.
>>
>>30185471
Sanrenmu's are fantastic value knives, i have a sanrenmu 7010, it cost me about $6 with free shipping, its on par with some of my other $50 knives. Sanrenmu, Enlan, and Ganzo are three chinese brand knives which are very cheap but very good quality for the price
>>
What do y'all use to clean gunk off your carbon steel blades? I have tarnished a "Barlow", a Schrade, etc
>>
>>30184277
Buck vantage series. Pick whichever flavor suits you best.
>>
File: cold_steel_pocket_bushman.jpg (22 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
cold_steel_pocket_bushman.jpg
22 KB, 500x333
I used to say buck was the best cheap knife but after I had my pocket bushman I'd say it's the best deal. You'll see that there are problems with some models. Get the cts bd1. It's better than 420hc and the lock is a hell of a lot better than a backlock.
>>
File: 20160602_225744.jpg (823 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160602_225744.jpg
823 KB, 3264x1836
>>30188410
Oh, and never use as prybar
>>
>>30187247
Bar keepers friend works well in stainless steel
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.