[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ I have a small request Does anyone have the link to this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: TeqaXt6VYcNSt2ryqLEGsfZj.jpg (248 KB, 900x935) Image search: [Google]
TeqaXt6VYcNSt2ryqLEGsfZj.jpg
248 KB, 900x935
/k/ I have a small request
Does anyone have the link to this one story about what would've happened if the Cuban Missile Crisis went hot? I don't have it bookmarked, and I've spent a while trying to find it to no avail. I know that this isn't the board for /r/equests, but /r/ didn't help. The story was on the one forum about alternate history or something if that helps.
>>
tldr - castro had leapfrogs on the beaches ready to fire at the first sign of an invasion and macnamara had no idea. had kennedy followed through miami would be even more of a post apocalyptic shithole than it already is
>>
selfbump
>>
>>30184193
>Does anyone have the link to this one story about what would've happened if the Cuban Missile Crisis went hot?
USA + USSR = H*10000 + H*10000
>>
>>30184285
>>30184457
It went into incredible detail, about command and control systems breaking down, a new USA rising out of the ashes with only 25 million people left led by Lyndon B. Johnson.I can't remember many more details though.
>>
>>30184193
Google vasili arkhipov, it almost did
>>
OP here, I found it. Here's the link if anyone else wants it.
http://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/the-cuban-missile-war-timeline.65071/
>>
>>30184493
>a new USA rising out of the ashes with only 25 million people left led by Lyndon B. Johnson
>led by Lyndon B. Johnson
Those poor souls.
>>
>>30184703
Kek
>>
>>30184193
Would the soviets really start a war over a shitty island?

I mean they're guaranteed to lose all their power and most of the country for some shithole 5,000 miles away
>>
>>30184607
Damn
That's pretty gud
Would the Soviet Union really have a 99% loss in population though? And why would Brazil and China become the new superpowers?
>>
>>30185536
Russia and Yurop are smouldering craters and America is >>30184493, so naturally they're best positioned to fill the vacuum.
>>
>>30185536

Yes. The quantity, quality, and readiness of the American nuclear forces and interceptors were incredibly one sided in 1962. The Warsaw Pact would have been annihilated if they went toe to toe with the United States during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I imagine LeMay was chomping at the bit to preemptively wage nuclear war during the Cuban Missile Crisis because he more than anyone was aware of what an advantage we had, especially if we hit first. Most of the Soviet ICBM force of the time took a long time to prep for launch, and could only stay on alert for less than a day before being taken off line for maintenance. So basically, in the event of a surprise strike, only the missiles already on alert would be available to fire...which would amount to about a dozen. Of those, a good percentage would malfunction. They also weren't incredibly accurate. Soviet SLBMs were also nowhere near the US coast. Soviet bombers would also be facing a savage air defense. LeMay was ready to pull the trigger and sacrifice a few million Americans (and Europe I guess) to completely obliterate the Soviet Union.
>>
>>30186398
i did not realize we had that much of an edge back then holy shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.