[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever see any of "The Purge" series of movies? How would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11
File: The-Purge.png (853 KB, 806x806) Image search: [Google]
The-Purge.png
853 KB, 806x806
Ever see any of "The Purge" series of movies? How would you defend yourself and your loved ones for those 12 hours? Do you even trust them? Could you bring yourself to kill them if they attacked you? Or would you just hole up with some /k/omrades innawoods until everything passed over?
>>
>>30183137
Steel doors and window shutters, lights off, everyone with a 12 gauge up all night without sleep. The best way to fight off attacks is not draw attention, my house is not worth robbing.
>>
>>30183137
id wish they do a "purge" hollywood movie.

All those movie execs getting purged would be pretty killer.
>>
>>30183137
I have the strangest felling that after my 3rd or 4th time through a purge I'd just spend each year trying to collect enough skulls to make an altar to Khorne
>>
>>30183155
>The best way to fight off attacks is not draw attention, my house is not worth robbing.
This, walk softly and carry a big stick.
It also helps if you have backup, 3 people is a great start point.
Going beyond bars over windows and steel doors with reinforced frames is a big attention draw so being nondescript with a retreat/escape plan is first on my table.
>>
>>30183137
>How would you defend yourself and your loved ones for those 12 hours?
Live in the middle of nowhere and make my house into a bunker
>would i be willing to kill someone if they attacked me
Yes
>>
Buy insurance on the house and plan a vacation out of the country.
Or go in the woods on the middle our 800 acre hunting club. Hide truck with camo net. No fire. Night vision goggles and space blankets to hide thermals. Or build a bunker that locks from the inside.
>>
>>30183137
i'd probably be one of the victims
not everyone can be a survivor
>>
>>30183204
boi I don't think there's a single insurance company in the world that would insure during a purge
>>
>>30183243
Come on there would be something for the purge
>>
>>30183224
>i'd probably be one of the victims
>not everyone can be a survivor
And very few will go on murdering sprees, do not forget it is much harder to attack an entrenched position than it is to defend it.
>>
>>30183137
Up on my roof with beer and a rifle
>>
>>30183255
>Come on there would be something for the purge
>All law go out the window

I would also assume contracts.
>>
>>30183255
if there was insurance, the premiums would be sky high
>>
>>30183137
Go visit Mexico
>>
>>30183243
There would have to be. Unless they only insure things for 364 days a year.
>>
>>30183262
this. theres water to my rear. anyone who doesnt live on my block wont get past the stop sign.
>>
I never understood those movies, really. You'd think that unless you WANTED to kill someone you'd evacuate your location and go hide somewhere like a week before the purge was happening. All this last minute preparation/escape bullshit is just too unrealistic given the lethality of the event.
>>
>>30183297
Well, think they might give me a discount if i have M60s that pop out of my roof and gun fuckers down?
>>
>>30183137
go out in the woods in the middle of nowhere, set up in a treestand way up high with a bottle of liquor, silenced rifle, and NVGs. Anything comes my way and I will blow it away, even if there is a group there's no way they will want to fuck with an invisible sniper in the woods.
>>
>>30183325
Me neither. How would society work when every argument, dispute, etc would come down to "We'll settle this on Purge Night".

The view that most people are violent degenerates who only act civilized due to the outside forces of law enforcement and the criminal justice system didn't sit right with me.
>>
>>30183188
most under rated post.
>>
>>30183510
it would be mostly the degenerates of our society killing eachother off.

i feel like there would be designated safe zones.

like "ALL PURGING MUST TAKE PLACE OUTSIDE CITY LIMITS."
>>
>>30183510
>Me neither. How would society work when every argument, dispute, etc would come down to "We'll settle this on Purge Night".
Yeah, better to just have dueling legal at that point.
>>
personally i would start building a bunker, disguised as something mundane, and wait inside for a couple days just to make sure its all clear.

i dont personally wish to engage in such activities. younger stupider angstier me would have, but honestly the risk isnt worth the reward and i dont hold hostility against anyone even the people i have issues with.

and this is coming from probably one of the few anons who has heh... a few very nice firearms and is prepared better than most.
>>
Landmines all throughout the yard, some concrete blocks to stop vehicles from ramming, and staying in the basement of a fireproofed house.

I will be drinking tea and relaxing.
>>
>>30183188
This.
>>
Board up the house and send the family in the basement.

I'll be upstairs with muh AR and a stack of mags.
>>
>>30183537
>ALL PURGING MUST TAKE PLACE OUTSIDE CITY LIMITS

I'll be waiting for you.
>>
File: theydon'tevenhideit.png (1 MB, 1767x699) Image search: [Google]
theydon'tevenhideit.png
1 MB, 1767x699
>>30183510
Ultraviolence is leftist fantasy in the same way rape is what most feminists dream about. They masturbate to the thought of "blood running down the streets" quite loudly every time a city proposes lifting a stupid ban, like conceal carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.

The last Purge shitfest coming from Jewlywood is literally "let's jerk off about assassinating Donald Trump, the movie."

Leftists are anything but civil. They're savages who get what they want through threats and physical violence. They want others disarmed because a gun lets the weak defend themselves against the mob.
>>
>>30183310
>Mexico, where its the purge every day
>>
>tfw I work in the inner city.

> tfw my asshole company would tell us to work purge night.
>>
File: 1457319897515.jpg (32 KB, 469x311) Image search: [Google]
1457319897515.jpg
32 KB, 469x311
>>30183645
youd never even see me kammeraden, because id be somewhere completely safe watching tv and drinkin beer lol.
>>
>>30183574
This

1. Any blatant display of defense will result in being a target next year
2. Going offensive literally makes you the hunted
3. There will ALWAYS be someone more skilled, better equipped, or prepared to take you down. It's like saying "I have the fastest car on the street"

Lay low and do not tell anyone.

Also, I have a hard time believing everyone would follow "machine guns but no explosives lol", or "class 3 ONLY today, just store it for the other 364 days". And why would you kill? I find a night of lawlessness would be more apt to rape and pillage
>>
>>30183704
>just lock the door and do inventory, no one will bother you
>>
>>30183678
lol when that come to "purge" with sticks, rocks, and knives.

>its just not fun
>they keep coming
>i keep stackin bodies
>its like a hacked game of tower defense
>>
>>30183738
I'd be somewhere safer, 1000yds out.

Drinking Scotch.

"lol"
>>
File: 1461014587840.gif (2 MB, 350x346) Image search: [Google]
1461014587840.gif
2 MB, 350x346
>>30183761
i feel like it would split our society right down the middle, between those that purged, and those that refused.

like how people get rejected for a dui or a felony, they would get rejected for purging.

>"ah, mr. anon i see you have several degrees, years of experience in this field, and are more qualified that the individuals currently holding positions in that dept. but unfortunately it has come to our attention that you participated in last years purge, and we cant have someone will a violent record working in our company. thank you for applying but unfortunately your application has been denied."
>>
>>30183204

The insurance companies also take advantage of "all crime is legal" during the purge and choose not to honor insurance claims.
>>
>>30183797
so....we-were good then?
>looks around nervously
>i feel like he has a point somewhere
>>
night before the purge

>set off emp
>put up road work signs that direct traffc in weird directions
>rig home with "surprises"
>take vacation
>watch hilarity from security cams
>probably never come back
>>
>>30183204

Insurance wouldn't insure shit during the purge.

Otherwise you could get comprehensive on your car/house/etc and light it up yourself and make a claim.

No way to investigate something like arson (you vs others).

Also...all crime is legal. That not only means you, insurance fraud. But the insurance company as well, breech of contract/not covering anything.
>>
Why not band with others that oppose the purge and plot a coup against the US government?
>>
>>30183865

How would security cams work if you "set off emp".

Also, how does one "set off EMP" in the first place?

Besides that, doing anything BEFORE the purge would result in criminal charges.
>>
>>30183328
>>30183297
>>30183255
>>30183243
>>30183204

What if they had a plan set up where you earned points based on the amount, quality, and conspicuousness of the defenses set up around your property?

In an extreme example, say you had a 20 foot high 4 foot thick wall of concrete reinforced with rebar with razor wire at the top, a spike pit on the bottom, and automated machine gun emplacements with motion and heat tracking on the other side, you get your "purge night premiums" for much cheaper than a guy living in an average town house with a wood fence.
It'd be tough to build the point system though, I feel like a lot of it would be pretty vague. Anybody care to build on this?
>>
>>30183537
>it would be mostly the degenerates of our society killing eachother off.

I don't know if it's every specifically stated in the movies (I've seen the first 2 once each and that was a while ago) but I think a big perk for the country is that purge night is basically where all the homeless, poor people, and violent types are culled and keep their cities nice.
>>
>>30183137
Sitting in a chair in a nearby sewer. The place is covered in spray paint and still smells of the dead opossum I've thrown in with my de-sexing stick.
>>
>>30183188

>not collecting skulls 365 days a year.

Do you even believe in blood for the blood god nigger?
>>
>>30183932
>Also, how does one "set off EMP" in the first place?

There are ways, the most well known being the detonation of a nuclear weapon.
>>
Passport and a vacation in Canada, desu.

Purge is stupid. In the first few years some group of jackasses would try to blow up something critical like a nuclear power plant;or rob a military base of tanks.
>>
>>30183979
That's pretty much it IMO, niggers kill and get killed. Violent "youths" are killed, old people who aren't protected are killed . its pretty basic, Tyrone is dead and doesn't rob liquor stores, and Franny is dead so no expensive payments. Pretty fucked but has its merits
>>
I wish people would stop bringing up these stupid pro gun control propaganda b-movies on /k/.

OP a fag.
>>
>>30184455
>pro-gun control
If they are then they're failing at it.
>>
>>30184554
The director stated that the movies were expressly anti-gun.
>>
See, I'd be getting in on that hacker's wetdream for those 24 hours.
>>
>>30183137

By going on vacation abroad for a week like everyone else would in reality.
>>
>>30184554
>everyone is just looking for an excuse to be violent and if given the chance everyone would be murderers
>this is why we shouldn't have guns

I think that's the logic they were going for.
>>
So would you band together with some other /k/ommandos to survive the purge?

Or would you be too afraid of them turning on you for that nice new custom AR you're toting around?
>>
>>30184807
todiefor.jpg
>>
File: booby.jpg (150 KB, 667x406) Image search: [Google]
booby.jpg
150 KB, 667x406
BOOBY TRAPS, BOOBY TRAPS, BOOBY TRAPS, IT'S AWWWWWWWWRIGHT!
>>
>hide somewhere with family
One of them turns on you. You die.

>fortify home
A gang sees it as a challenge and invade. You die.

>hide in the woods/abandoned areas
Government kill squads are specifically monitoring those areas. You die.

>leave the country/hide in an undisclosed safe area
Your home is undefended, you are robbed blind and/or it is destroyed.

>hunker down with /k/ and /mlp/
Someone does something stupid. You die. But you and your guns are fingerbanged first.
>>
>>30183137

Take a conveniently-timed overseas vacation.
>>
File: 1-D2Id7aO_IPGeFbXdS1o3_A.png (724 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1-D2Id7aO_IPGeFbXdS1o3_A.png
724 KB, 600x600
Fun data-mining thread.
>>
Leave the country the day before.
Come back in a week when the blood has been cleaned off the streets
>>
>>30183188
nigger collect skulls and guns for a alter to the almighty /K/ube (praise be upon it)
>>
>>30185104
>>hunker down with /k/ and /mlp/
>Someone does something stupid. You die. But you and your guns are fingerbanged first.
Sounds like the way to go.

Also,
>RAPE
>>
>>30183137
I went full autism and made a powerpoint on this shit, loadouts, tactics, that shit, team comps
>Ive posted it here before and will again if anyone asks
Its kinda cringe
>>
>>30183159
>All those movie execs getting purged would be pretty killer
>killer

kek, underrated
>>
I feel like /k/ would make an operator team to go out and kill those fucked up degenerates hunting down homeless people and shit. Literally why, most of what homeless people have done wrong is drugs and spending all their money on liqueur to forget that they are homeless. Kill all those kids.
>>
>>30184666
Yet in both movies, the antagonists use guns to fight off the bad guys.
>>
File: Nugget_Security.jpg (249 KB, 967x1000) Image search: [Google]
Nugget_Security.jpg
249 KB, 967x1000
>>30183137
I'm surprised that no one decided to call Nugget Security.
>>
>>30183137
None of you nigs are right. Spend the other 364 days stocking legal semi auto weapons and full auto components, then on the day of the purge drill no-no holes like a madman. Sell for profit and repeat
>>
I feel like if there actually was a purge, most neighborhoods would band together in groups. It wouldn't be about defending houses, it would be a somewhat largish group of well-armed dudes setting up barricades and defending the neighborhood. The only force that would get in would be a larger, more ballsy force … which is possible, but unlikely. If you were in a band of say, 10 bandits, would you really want to go try to infiltrate the neighborhood that has 40 well-armed adult males standing guard and no way to enter by car? I wouldn't.
>>
>>30185104
>>hide in the woods/abandoned areas
>Government kill squads are specifically monitoring those areas. You die.

What? the government goes dormant for a day. This would be the safest bet. altough I imagine it would also be safe to stay in town. The only thing that would happen is already existing criminals would keep committing crimes.
>>
There'd probably be more drunk driving and other sorts of reckless lawlessness (also I would buy so much shit tax free), but I really can't see a large chunk of society becoming murderers because the government said "no laws for a day lel"

If anything I'd be most worried about the CEO of my bank clearing out a bunch of accounts and retiring at some nice island.
>>
>>30185520
Nah cunt, Id clean the streets of trash
>>30185532
Nah Id rather not have my body covered in cosmo when they fuck up and shoot me
>>
The biggest crimes if there was a real purge would be looting and destruction of government buildings and financial buildings. I guarantee there would be some concerted effort to erase all debt records, similar to Fight Club. If there is a guarantee that there will be no cops out for an entire night, the most heinous, planned terrorist acts would occur.
>>
>>30185633
Explosives are still illegal tho, so the terrorists would be limited in theory
>>
>>30185718
Was that stated in the movie?
>>
>>30185718
First movie they are. Then the second movie says "ANY and ALL crime" is legal during the purge. And like I said, even if there was some crime were illegal during the purge, there are no cops out, so people wouldn't be concerned with the consequences, they would simply be taking advantage of the situation.

But the last purge movie says ANY and ALL crime. That is pretty clear.
>>
>>30183137
Go on Vacation outside the US for two weeks. Duh.
>>
File: image.png (282 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
282 KB, 1242x2208
>>
>>30185528
>The antagonists fight the bad guys.
Come on, son.
>>
>>30185767
Yeah, I will trust the movie, which says "any and all crime" over a wikipedia article which was probably written by some spergie.

Again, those rules were for the first movie. The second movie says "any and all crime" and nothing else. "Any and all" is pretty clear from a legal stand point. It means literally anything is legal, which includes killing anyone, or bombing or destroying any building or property. Period.
>>
>>30185861
Sorry, protags. Not sleeping for a day and a half doesn't help.
>>
>>30185767
>>30183137
>>30183310
>>30183537
>>30183696

I like the idea of Trump hiring a bunch of people to help him mow down angry illegals so that he can make America great again. Seeing as how the plot of the upcoming one is basically murdering Trump, he should just preempt them.

>Trump leaks intel to make people believe he is in location X
>Illegals all swarm to location X
>they mill about angrily and confused as they burn American flags and yell "viva la mexico" and "caesar chavez" and shit
>6 A10's come into view
>all explosive ordinance replaced with more GAU-8's
>thousands of rounds of 20mm tear through the illegal hordes
>they die screaming about how this is racist
>Trump decides not to build a wall because this makes for a great yearly tradition
>>
>>30185910
*30mm
>>
>>30183642
Downstairs, what a great way to get your family gassed or burned to death. I dread the day I go on a structure fire call and there is a basement.
>>
>>30183137
Bars on windows and doors, and build a wall. Seriously, then I'd put concertina wire fucking everywhere. On the wall, on the property side of the wall. Fuck I'd just blanket out fucking concertina wire out from the wall for like 40 feet into the property. I have a feeling with enough barbed and razor wire people would just be like "ahh fuck it."
>>
>>30183137
>How would you defend
>defend
I think the real word you're looking for is "attack".
>>
It shilling a retarded fucking movie. This happens every time this shitty movie has a sequel.
>>
dig a fucking hole in the woods and camouflage it. sleep in my hole while you fucktards get spitroasted over a hobos fire.
>>
>>30185875
They specify violent crime.
>>
>>30183137
Sometimes I wish the purge was actually real. Reason? I live in Nevada, and since most people would probably try to run off into the desert until it ends, I would have a reason to craft a massive war rig and ride eternal on the Fury Road hunting those fuckers down with my war boys.
>>
>>30185432
never watched these movies, but I assume leaving the city/town/state/country before a purge is banned and ends in permanent murder-death from the authoritah

>what would you do?
climb a tree in camo with a backpack full of coffee and ammo with a few books
>>
>>30185459
do it fellow /k/ommando
>>
>>30183188
>not collecting skulls for /k/horne

That's double heresy
>>
>>30183826
In the movies fantasy land purging is a quasi religious or civil duty. Not purging would be similar to not using fireworks on the 4th of July.
>>
File: likea$$40l35.jpg (15 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
likea$$40l35.jpg
15 KB, 187x269
>>30185910
>the plot of the upcoming one is basically murdering Trump
Wat? From what I remember it's a woman running for president who as a child lost her entire family to Psyco's one Purge-nite. She is an anti-Purge Presidential Candidate, or Senator and the Clique (OUR NEW FOUNDING FATHERS PRAISE BE UNTO THEM) who benefits from the Purge is going to take her our.

For fucks sake, you know they started making the movie before Trump was even one of 30 in the Rebpulican Clown Car.

Is it anti-Fundy, anti-Christfag, anti-Conservative Agi-Prop? Sure. It isn't in any way I can see Anti-Trump.
>>
>>30184289
IIRC anything that's .gov is completely off limits on purge night.
Off limits as in if they see anything move they light it the fuck up.
>>
>>30186405
>https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/12odHCXnw8pumXnJbFlK6cK-WLG1xJtrHH6Npagh8RTo/edit?usp=sharing
Meh
>>
>>30185414
how in the fuck is this a data mining thread, you raving lunatic
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.