[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Auctions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
I might be going to an auction next weekend to purchase some firearms and maybe make a few bucks off of them. It's mostly fudd shit with a hi-point thrown in, but the newspaper ad also said a "semiautomatic rifle with long magazine and muzzle brake", so there may be some better stuff. The thing is, I've never been to an auction. My plan is to price out all of the guns listed in the ad on Gunbroker, then try to stay $50-$100 under those prices. Do you guys have any tips for auctions? Will I be able to visually inspect the guns?
>>
Bumping with some guns, a Browning A5 is one of the guns I might keep for myself, along with the Hi-Point if I can get it cheap enough.
>>
pls help me obiwan /k/enobi
>>
>>
Auctions can go both ways. Either people get competitive and way over pay for guns, or some walk through for a mere fraction of the price. Also, yes, any reputable auction company will let you inspect them first.

Take the last auction I was at for example. Some woman bought two 30 year old 10/22's for $450 EACH. Some guy then bought 10 bricks of .22 for $0.20 a round. Then a 1903a3 came up to the block, I managed to snag it for $220.

Most important thing you can do is remember to keep a cool head and try not to get caught up in the nonsense.
>>
>>30182617
Would I be wrong in assuming pic is Metro inspired?
>>
>>30183514
Thanks for the advice. I'm a broke kid and I'm assuming it'll be mostly old fudds with more money outbidding me on everything. Do I have to have the cash on hand?

>>30183705
No idea, I just got it from a thread a while back.
>>
>>30183952
>Do I have to have the cash on hand?
Depends entirely on the auction house. Most let you use a card. Also, most auction companies will deal though an FFL, so expect to have to pick up your gun at a LGS
>>
>>30184005
They charge 3% for use of a card so I figured I'd just use cash. Does going through an FFL mean I can't get any handguns, because I'm under 21?
>>
>>30184474

Yes. Auction sales go through an FFL. They are not a private sale.
>>
auctions are always iffy. to me most times it seems like there is a guy there bidding shit up but never buying anything. you really have to know what your looking at to know if your getting a decent deal. most time people will pay way to much
>>
>>30184876
If they consider the sale as being from current owner (or executor of the estate) to the buyer, without the auctioneer taking possession of the firearm, it is a private sale, though the current owner must hand off the gun.

It is similar to the legality of Armslist, with the commission being "advertising" done on part of the auctioneer.

I have bought something like 9 or 10 guns this way, generally from estate sales.
>>
>>30184960

I guess different places do it differently then. OP should check before the auction takes place either way to see if he should bother bidding on handguns.
>>
>>30184992
It is less local laws and more local auctioneers and the relative amount of risk an estate or seller is willing or able to risk.

One local auctioneer will do either or, depending on the seller. The local police seizures, for example, are delivered through a FFL because the department cannot directly sell guns to the public.

A month later, the same auctioneer sold 300 guns, cash and carry. Or I should say, advertised.

>>30182617
I bought a pre-war Winchester Model 52 in 85-90% for $300 and a FN Mauser 98 for $320. The guy next to me spent $600 on a Mossberg pistol grip shotgun and another guy payed $80 for a 50 year old brick of 22LR. Moral of the story, don't get emotionally invested in the item and decide a maximum price before bidding. You should be able to inspect before bidding, though rough handling (don't fucking dry fire shit, especially exposed hammer shotguns) will make you the one to blame if something is wrong. Sales are almost always AS-IS.
>>
>>30182617
That's some shit would write if I wanted ARfags to come to my auction and I only had a mini 14 with a muzzle brake to sell
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.