[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this question is autistic, but please indulge me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
Who wins?

1,000 soldiers with Sks
Vs
800 soldiers with AR 15's

For unknown reasons, the AR 15's only have 20 round magazines with them.

Terrain: Desert.
>>
Literally pick your favorite.
>>
>>30182304
The nugget.
>>
>>30182277
AR's can engage at distance and carry more ammo.
>>
>>30182277
OP has inadvertently begun a caliber war.
>>
>>30182277
>AR fags and SKS fags killing each other

everyone else wins
>>
>>30182277
1000 Soldiers with semi-automatic rifles are going to beat 800 soldiers with semi-automatic rifles because the outcome of a large scale engagement doesn't come down to minute differences in weaponry.
>>
>>30185080
400 yards effective range versus 600 yards is a 50% increase. That's a lot of ground to cover while under fire, before your weapon is useful.
>>
>>30185080
You. I like you.
>>
Depends on who is better trained, better logistics, and a better battle plan.
>>
>>30185080
I appreciate that you tried to simplify it, but you damn well know superior numbers aren't walways what they're cracked up to be. If they we're fighting in huge formations in an open field maybe
>>
>>30182277
at twice the capacity and twice the speed of reload, ar-15 is gonna win. I own both and sorry but it's true.
>>
>>30186112
since both armies would carry a battle loadout there is no infinite ammo

ARs can dump ammo faster because they have 20 round mags
ARs can change mags faster because well they are changeable magazines

however since OP hasn't specified the AR it very well could mean both are using iron sights

OP also specifically says "soldiers"
meaning well trained soldiers who use tactics

so no standing around openly in an open field but a battlefield with cover
hopefully no ammo dumps but well placed shots

it's not so easy to dismiss 200 additional SKS's in such a scenario
>>
>>30185162
This. Its not the Napoleonic era.
>>
>>30183371
>implying that wasn't the goal all along
>>
>>30185080
The us had a 10 to 1 kill death ratio in Korea
>>
>>30182277
depends on who is using them, if the sks is being used by US forces and the AR15 is being used by hajis then AR15 loses, if it is the reverse sks loses.
if both sides are hajis sks wins because the haji AR will jam through lack of maintenece
if both sides are US sks wins because greater numbers
>>
>>30182277
>1,000 soldiers with Sks
>800 soldiers with AR 15's

10 soldiers with AKs OP.
>>
what a retarded question. who is advancing on who? and terrain is desert? these two units are fighting over an open desert that has no strategic resources. Nice.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.