[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Global Military Rankings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-06-06-00-34-51.png (277 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-06-00-34-51.png
277 KB, 1080x1920
Would you agree with this list?
>>
>>30181734
>Italy #10

no.
>>
>>30181734
How they calculate this shit is beyond me.

I would calculate based off of:
Size
Technology
Force Projection Capability
Senior NCO experience
Senior Officer Experience

For me that would make the list:
1) US
2) Russia
3) UK
4) France
5) Germany & Other NATO allies involved in ISAF

China has size. That's really it. It's tech is crap, it can't project force, I don't think even their oldest generals have combat experience at this point.
>>
>India
>>
>>30181734

China, India, Japan and Turkey have absolutely zero combat experience, they don't even know if their doctrines work yet.
>>
>>30181944
>they don't even know if their doctrines work yet.
That leaves some possibility that they might work, unlike the US were we know they don't.
>>
>>30181944
>Turkey have absolutely zero combat experience
They do actually. They've had some combat with NATO in the coalitions and then there's their war against the PPK
>>
>>30181962

The US has never lost a war???
>>
>>30182124
>inb4 muh vietnam
>>
>GFP
I See you're new here!

It's just bullshit website.
Country 1 got : 500 T-55
Country 2 got : 400 M1A1

= Country 1 > Country 2
>>
>>30181779
this
>>
>India #4
>Poo catapaults somehow make them stronger than the British and French.

I wouldn't buy this if it was half-off.
>>
>>30181779
>China
>It's tech is crap

Now THAT is uninformed bullshit. Their tech is on a near-parity with Russia and rapidly approaching the point where it will be better.
>>
>>30181734
Pretty accurate.

/k/ is infected with pol-tier mindesets so they overvalue Western Countries.
>>
>>30181734
So this is what /k/ has become.
posting phone screencaps of arbitrary lists.
>>
I'd put Russia ahead of China, and India way down because although they have large military numbers they don't have the equipment or doctrine for expeditionary warfare.
>>
>>30181734
I'm betting China could win a war with Russia at this point, if only because they have a lot more money to throw around in the arena
>>
>>30184721
>China ahead of Russia

I'm a tard
>>
>>30181734
India is debatable.
Germany shouldn't even be there, their military is laughable.
>>
>>30181779
Those factors are good, but if I were to add one (which admittedly is rather subjective) I would include national moral and support. This factor is vital for any prolonged military operation, although it does vary and change in accordance to the nature of the conflict.
>>
>>30184706
Go read Military Review if you want a real discussion.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.