[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WW2 badass?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: FB_IMG_1465168068306.jpg (24 KB, 544x350) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465168068306.jpg
24 KB, 544x350
A British soldier fought in WW II with a longbow, bagpipes, and a broadsword!! ...Soldier 7

Lieutenant Colonel John Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill, or more commonly known as “Fighting Jack” was a British soldier renowned for his outlandish battle techniques in World War II. Routinely called mad, Churchill would go into every battle with a Scottish broadsword slung across his back, bagpipes under his arms, a longbow, and a quiver with arrows.

Churchill joined the army relatively early in his life. He joined the Commandos because it “sounded dangerous,” unsure of what his duties would be. Churchill was put in charge of raiding several German garrisons and became famous for his strategies. While in Poland, Churchill would give the signal to attack by shooting at the enemy commander with his longbow. This marks him as the only known British soldier to have killed an enemy with a longbow throughout the entire war.

Churchill also became famous for his routine attack style while trying to capture different enemy territories. He would jump from his position while playing a tune on his bagpipes. As he did this he would throw a grenade and sprint into the midst of the fighting, attempting to fell as many men as possible with his broadsword!

/K/ this is either a tale or this guy has the biggest balls I have ever known.

FYI you will never kill Nazis with a broadsword and arrows
>>
File: 1454800380304.jpg (27 KB, 480x259) Image search: [Google]
1454800380304.jpg
27 KB, 480x259
>>30181475
>use weaponry that is 150% outdated and inefficient compared to standard issue technology
>get a freak-kill with it that you could've achieved with any other firearm
>get applauded for it because "duuude such a bada$$"
yeah I'm sure he did a swell job at laying down suppressive fire with his bow to protect his fellow comrades while advancing towards the enemy
dude would've been fragged within days of pulling that shit in vietnam
>>
>>30181475

More evidence Brits are the gods of war.
>>
>>30181582

He did that and more, check his wiki out before you go armchair general on him you fat faggot.
>>
>>30181475
horrible description of his actions, the dude killed a German once, in France 1940. Was never in Poland. Op stop sucking cocks and research your shit more
>>
>>30181582
>get a freak-kill with it that you could've achieved with any other firearm
he killed a sentry in a commando raid with a longbow, so yes there was a reason to not use a gun. OPs condensed version of an old badass of the week post is wrong on this regard and for most of the shit.
>>
>>30181777
killed a German once with his longbow**
>>
>>30181582
Spotted the gun fetishist.

If guns are so amazing at everything why do we still use bayonets?
>>
File: 1462811282708.gif (1 MB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1462811282708.gif
1 MB, 380x380
>>30181807
really tho the only people that I've seen using bayonets in modern times are sandniggers, and that's just to decapitate infidels and shit.
>>
>>30181807
>carrying a bayonet for last ditch point blank melee in addition to your rifle is the same as running around with a sword as your primary while everyone else is able to cap you from 100m away
>>
>>30181475
I think I've been on /k/ too long, this has to be the 100th thread I've seen about ol' Jack- it shocks me that there are people who still don't know about such basic things.

Also
>/K/
>FYI
>>
>is officer
>bringing a bunch of heavy unnecessary shit to a war zone
>definitely made some poor private carry that shit when he wasn't posing for a photo op
>>
File: team k.jpg (2 MB, 2353x1266) Image search: [Google]
team k.jpg
2 MB, 2353x1266
>>
>>30181913
Brit bayonet charges
>>
>>30181475
>training_exercise.jpg
>>
>>30181943
why is there a swede in winter gear there?
>>
>>30181913
God I love this for no reason
>F=MA: The gif
>>
>>30182044
That's Simo Hayha. The third leg of Team /K/.
>>
>>30181807
'we' really don't
>>
>>30182274
it's not
it's a swedish volunteer in the winter war, look it up
not even simo's rifle
>>
>>30182274
that's not Simo.
>>
>>30181807
>"we"
>>
>>30181475
When will this bagpipe meme die.
It sounds like shit
>>
File: A Doctor and a Lawyer.jpg (106 KB, 554x598) Image search: [Google]
A Doctor and a Lawyer.jpg
106 KB, 554x598
Found this image in an old book about half-tracks.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.