[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I get a Gun as a Brit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (13 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
13 KB, 1280x640
What are my gun rights?
>>
File: 1459872328109.jpg (247 KB, 1200x877) Image search: [Google]
1459872328109.jpg
247 KB, 1200x877
>>30177709
>>
>>30177714
Seriously? Fucking sweet. How can I get a license?
>>
File: No, no guns allowed in England.jpg (672 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
No, no guns allowed in England.jpg
672 KB, 1296x968
>>30177733

Easy. You apply for the licence, go through the checks and if you pass you buy the legal firearm(s) of your choice.

https://www.gov.uk/shotgun-and-firearm-certificates

Pic related, it's a few of mine.
>>
Move to a country with better gun laws. Like fuck even here in canada it's better lmao
>>
>>30177758
Don't they have to be members of a rooty-tooty club?
>>
>>30177781
nope.

You just need to give a justification for each weapon.

tactical events, target shooting, pest control, hunting, clays, historical collection are all pretty safe justifications. If you live in Northern Ireland then you can use self defence as a justification too (and you have access to semi auto handguns).

I've got a few months left till i can afford a mortgage and move into my own place. then its time to get a Saiga for clay pigeon shooting ofc.
>>
>>30177835
What counts as historical collection? Is self-defense a justification they'd accept?
>>
>>30177878
you might want to buy a rare weapon or a an old weapon, so you just say its for historical collection / preservation.

You can only justify weapons for self defence in NI because it is seen as the only place in the UK where a weapon is justified for self defence.
>>
>>30177919
I suspect older guns are quite expensive, yes?

>You can only justify weapons for self defence in NI because it is seen as the only place in the UK where a weapon is justified for self defence.

Seriously? Even after several terrorist attacks worldwide?
>>
>>30177835

>tactical events, target shooting, pest control, hunting, clays, historical collection are all pretty safe justifications.

I'm not one to just jump to calling bullshit here, but more often than not it's up to the discretion of the firearms certificate bloke (I'd think), so why couldn't they just say get an air rifle for target shooting?

Asking personally as a brit who also wants to own a gun.
>>
>>30177714
That does miss out lever-release actions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_YyUnuhFxY

While yeah I guess it is "manual action" its not even on the same level as straight-pull
>>
>>30177996
>but more often than not it's up to the discretion of the firearms certificate bloke

It is always at their discretion, but 99% of the time it's a non issue. it seems the other way online though because people only complain about they system when they get rejected. Usually this is because their an asspie or live in a shit area rather than because what they are requesting is unreasonable.

It's not a system about checking boxes, they are human being who will decide if you actully need the stuff you claim. If you can turn to them and say, yeah I want to go shoot a X and they recommend (gun), then thats great.

If they turn up and ask you what you require weapons for and you say "its like i said on the form" and get all cagey and protective then they will see through your autism and say no.

figure out what you want your weapons for, decide where you'll use them, then request them and let the police know what you've learned and what your plans are. being open and honest is the best way forward.

>>30177968
>Seriously? Even after several terrorist attacks worldwide?

How old are you?
>>
>>30177709
>What are my gun rights?
None. They were thrown in the trash, starting in 1927, with the death blow being dealt in 1937, when carrying a weapon for self-defense was outlawed.
>>
>>30177968
>Seriously? Even after several terrorist attacks worldwide?
Terrorist attacks aren't a new phenomenon. "Self defense" was no longer considered a justifiable cause for procuring a weapon after a law change in the mid 1930s.
>>
>>30178422
>being open and honest is the best way forward.
That cuckold attitude is what drove your firearms law into the gutter.

>How old are you?
>implying the question is in any way related to someone's age
Avery averagely intelligent person ought to question and critique your ass-backwards gun laws. Every human being has a right to defend himself/herself from those who wish to do harm.
>>
>>30177714
If you get a revolver or pistol in the UK, can you have a wood stock on it instead of that weird wirey shit?
>>
>>30178886
>If you get a revolver or pistol in the UK
Why even bother? It's nearly as long as a rifle, but much less effective at all ranges.
>>
>>30178746
>cuck meme
into the trash it goes
>>
>>30177709
Not even trolling. None. You have no rights. Anything you have to get permission from the government to do is a legal right, its a privilege.
>>
>>30178746

This isn't a discussion about what we should or should not have.

It's a discussion as to what we do have and how to get what we want legally within that system.

I have shotguns for clay pigeon shooting. It's all I wanted so I'm happy. I don't need them for self defence.
>>
>>30178746
>Avery averagely intelligent person ought to question and critique your ass-backwards gun laws. Every human being has a right to defend himself/herself from those who wish to do harm.

>still thinks the USA is safer than the UK

https://dispellingthemythukvsusguns.wordpress.com/
>>
File: 1460689233475.jpg (75 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
1460689233475.jpg
75 KB, 311x311
>>30178746

>Avery averagely intelligent person

Well, I guess that disqualifies most Americans.
>>
>>30178746

It's how it's always been buddy.

The U.K. Goverment is not going to let us have guns for a very long time indeed. There's no point kicking up a fuss about it. The best we may do is enjoy clay pigeon, trivial rabbit hunting, and being slightly jealous of the guns you Americans can enjoy.
>>
>>30177758

I severely doubt those are your guns as I took that picture years ago. The top two were mine and the bottom two were my brothers.

Don't try and pass them off as your own faggot.
>>
>>30177714
how common is 45 colt over there mr bongs?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.