[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Make one of the best rifles made this year. >Only makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Ruger-Precision-Rifle.jpg (40 KB, 1000x282) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-Precision-Rifle.jpg
40 KB, 1000x282
>Make one of the best rifles made this year.
>Only makes 8 of them a day.
>Orders are backed all the way till next year.

So Ruger, what the fuck?
>>
>>30175978
What's the name of it? And are they planning to make more or is that it?
>>
>>30176005
>file name nigger
>>
>only 8 a day

Yeah Ruger make those faster and reduce quality to get them out the door quicker! Maybe you could shut down production of all your other products to focus on this alone!
>>
They should just drop the 243, and maybe even the 308 model. I'm not going to try to get one until I can find one for sub-$1K
>>
>>30176005
Ruger Precision Rifle

They make more every day. I see them on shelves around here (Indiana) pretty often. THe Rural King by my house had like 4 of them in 243 the other day. The 308s sell out fast though.
>>
I saw the Gen.1 version at my Dick's Sporting Good's here in NY. I was surprised.
>>
File: drooling lesbian.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
drooling lesbian.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
Mother fucking Jewgar always after my shecks.
>>
Why does the .308 have a short barrel? Are they trying to limit this guns potential?
>>
>>30176666
>They should just drop the 243
They did on the new enhanced model.
>>
>>30177157
Leave it to Ruger bean counters to drop the best bore size for reloaders.
>>
>>30176666

As much as I love .243 you're probably right.

Really they should make a long action model that's priced as competitively as their current models.
>>
>>30175978
What I want to know is, why aren't they centering it on 6.5 creedmoor?

And I feel like they could make a killing if they had a .338 lapua version of it that didn't cost $3-5k
>>
>>30177782
because 6mm is better for PRS
>>
>>30177782
Ballistics for cost as well as recoil. How many people are going to be consistently shooting at distances where the 338LM is justified (cost and recoil) over a 6.5CM

>>30177157
Oh, huh. Well I hope it translates into more 6.5/.308

>>30177651
What's the barrel life on those?
>>
I have one. Quite enjoyable to shoot in 6.5CM.
>>
>>30178009
I would own this with the intention of shooting UN soldiers come November when Trump beats Hilary and Obama declares martial law. So I would want to keep my distance options open.
>>
>>30175978
Nothing unusual for a good weapon maker
>>
>>30175978
I dunno what you're talking about. My local shop has like 8 or 9 of 'em.
>>
>>30176638
OR MAYBE THEY COULD JUST INVEST MORE IN MANUFACTURING FACILITIES?
>>
>>30175978
>start rushing production
>quality suffers
There's a reason they don't make them in huge numbers
>>
>>30178436
Are you too retarded to know how big their facilities already are, or how supply and demand works?

The rifles are selling like a motherfucker, just like the SR1911 did. If you can't find one it's not their fault, it's everyone who beat you to the purchase
>>
>>30177022
Because most people who shoot over 1k would just opt for the 6.5 creed. The .308 is making the best of both velocity and weight/manuverability. shorter barrel dosent mean the gun is any less accurate at distance either, just that you'll have a few fps less velocity.
>>30178436
It's not even the facilities to make the rifle that are the problem, it's finding the right staff. You can't have any joe blow just walk onto the line and make a precision rifle, it takes someone that knows what they're doing, someone that's been making rifles so long they can just feel that something isn't right.
This is what speperates other companies from the likes of Remington's "get fined if you stop the line" style.

>didn't your grandma ever tell you you've gotta wait for something good
>>
File: IMG_6292.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6292.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30175978
I had no problem getting mine anon, just kinda hard to find anywhere good to shoot it.
>>
we asked the Ruger rep at IWA 2016 why they are not sending any rifles towards Europe

answer was because they only produce on order and apparently all the importers and stocking dealers aren't ordering enough because they are dumb as a walnut

so, Ruger sells them like hotcakes but they still don't make enough because they dont like money
>>
>>30178654
That's why I love living1.5 to 2 hrs from the CMP in Talladega
>>
>>30175978
I literally just bought one. It's getting delivered to my FFL tomorrow.
>>
>>30177828
Thats not true. 6.5 and 6mm are running abiut the same. The too of the top are tending toward 6mm right now but if you look at the actualy ballistics, THEORETICALLY 6.5 lands more rounds on target.
>>
>>30175978
It's actually not a bad idea. The precision shooting market isn't as huge as something like the ar market. They're probably opening up the market a bit with how cheap this rifle is compared to what it offers, but still the high demand will only last for so long. There's no reason to spend a ton investing in new space, new equipment, and training new workers just to shut it all down in a couple years when this initial surge in demand dies down. They can just ride it out since people are not choosing something else instead, they are backed up until next year. It's not like people can just buy a S&W Precision Rifle instead. Plus the all the news of the shortage is just more publicity and makes it seem that much better since everyone wants one. It's the same reason Apple never has enough iphones whenever a new one is released.
>>
>>30176684
Also Point Blank in Greenwood has them in stock
>>
>>30177782
You are so fucking stupid literall kill yourself dumb faggot retard
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.