[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the urge to set up defensive fortifications /k/. what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: GW-trenches-001.jpg (129 KB, 626x640) Image search: [Google]
GW-trenches-001.jpg
129 KB, 626x640
I have the urge to set up defensive fortifications /k/.

what's the best vidya game for trench digging/bunker building?
>>
>>30174933
What?
>>
>>30174940

Simple question dude.
>>
>>30174933
fallout 4 can be decent with modding and mods to trigger massive raids on your settlements, unless you were looking for an actual strategy game

not really weapons related but fuck it, 3am on a saturday
>>
I've played pretty much every RTS under the sun. There are a few that come to mind.

>blitzkrieg

Not particularly useful or even useable in most missions, but the mechanics are quite good. Engineers can dig trench lines, place mines, and build anti-tank obstacles.

>company of heroes

Pretty fun mix. Slit trenches, sandbag walls, concertina wire, czech hedgehogs, dragon's teeth, concrete bunkers, emplaced MGs. On a heavily urbanized map, or one with destructible bridges, you can fortify choke points like a fucking mad man. I recommend the Blitzkrieg mod since it significantly expands your options.

>stronghold

Not really what you're after, but still a really fun castle sim with walls and moats and shit.

>men of war

Not much in the way of building, but still very fun defensive gameplay due to the engine. Units have to draw LOS to fire on a target, and every single unit is manually controllable. Using a high calibre AT gun to fire through a wreck and hit the running gear of a tank behind it, having one guy with a panzerfaust firing from a window on to the roof of a tank below, all fun as fuck.
>>
>>30174933
These are bad trenches
>>
>>30174933

Leave it to the cadians to fuck up trenches. Fucking purple eyed savages.
>>
Bloons
>>
>>30174998
>AT rifle team on the second floor of a building
>desperately firing round after round in to the roof of a churchill whilst the assistant gunner is tossing AT grenades out of the window
>churchill loses half of its crew but keeps on running and ends up plowing through the house, collapsing the building and killing the ~20 guys inside
>as the dust settles there's ONE GUY with a mosin and a molotov cocktail still standing in the wreckage as the churchill continues to plow forward hosing down the entire defensive line
>direct control, equip molotov, sprint to the rear of the tank
>teammate's ZiS-2 lands a lucky shot on the turret ring which detonates the stowage rack, blowing the brave efreitor in to the sun

I should reinstall Assault Squad. I hate to use the term, but it has a lot of cinematic moments.
>>
>>30175056
I've actually managed to direct control a 37mm projectile down the barrel of a Sturmtiger before, detonating the shell in the breech. One hell of an explosion.
>>
If you have a few friends to play with Squad is god tier for this, the game overall is pretry unpolished but taking some mudhut compound and using hesco/sandbags/barbed wire/m2 positions to turn it into a inpregnable haji destroying fortress is fun as fuck
>>
Just go outside and start digging trenches and building sandbag walls until your desires subside
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 190x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 190x234
>>30174950
Fallout 4's settlement system with the homemaker mod or whatever, just adding 1,000 new parts. Building a bunker, fortifications, and defenses is made easy by the new system. Recruit some settlers, get a mod that improves them, and blast the fuck outta some mutants or raiders.
>>
File: Text_a17943_5848781.jpg (75 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
Text_a17943_5848781.jpg
75 KB, 601x500
I am interested
Any that are cheap or free? im poor as fuck nigga
>>
>>30177624
Bump for us poorfags
>>
File: 1457132085427.jpg (184 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
1457132085427.jpg
184 KB, 601x500
>>30178029
fanks tham
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>30174933
farcry 2 had some excellent map building tools. It's been a long time though so good luck finding anyone to play with. the sequels might have it but idk.
>>
>>30174933
Just get a box with some sand, water and rocks?
>>
File: Text_e27fab_5848781.jpg (79 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
Text_e27fab_5848781.jpg
79 KB, 601x500
>>30178555
yh fair play actually
i'm gonna be a man and just fucking build a fucking trench
fuck all you nerds
will post pics
>>
>>30178595
put green and tan army men in it. Post pics.
>>
>>30174933
My dad made me chop some wood the other day, I turned the chopped would into a defense trench I can hide behind and sleep behind for the lols.
>>
File: Text_d0470c_5848781.jpg (77 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
Text_d0470c_5848781.jpg
77 KB, 601x500
>>30178616
Bonus points is if i work through the night i will have defenses against the mud slime invasion tomorrow
Sieg Heil brethren
>>
>>30178419
aww rampart, so much fun was had
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.