[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I come to you in search of knowledge, /k/. The fuck is this thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: dmB4HUb.jpg (671 KB, 2016x1512) Image search: [Google]
dmB4HUb.jpg
671 KB, 2016x1512
I come to you in search of knowledge, /k/. The fuck is this thing? So far I've narrowed it down to "probably not a missile."
>>
>>30174725
looks like a camera system
>>
>>30174725
Looks like it has a camera window in the nose, and tailfins.
How does that point to "not a missile?"

I guess it could be an experimental high-speed rail mockup...
>>
>>30174740
The downward-facing camera unit suggests some kind of recon device.
>>30174734
I was thinking camera pod of some kind too, but those usually have multi-axis gimbals, and fins suggests it's something that needs stabilizing.
>>
desu it looks like it's supposed to be underwater rather than in the air with that crazy thick hatch (?) near the tail end
>>
>>30174767
That's not a hatch, those look like mounting points to attach it to some kind of pylon.
>>
>>30174767
As far as anybody on Reddit has been able to tell, that's a universal mount lug for aircraft weapons systems, like you see on this JDAM.
>>
>>30174740
Hm, it doesn't look like it's facing downward, just at a slight angle to me...

Also, please tell me this is as it looks, and is just sitting in someone's backyard.
>>
>>30174828
Yup. Front lawn of a guy's house, apparently. And I didn't mean the forward sensor, the bulge partway back makes me think of a lens like a Sniper pod, looking downwards.
>>
Probably some model of early FLIR pod.
>>
File: SNIPER-POD.jpg (505 KB, 1700x2100) Image search: [Google]
SNIPER-POD.jpg
505 KB, 1700x2100
>>30174725
it looks like a targeting pod or 'sniper pod' to be used on air craft.

Here is an exsample
>>
File: what3.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
what3.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>30174725
>Camera missile

The cold war was one hell of a drug.
>>
File: 1.5-mil-hours-Topkek.png (39 KB, 647x261) Image search: [Google]
1.5-mil-hours-Topkek.png
39 KB, 647x261
>>30174725
its some old knock off flir pod. probably 1960-90.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.