[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you shoot a 22 pistol?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8
File: MK-III-Hunt-rt.jpg (81 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
MK-III-Hunt-rt.jpg
81 KB, 900x675
Do you guys think the .22 pistol is good for breathing/technique/target practice? I noticed when I haven't shot in a while, my technique gets really bad. Then I spend like 50 bucks on ammo to get to where I was. I was thinking of picking up a 22 pistol to warm up with at the range.
>>
Yes definitely, I shoot my Buckmark all the time for fundamental practice. Furthermore I learned even more shooting my walmart co2 pistol. That's how I learned to shoot with both eyes open.
>>
I have a really bad habit flinching if I haven't been shooting in a while. And I will spend 50 bucks on ammo just to get relaxed again. So I think I will go ahead and get a good 22 pistol. Any suggestions?
>>
File: buck-mark-bag-2.gif (418 KB, 799x606) Image search: [Google]
buck-mark-bag-2.gif
418 KB, 799x606
This is what I am probably going to buy. The Browning Buck in green. Good price for me.
>>
File: regur.jpg (515 KB, 2009x1237) Image search: [Google]
regur.jpg
515 KB, 2009x1237
I have to say I really like my Ruger.
>>
what do you all think of the pmr-30?
>>
>>30173929
What barrel is that?
>>
>>30173859
>>30173754

Just bought a Browning Buck Mark Hunter. First session I shot a few hundred rounds and improved noticeably from start to finish. I think practicing with it is going to push my pistol shooting to a much higher level.

1. No recoil fatigue. With centerfire I have to watch myself not to flinch and eventually the muzzle blast gets to me and my shooting gets worse rather than better.

2. I can practice with hundreds of rounds in a session.

3. The gun's accuracy is basically perfect--any inaccuracy is guaranteed to be me and it's easier to catch errors.

3. Great adjustable sights, plus a rail so I can try out a scope or red-dot sometime.

Even on the first session, the Buckmark didn't malfunction in any way with cheap Thunderbolts and Aquila.

I think it's a great idea to get a target .22 for practicing technique. Just make sure you like the grip and the sights, and consider getting one with an integrated rail if you think you might want to experiment with optics.
>>
>>30174040

>lelkek

No.
>>
I have a Beretta U22 Neos and I'm not particularly fond of the grip angle.

A Ruger 22/45 is a solid option that's easy to recommend.
>>
>>30173754
Do it OP .22lr pistol will always be fun and cheap traning

>Hämmerli Xesse
>>
File: beretta87te.jpg (48 KB, 800x471) Image search: [Google]
beretta87te.jpg
48 KB, 800x471
My Beretta 87 Target is one of my favorite pistols to shoot.

I hate all the pot metal inaccurate .22LR pistols. Stuff like the P22 & Mosquito.

But accurate & reliable .22LRs? Very enjoyable and great all around.
>>
File: 1670_2.jpg (54 KB, 800x432) Image search: [Google]
1670_2.jpg
54 KB, 800x432
You ameriniggas need proper .22s itt
>>
>>30175102
Standard heavy barrel, I just slab-sided it.
>>
File: berettanano.jpg (40 KB, 840x447) Image search: [Google]
berettanano.jpg
40 KB, 840x447
Why do so many .22lr handguns look like they have a very slight downward curve to the barrel?
>>
>>30175218
Something about the looks that Beretta 87 get me hard.

OP, you have a lot of good choices. Rugers are great - look for a Mark II if you can find one unless you really want a 22/45. Smith and Wesson just came out with a newer .22 that's supposed to be pretty good. I don't have a Buckmark but have heard good things.

Exesse is good but can be a bitch to get hold of, Sig used to call it the Trailside.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.