[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything like brass knuckles [something you can put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: 1331007638914.jpg (262 KB, 661x716) Image search: [Google]
1331007638914.jpg
262 KB, 661x716
Is there anything like brass knuckles [something you can put in your fist to make blows more effective and safer] that isn't brass knuckles? the main alternative, plastic knuckles, is also banned in many jurisdictions.

I don't want to carry something that will get me arrested if i get shaken down. i couldnt think of any normal household items.
>>
File: IMG_0405.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0405.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
blamp
>>
I've heard carabiners work but I'd bet most cops would know what you're really carrying them for if they shook you down.
>>
>>30173579
i saw those suggested somewhere, but someone else said they'd fuck up your hands. never tried them so not really sure.

i think all these weapon-carrying laws are horseshit. they dont want you to shoot someone defending yourself, but they dont want you carrying anything else either. i guess pepper spray is pretty much the only thing thats mostly legal everywhere.
>>
>>30173368
I believe there are gloves designed to spread the shock of the punch over head for knock outs, kinda like blackjack. The name eludes me, but it might be what you need.
>>
>>30173648
gloves with weights in them?
>>
File: 1353296631854.jpg (23 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
1353296631854.jpg
23 KB, 500x414
>>30173660

"SAP gloves are a self defense weapon which helps to improve your punching power and also protects your wrist and forearm. Almost similar to the effectiveness of brass knuckles, these weighted knuckle gloves reinforce your fist with steel shot inside the knuckle area. They are an ordinary looking glove that you can wear casually in plain sight without causing suspicion, but secretly have eight ounces of steel shot sewn into the top of the hand and knuckles. Only at Weapons Universe can you find such a big selection, with a variety of different sizes and styles, including standard, fingerless, tactical, and kevlar sap gloves, all with guaranteed lowest prices, not to mention we are one of the few companies that offer a medium size sap glove, which is hard to find."

http://www.weapons-universe.com/sap-gloves.htm

wonder how that feels to punch someone with steel shot in your knuckles...
>>
>>30173368

Lighter, roll of coins, sock w/coins, riggers belt, retractable steel wire lanyard, 2-4 inconspicuously sharpened keys.

If you have to ask about this kind of thing on /k/, you live in a place that youll never need them.

>>30173579
carabiners will hurt you just as much as the other guy.
>>
>>30173719
im from a middle class background, but i have to work in really bad areas. i get hassled by bums and thugs but nothing bad has happened yet. i carry a pistol, but the other day i got into a physical altercation with a mental/retarded guy. sometimes i think it would be better to try beating them up to pulling a gun. so thats why im asking. i know the police would prefer i call them or run away, but i dont see that as viable
>>
i saw on an edc post some time ago an injected piece of plastic like a brass knucke that concentrate the impact area of your punch in a point between your index and you middle finger, the poster was a britbong hence the lack of other means of defense, iirc he said that since the piece of plastic was designed to harm it would cause him problems if he was caught with it, the name was something like sting can't get it right at the time seemed pretty cool tho
>>
>>30173368
A tiny coin purse? There are people who make "coin purses" that double as saps.
>>
>>30173771
or just get a tiny can of pepper spray, because honestly if you have no idea how to fight, going to contact distance is way riskier than is necessary.
>>
>>30173719
Roll of coins for the win.

Got accused of hustling in a pool hall once and hit one of the guys with a roll of quarters in my fist.
However if you're a manlet, pennies or nickels will do the job just fine
>>
>>30173918
thanks ill check that forum

>>30173941
i hadnt thought of that at all, thats a good idea

>>30173955
i understand.
>>
>>30173771
this is back assward thinking. don't get into fights. You are going to end up dying or in prison
>>
File: coinsap.png (661 KB, 1122x649) Image search: [Google]
coinsap.png
661 KB, 1122x649
>>30173941
>>30173918
>>30173980

this was on edc forum, looks pretty good. he said it was 50 quarters. thats like 2/3 of a lb. i think i found my winner.
>>
>>30174052
cool, i'll send you a postcard from the grave

just plain sick of people fucking, honestly
>>
>>30174067
fucking with me*
>>
So, the answer is...

Anything that you get to use as a weapon is a weapon. Its just probably going to be a shitty weapon and you're probably going to suck at using it.

If you use a weapon and you don't have the appropriate legal justification, you're fucked.

If you use a weapon and suck at it, you're fucked.

Use that gelatinous grey mass between your ears and figure out how to avoid conflict instead of how you, as an untrained person, can beat up hobos with a keychain.
>>
>>30174099
whats your cell phone number, ill just call you next time i get in a jam and get specific advice
>>
Ive seen people just use a key jammed between one of there fingers between the knuckles. I guess it would help putting some rubber at the end of it for better grip and safety when its clenched
>>
>>30174117

Seriously. Stop being retarded and trying to figure out pretend weapons. They're still weapons with the same legal issues once you use them. They just don't work well.

But call me, we can work through it.
>>
>>30173368
This image perfectly describes /k/ discussing martial arts.
>>
There's some kind of double knuckle alternative made of steel that technically doesn't count as brass knuckles but for the life of me I can't remember what they're called.
>>
>>30173368
The "Philly Special"- a sock full of D batteries. Swing like a flail, or chuck individual ones like rocks. Works great against niggers and Giants fans
>>
>>30175241
because most people carry around socks full of D batteries and they're very concealable. brilliant.
>>
>>30173368
Open palm techniques.

Trust me it works.
>>
>>30173368
If you clench a piece of lead pipe in your fist, your punches will land harder. For maximum effect, pack it full of black powder, seal it off at both ends, and light the fuse before you swing.
>>
>>30173368
Lighter in each hand, fists as tight as you can, step forward into the punch, aim for the side of the jaw.

Quick, easy, concealed, innocuous if frisked, and can put some firepower in your hit if youre a little bitch like me.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-05+at+04.12.51).jpg (105 KB, 430x615) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-05+at+04.12.51).jpg
105 KB, 430x615
>not carrying a combination lock for when you go to the gym
>decent single ring knuckle to redirect punching force into a hardened steel shackle and then your palm
>snap it on on a chain or steel security cable that you use to lock your bag to a fixture on occasion
>you now have a decent flail

If you want to go over the top...

Key lanyard or key leash, preferably leather

Add a fuckton of spare keys, discarded keys, swap meet reject keys, ask a locksmith for trash keys for an art project, etc

Weave them onto the keyring, alternating the sharp bits back and forth to maximize coverage.

When you have a mass of keys the size of a large egg to a tennis ball, you're in business. Pic related.

Hold the lanyard with about 10cm of slack between fist and key ball. Too much and it's easy to miss or lose momentum, too little and it won't pick up enough momentum. Experiment to see how much hits the hardest and is easiest to use for you.

A good swing will rake the keys across the face and forehead and unleash a decent torrent of blood. If you're lucky you can gouge out eyes or give them a concussion if the key ball smacks them in the head.
>>
Don't bother with trying a botchy attempt at armoured fists.
Learn a martial art, so you know how to punch safely and effectively, and a bunch of other things.
>>
File: klout-coin-sap.jpg (55 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
klout-coin-sap.jpg
55 KB, 450x600
>>30173941
http://www.greenmanleather.ca/jack-saps.php

These people sell some nice coin purses.
>>
>>30175876
>swap meet reject keys

>>
>>30173368
Roll of pennys
>>
>>30174067
>nononsenseselfdefense.com/

Read and heed, your solutions are inside, from a man who grew up immersed in street violence and earning the name "Animal".
>>
Learn to punch.

If that doesn't work, learn to walk away.
>>
>>30176386
>THE ANIMAL
>a fat no name karate black belt who pretends he's been in hundreds of unverifiable street fights

Sounds like the kind of guy I'd take advice from.
>>
>>30173719
>roll of coins
This. A roll of quarters is better than brass knuckles since you can carry a roll of quarters ANYWHERE, and police would be pretty hard pressed to come up with a reason to take a roll of quarters away from you.
>>
>>30173368
a pipebomb
>>
>>30174184
>not posting 867-5309
You had one job to do
>>
File: Plain Round 20g-1.jpg (56 KB, 690x680) Image search: [Google]
Plain Round 20g-1.jpg
56 KB, 690x680
Something like the Kara- a steel bracelet that the Sikhs wear. It doubles as brass knuckles- just slide it down into your hand and punch with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_%28Sikhism%29

I doubt the cops would arrest you for wearing jewelry.
>>
>>30173697
it's not as good as people would expect. If your fist isn't formed properly then the shot will also serve to harm you just as much as the other guy.

when one actually looks they'll hear one phrase from just about everyone. It all comes down to basics.
>>
>>30176311
Typed it up at balls o clock and was pretty drunk, there's usually a guy getting rid of locks with keys at my swap meet, I buy a couple of them for fucking around and keep the keys.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.