[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tallahassee Police Department had a "gun buy back"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160604_201927.jpg (483 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_201927.jpg
483 KB, 1080x1080
Tallahassee Police Department had a "gun buy back" event today at the station. From 4 til 8PM, they were offering $25 Wal Mart gift cards for your guns, no questions asked. A few good citizens did their part to help clean up the streets by handing over hot Bersas and shitty rusted out break action shotguns and .22s. Having heard of this yesterday, I had little time to prepare for what could be a very lucrative opportunity.

Not wishing to cause trouble, I spoke with the good people of the Tallahassee Police Department and announced a similar intention, likening it to potentially dangerous dogs that needed a new home, and that I was willing to take care of them instead of seeing any destroyed. Diligently, and with the iron will of a toddler, I took up a position across the street with a hastily made sign and a simple offer: cash or gold.

Though my efforts yielded no purchase, I did consider it a small victory nonetheless, as my presence was tolerated by the dozens of officers, activists and TV reporters. A stolen .380 would be interesting if my lifestyle was a little different, but it's not worth the liability. Still, it was an interesting experience and hopefully I prompted some people to think.
>>
>$25 Walmart gift card
Until the government decides to pay full retail price in their gun buy back, no thank you.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 167x186) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 167x186
From my cold dead hands.
>>
>>30171765
Seriously. That's it?!

What a waste of time
>>
>>30171722
>not just walking up and offering $50 for whatever catches your eye
>>
LOL look at the lettering on that sign
>>
what would happen if OP bought a murder weapon?

what if the police bought a murder weapon and destroyed it on accident?
>shoot a nigga
>sell gat to police
>use money to buy some celebration malt
>meanwhile some hipster melts the evidence down into a lawn chair or some shit
>>
>>30171765
>not making a dozen liberator-type single shots for a couple bucks each and getting x10+ return
>>
>>30171722
Does this mean walmart wants to disarm us for cheap chinese produced goods?
>>
>>30171899
Fire up that 3d printer anon.
>>
>>30171722
So, you're sitting out in front of somewhere that you KNOW criminals will be with guns, advertising that you currently have gold on you? One, of witch, could easily cross the street, rob you, return to the other side, turn in the gun he just used to shoot and rob you (no questions asked), and the evidence would be gone forever.
>>
>>30171947
that would take way more time, not profitable
>>
>>30171913
It means that's all wal-mart was willing to donate.
>>
File: IMG_20160604_212046.jpg (108 KB, 540x611) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_212046.jpg
108 KB, 540x611
>>30171836
I did that. All I heard was bullshit. They did tell me they knew better than to let someone dump a collectible, and claimed they'd recommend that someone sell it to a collector or store. A truck from the local indoor shooting range pulled up. Since they're FFL, I think they might have been given the opportunity to cherry pick. Pic related, looks like mostly junk.
>>
>>30171970
I was in front of the police department with a dozen cops outside and in plain view. Wasn't worried.
>>
>>30171996
That's a ruger Blackhawk in the upper right of the bin isn't it?
>>
>>30172035
Might have been. That would have been my pick. Likely stolen in this case. The rest look like Jiminez and old .22s. They don't take them out back right away and melt them, they run the serials and ballistics and see if anything matches up beforehand.
>>
>>30172035
No, you're just high

I'm on my phone, and know that's not a blackhawk

Or are you just trying to be ironic
>>
>>30171722
>$25 Wal-Mart gift card

What the fuck????? Even the shittiest functioning gun would get you $100 in a private sale.
Florida doesnt have any kind of registry either so just drive an hour and sell it if the guns hot.

Was everyone trading in guns stupid cunts and niggers?
>>
File: ruger-blackhawk-rs-log-4649.jpg (689 KB, 1500x849) Image search: [Google]
ruger-blackhawk-rs-log-4649.jpg
689 KB, 1500x849
>>30172068
Pic related
>>
>>30172068
>No citations

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>30172068
I think he means SR45. The all black one.
>>
>>30172099
That's a blackhawk
>>30172089
Dick
>>
>>30172089
>Airsoft

The adults are talking bucko
>>
>>30172035
probably a rossi or something shittier. still worth 60-90ish used. super shitty revolvers don't have underlugs

>>30172089
you're retarded

>>30172084
>state capital
>collected literally a handful of niggergats
what do you think. my guess is a few nigs but most of them were "seeded" like when you put money in your own tip jar to make people think people are tipping and you should to. OP could confirm basic demographics.
>>
>>30171722
>advertised your wealth to a bunch of niggers throwing away their heaters and shut-in soccermoms selling their husbands' and fathers' tools
>didn't get one bite
>considers everything a success because the cops didn't say "NO"
dumbass, they would have no right to prevent you from buying those guns anyway. had you been a little more proactive, you probably would have been able to pick up a few gems from idiots who didn't know what they had.

first off, it's hard to tell from the collage but you appear to be a little upstream of the buyback; why are you on the side of the road that has 0 cars? You should be on the right side of the road, in a spot where people can see you and pull into the gas station to make an exchange.

second, your sitting on your fat ass with just a sign? those people think you are a panhandler, dumbass. get up and let people know your intention to offer them a better deal than the cops can.

third, a simpler cleaner sign would benefit; at a glance the drivers are probably seeing "CASH OR GOLD BUY OUT" Something simpler like "CASH FOR YOUR GUNS" would catch someone's eye quicker and they might be more likely to stop by to see what's up. Once you are having a conversation then you can offer the gold during your negotiations should you find the need.

fourth, once again you don't need a cop's permission to buy guns in a private transaction

fifth, you were a failure. An utter and total failure. Not only did you not score any great deals for yourself with a no-brainer of an idea but, becuase you couldn't convince anyone to sell to you, you didn't manage to save a single firearm. what if some bitch turned in her father's 1911 from WWII? you missed out on that shit

to conclude, you could have won out big today but, because of your own ineptitude, you successfully wasted your own time and let potential treasures go to the crusher
>>
>>30172084
All the people that I saw show up -- and there weren't many -- were naïve Subaru driving wine sipping bisexual coexisters with Grandpa's old shotgun, nigger moms in busted new model cars that found guns in their son's room while he's off serving time, and some city slickers in a clean stock pickup truck that had what looked to be a bolt action .22. All completely oblivious.
>>
>>30171996
seeing this just made me think of the brit police doing weapon sweeps and shit.
>>
>>30172143
>florida
>gun buybacks
no one is handing over their granpappies 1911 in the gunshine state. No one cares that some brycos get melted, but ironically I would have picked up that phoenix hp22 target as a dirt cheap plinker for $25 cash.

see >>30172163
>>
>>30172171
Oi senpai, you laugh but me mum was killed by a sod with a bike wheel, tyre and all.
>>
>>30172143
Like I said, there was nothing. It's a one way street and they hollered at me to move back to private property when I was too close to their event. Sign initially didn't have the word "gun" as I wasn't sure of the ramifications, and it was sloppy, big deal. Behind me was a parking lot to the left, or entrance to the station to the right. Next time one of these is announced, I'll be better prepared. I cannot underscore enough that there were only three cars total to pull up while I was there, in addition to what was missed while I was at work while this was starting.
>>
>>30172183
>granpappie's 1911
maybe not in this one but it has happened. also, is any of these >>30172163 didn't sound like a good buy for $25-30 then you have little sense
>>
>>30172264
>wasting money on garbage just because they're guns
>having good sense
choose one

the capital represented in $25 american (because you can't buy weed with a walmart gift card) it'd take to purchase a generic saturday night special at this gun buyback is worth more than the gun. Barring neat/salvageable shit like bolt action shotguns, remington nylon 66's, 10-22's, bersa pistols, and anything not made in the ring of fire.
>>
>>30172214
kek
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.