[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me, or is the Rk95 basically kebab?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: FinKebab.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FinKebab.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
Is it just me, or is the Rk95 basically kebab?
>>
>>30168934

Nope - it'a rifle, not food.

BTW: That's production series 1 Sako 92S in that photo, not 7.62 RK 95 TP - rifle butt is not folding and no full-auto setting notch on side of receiver.
>>
>>30168934
Just WTF do you think "kebab" means?
>>
>>30171506
This. What the fuck?
>>
File: 6151.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
6151.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>30171506
Ivan is ashamed
>>
>>30168934
It's Finnish, not Turkish
>>
File: 0_aa74c_88bf79bb_XL.jpg (110 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
0_aa74c_88bf79bb_XL.jpg
110 KB, 800x537
>>30168934
It's designed to remove goulash.
>>
>>30168934
Kebab can refer to Islam, radicalized groups like ISIS, and Turks. How new are you? I used to think it was a generic term for something undesirable when I was a newfag.
>>
remove newfag
>>
>>30168934
>Is the rk95 basically kebab
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>30171506

Generally and how the term is used in forum - yes. But it is not very difficult to find any connection in between 7.62 RK 95 TP and kebab.

Finnish Defense Forces is the only user for this assault rifle and at the moment there are no Finnish troops removing kebab anywhere. Finnish military participation in Afghanistan as part of ISAF ended year 2014. At the moment only military mission Finnish military has going on in the region is with small number of soldiers in nothern Iraq, which are there to train Peshmerga, not to take part in combat operations.
>>
>>30173770
Kurd doesn't count as kebab
>>
>>30173770
Nice mental gymnastics.
>>
File: 1455162922918.jpg (134 KB, 500x880) Image search: [Google]
1455162922918.jpg
134 KB, 500x880
>>30168934
>>30173770

>Finnish defense forces stopped fighting in Afghanistan 2 years ago. Therefore, the service rifle that they adopted 21 years ago has the characteristics of Islam. Get it guys?

>Get it?
>>
>>30173770
>>30174837
FDF is, like the name states, a defense forces. Finns do not deploy their forces to foreign countries for any other purpose than peace-keeping and re-building / training purposes.

Anyway, this thread is idiotic.
>>
>>30173770

Typo, should be: "Generally and how the term is used in forum - yes. But it is very difficult to find any connection in between 7.62 RK 95 TP and kebab."
>>
>>30168934
>>30173770
>>30177244

The term "remove kebab" means to kill muslims. Therefore "kebab" is a slang term for muslims, or towelheads, or moose limbs, or sand niggers.

I, however, get the distinct impression that is not what you meant by "kebab", OP. So I ask again, exactly what did you intend the word "kebab" to mean?
>>
OP here, by kebab, i mean it's basically a kalashnikov.
it took you faggots to make me realize my retardation
>>
>>30178636
Yes, it is pretty close to AK47. Few changes here and there, and not too much parts commonality, but in spirit it is a 'refined' AK47.

It is probably the highest quality production AK ever issued to a military force. This doesn't make it a great primary assault rifle, as it has some peculiar quirks that make manufacturing expensive and it lack chromed barrel etc, but it is a good rifle never the less. As a range rifle it is probably the best AK there is.

The civilian version M92S is way over priced for what it is. It's good, but not ~2000€ good. They're becoming collectors pieces, though. And for a Finn the RK rifles will always have some cool factor.
>>
>>30178780
>lack chromed barrel
Not really a con. Higher accuracy at the expense of corrosion resistance.
>>
>>30178780
>best AK
That's a funny way to spell Galil.
>>
>>30180296
Galil is just a 5.56 RK when it really comes down to it.
>>
>>30180296
Oy vey!
>>
>>30180256
It is, though. Especially in a primary assault rifle.

RKs were made needlessly accurate. Sub-MOA isn't that important in a firearm like this. Especially with the 762x39 caliber; sub-MOA benefits you a lot only at ranges past 600m or so, and 762x39 is pretty shit and loses its accuracy around that mark.
Having a longer barrel life and such is far better for a military rifle.
>>
>>30180455

RK barrels have a very respectable barrel life, though, so the only thing you'd really get out of chrome lining is corrosion resistance. With dutiful cleaning, that won't be a problem.

If I have to pick between a more accurate rifle and a more corrosion resistant one, I'll pick the more accurate rifle any day. The difference may be slight, but that matters a whole lot more than chrome lining.
>>
>>30180589
>If I have to pick between a more accurate rifle and a more corrosion resistant one, I'll pick the more accurate rifle any day.
Even a slight lapse in maintenance will negate any accuracy advantage. Even then, like that other poster said, corrosion resistance is much more important for a service rifle than accuracy. There's a reason why nearly every military doesn't issue sub-moa rifles to infantry: because it just doesn't matter.
>>
>>30178780
>muh chromed barrel meme

>>30180455
>muh needlessly accurate

getaloadofthisguy.jpg
>>
>>30171551
p-please anon, don't remove hungols
>>
>>30180640
When you are done with meme'ing, please do join the conversation with something of value.
>>
>>30180637
>Even a slight lapse in maintenance will negate any accuracy advantage

A 'slight lapse in maintenance' will not ruin a barrel if you aren't shooting corrosive ammo. Do you even own guns?

>There's a reason why nearly every military doesn't issue sub-moa rifles to infantry: because it just doesn't matter.

The reason why most militaries don't issue sub-moa rifles is because they have vastly different doctrines. For the Swiss and Finns, a quality rifle that is capable of putting down accurate fire is important. For the burgers for example, it's far more important to hit the deck and whine for CAS, which can be easily done even with a rifle of 10 MOA.
>>
>>30180697
Water can fuck the barrel up, especially seawater.
There is no reason to to use chrome.

And as said, the difference between ~1MOA and ~2MOA doesn't matter with the range 762x39 is capable of providing. Doctrine matters not, as inside the effective range of the cartridge pretty much any military assault rifle would be sufficient.
>>
>>30180792
>not to use
That's what I meant
>>
>>30180792

1 moa can easily mean the difference between a hit and a miss at ranges of 200-300m, which 7.62x39 is more than capable of handling, and that matters a lot when you can't just drop bombs on a problem. So yeah, accuracy matters a lot more than chome lining, which doesn't do anything as long as you clean the rifle once a week and not let it soak in water for a month.

Yeah sure finns have the biggest artillery in europe, but their budget is so small that I doubt they'd be able to hammer everything with indirect fire
>>
>>30180856
>1 moa can easily mean the difference between a hit and a miss at ranges of 200-300m
Considering that this is a mass issued assault rifle, I'd say this is not the case most of the time.
Sure, on the range it matters, but for 99% of the troops in the field not so much. 2MOA is very much acceptable, and actually above average for most assault rifles.

In my experience vast majority of conscripts shot around 3-5MOA with RKs in a controlled comfy environment (the range). Now would cutting 0,5-1MOA make that much of a difference? Not so much.
Individual skill matters more. And as long as the rifle has usable accuracy the individual will deliver.

Having shot myriads of reservist trainings and comps with RK95, M92S, Russian AKs that shoot 'only' 2MOA and all that fun stuff I can say that the slight difference in accuracy hardly matters in field conditions.

On the other hand, ergos and other characteristics of the guns did have a meaningful impact. Especially when the gun was used by a novice but also pros.

That is why the ARs are beating AKs in reservist shoots left and right. It's not the small difference in accuracy, it's the other characteristics of the gun. But I digress..
>>
>>30178561
This is probably his retarded train of thought
RK-95 is based on the AK-47 -> Muslim Terrorists use AK-47s -> RK-95 is kebab
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.