[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was looking on amazon for some stuff and long story short I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
I was looking on amazon for some stuff and long story short I came upon blow-dart guns. I didn't know how cheap these things were and after watching some YouTube videos they look pretty fun. Any of you have experience with blow dart guns?
also
>ITT: Cheap weapons for defense/hunting/dicking around with
>>
>>30167985
Useless without poison, even then you are better off with a bow.
>>
>defense
unless you got some fast acting poison he aint dying any time soon.

and that's if he's not wearing anything other thana light shirt.

They do look fun though.
>>
>>30167985
you could put someones eye out with that anon, they are good for small game, and birds. but why bother unless you are a full on sociopath
>>
>>30167985
I have one, fun to shoot targets with in the backyard, the CS big bore ones can be used for hunting.

However if innawoods or hunting I prefer a slingshot.
>>
>>30168038
you forgot the
>dicking around
part of the OP
If I were to buy one it would be for fun like playing darts from 40 feet away
>>
I've got a $10 one and it's pretty fun. The really thin darts won't kill anything except a fly. The heavy duty ones drop significantly after 10 yards unless you have steel lungs.

When I was younger we'd take the metal tips off of the plastic backs and just run around and shoot each other with the plastic backs. Now we play darts with them on a cork board from 10 yards.
>>
>>30168055
As long as the kill is quick and humane, how is it sociopathic? No different from a bow except you use the power of your lungs.
>>
File: 1433375931001.jpg (239 KB, 760x797) Image search: [Google]
1433375931001.jpg
239 KB, 760x797
>mfw fentanyl-dipped blowdarts

oh the possibilities are endless!!!!!!!
>>
What poisons /k/ recommends?
Any ideas on sleeping ones?
>>
Used to have one, they can be a lot of fun.

With the plastic slugs, i could hit the buttons on the TV from across the room

If you have good lungs, you can put a dart through a sheet of ply wood.
>>
Has anyone ever hooked up an air compressor to it and used like that?
Like have a cylinder of compressed air on your back kind of like a flame thrower but with an dart gun?
>>
>>30168102
>Any ideas on sleeping ones?
tl;dr don't bother with any substance to tip a dart that isn't meant to kill a target.

Without a good estimate of the mass of the target, a tranq dart is useless. Darts with too little tranquilizer will not achieve anything, too much and the target ODs and dies anyways. Just stick with poisons.
>>
>>30168166
a*
>>
>>30168168
Or acid, lots and lots of acid.
They can't mug you if they're tripping balls.
>>
>>30168031
>Useless without poison, even then you are better off with a bow.
What if he wants a silent weapon?
>>
>>30168190
>start loading darts with acid
>word gets around
>people start mugging you to get high
>>
File: frogpoisonarrowblue.jpg (42 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
frogpoisonarrowblue.jpg
42 KB, 500x385
They sell them at my local exotic pet store. . .
>>
>>30168265
The poisons are metabolized from parts of their diet in their natural habitat. The ones in captivity are harmless.
>>
Blow guns are completely illegal in California. They are all the rage for small game though.
>>
>>30168038
>Cover dart in lsd
>threat neutralizes
>>
>>30168216

>OYYY MATE GIMME A SHOOT BRUHH
>>
>>30167985

Your cheeks are gonna be sore as fuck after a few blows, anon.
That being said, they're pretty fun. I've gotten to be a pretty good shot with mine. I'd say I've gotten my $30 worth out of it.
>>
>>30168086
I like K darts too.
>>
>>30168485
Their poison comes from eating ants. Feed them fire ants for a while and there you go.
>>
>>30168515
>blow guns illegal in CA
WELL FUCK WHY DO I EVEN LIVE IN THIS STATE?
>>
>>30168688
CALIFORNIA MUST BURN!
>>
>>30168748
just take away their water
oh wait
>>
>>30168083

Killing for no other reason than to be killing is pretty fucked up.
Sure, hunting is a sport, and stalking prey and making the kill are the main draws to it, but they're still gonna eat it.
Shooting ground squirrels and other varmints also serves a purpose, it's pest control and saves a lot of time and money, and it's more humane than poison.

But if you're just killing birds and squirrels for no other reason than because they're there and you have the means, that's fucked up.
>>
>>30167985
I have one I used to play with as a kid. nit effective for hunting anything but mice.
>>
>>30168166

It works extremely well as long as you can get a good seal between the compressor's hose and the mouth piece, but you're not gonna be able to aim for shit. I don't think you'd be able to carry one around on your back though. One big enough to store enough air is gonna be way too heavy, and anything smaller like you'd use for an airbrush would run out after just a couple of blasts and it'd be a lot weaker.
>>
>>30168748
It will, it will. Give it time.
Seriously though I live in CA on the edge of a large city so my family has pasture land and orchards and we have been over run with brown squirrels and there is no silent way to shoot them. Blowguns are my best option but I'd have to drive to Idaho to get one.
>>
>>30168854
not that guy but I agree
Whenever I go about with pest control, whatever I shoot I eat or feed it to my dogs
>>
>>30168910
have you looked into those 40-80 pound pistol crossbows? shit looks like fun to have and shoot into targets all day and i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to take out a squirrel or two with but I'm not sure about the law in california regarding crossbow hunting
>>
>>30168946
Yeah I tried those but the bolts are not really durable and they are largely inaccurate. Fun as hell though.
>>
>>30169057
how about slingshots or those high powered air rifles?
Although now that I think about it, those air rifles are loud as fuck
>>
They are fun and super accurate. I could consistently put darts in the bullseye of a dartboard from across the room.
>>
>>30168515
fuking hell
even here in bongistan blowguns are legal ffs
>>
>>30168854
>not eating squirrels
>>
>>30168910
Air rifle?
>>
>tfw live in riverside county in CA
>"firearm" means a gun, pistol, rifle, air rifle or air gun, b-b gun, arrow, crossbow, or any other instrument of any kind, character or description which throws or projects a bullet or missile or substance by means of elastic force, air, or explosive substance likely to cause bodily harm

> No person may fire or discharge a firearm within the city

HOLY SHIT FUCK RIVERSIDE COUNTY AND THE STATE OF COMMIEFORNIA
I WANT OUT

W
A
N
T

O
U
T
>it's illegal to play with a slingshot in your backyard or practice your archery at home
FUCK IT ALL
>>
>>30169468
Dude...no one is going to call the cops just because you use a blowgun in your backyard.
>>
>>30169502
I've been reported for having a fire in my backyard before after it rained and there were no fire warnings out. The fire department still had to come out and tell me to "keep the fire down because it's making people nervous" and it wasn't even a big fire, just your normal backyard fire
I've got some shitty neighbors
>>
>>30169537
>I've got some shitty neighbors
Maybe you are the shitty one? If your neighbors don't like you or at least don't mind you than that is your fault.
>>
>>30168854
>implying squirrels aren't literally tree rats that carry all sorts of disease
>>
>>30170312
Where I live you have greys and browns.
The greys are protected and not seen as a pest. The browns are vermin and may be eradicated at will.
>>
>>30168685
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>30167985
will leave welts/10
>>
>>30168910
1) you can make a blowgun. Easy. Its a tube, the darts are rods with fluff on one side and a point on the other.
2) >>30169225
3) squirrels suck.

My favorite system I've seen is electricity. Chicken wire around the bird feeder hanging from a 7 foot post on a pulley. Chicken wire around the pole. The two sets of mesh where a part of the power cord for a light inside all running on a power strip. The birds didn't care because the circuit was off till a squirrel would reach across completing it. Then the light would come on and the old man would look out and watch it twitch for a minute before hitting the switch off letting it drop. Then he'd let the dog out to clean up.

His wife hates it. This has been a long bitter war for him.Crazy old coot, love him.
>>
File: 1430741354536.png (576 KB, 453x668) Image search: [Google]
1430741354536.png
576 KB, 453x668
>>30168515
Banned in Australia too.
But that should be expected since everything is banned here.
>>
>>30167985
I had the same idea screwing around on Amazon a year ago. They look like cheap fun, but then I realized I have nowhere to use the thing and I passed on it. If I could get my hands on one of the native versions from South America that is carved it would be much more interesting to me.
>>
>>30167985
In high school my friends and I used to shoot each other with them for fun, that's honestly all they're good for unless you have some sort of poison to tip the darts with. Even then, good luck in court when you kill a home invader with a poison blow dart.
>>
>>30170337
National FBI crime statistics.
>>
>>30167985
They're fun. Shot a few grackles with mine. Hit them right and the dart pins their wing to their body. Let old beer cans get hot in the sun, shake them, shoot the bottom. Hilarity ensues. That sort of stuff.
>>
>>30167985
I had a lot of fun fucking around with blowguns when I was a kid. They are surprisingly accurate, enough that you will have to set up a bunch of targets to avoid robin hooding your darts. Killed plenty of squirrels with broadheads.
>>
>>30170292
I'm down on a hill and they always look into my house across a valley (around 400 yards away). They always watch me when i'm outside and lately they have shone lasers into my windows thinking I didn't know where they were but I saw them standing by their porch light like retards through my spotting scope and got a video of them shining lasers into my house. I took a screenshot and mailed them a picture telling them to stop and they haven't turned on their porch light for over a month and keep all their blinds shut. Pretty kek worthy but I can't imagine they wouldn't jump at the chance to report me for doing something that is outlawed in my back yard
Sorry for the late reply, I was busy
>>
>>30168086
>wasting good fentanyl
For shame anon
>>
I have a big bore blowgun from Nothing Personell. So far it's been used to keep small pests out of the garden and BSing around. I've bought a lot of fucking mini balloons...
>>
>>30172705
Time to slaughter a goat. In your yard. Naked. With an erection.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.