[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lindybeige Bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Bullshit.png (1 MB, 1553x772) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.png
1 MB, 1553x772
How fucking retarded can this guy get?
>Makes video about WW2
>Only uses British Propaganda and biased sources and books for the Bren gun
>Does 0 Research on the MG-42
>Get's mad and throws a shit fit when people call him out on his idiocy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQygRVvEmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfBL1hz_zw

Honestly, it's clear he's just here to self confirm that he's amazing and that everything about him and his country is perfect
>>
Bongfag btfo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCl1FqD7n6k
>>
File: BEIGE UPRISING.jpg (76 KB, 1065x859) Image search: [Google]
BEIGE UPRISING.jpg
76 KB, 1065x859
ENOUGH
>>
Wehraboos inbound.
>>
He's entertaining. I don't care if what he's rambling about is biased or even false.
>>
>>30166748

Sounds like someone got a bit triggered.
>>
>>30166748

I actually really like lindy but he was wrong on this one and i think his response could have been a bit better.
>>
>>30167050

Wrong about what specifically?
>>
File: nigga_what.jpg (30 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
nigga_what.jpg
30 KB, 505x431
Literally who?
>>
>>30167078
Youtuber who focuses more on ancient military history and RPG stuff but decided he wanted to talk a bit about guns. Being a bong has put him at a tremendous disadvantage however.
>>
>>30166748
Ian has already sorted it in the comments, shows over, go home.
>>30167050
This to a degree.
>>
>>30166748
>Basically says that the MG42 and the BREN both had roles in which they excelled, but that MG42 is somewhat overrated and that the BREN had some good points too.
>MG42 fans sperg the fuck out that he "attacked" their sacred krout stick

Literally the katana of guns.
>>
>>30167120
what he say?
>>
>>30167165

A couple things he said were inaccurate, but the overall premise of the video is correct.
>>
>>30167137
Fire superiority wins engagements and is pretty much a requirement for mounting succesful attacks or defending efficiently. The Mg42 just happens to spit the largest amount of bullets at the enemy the fastest.
>>
>>30167165
>>30167203
He meant what did Ian say.

Just go to the comments, it was the top rated one last time I checked, he basically backs Lindy up to a degree.
>>
>>30167214

Yes, I was saying that's what Ian said.
>>
>>30167225
Ah ok, I get you now, sorry, I misinterpreted it the first time!
>>
>they're both great I just think the bren needs a bit more love
>HOW DARE YOU ATTACK THE SACRED KRAUTSTICK
>>
>MG-42 team can´t hit a guy lieing in a 1-inch deep ditch at a distance of 18 yards

Shouldn´t he have started questioning his sources right then ?
>>
>>30166855
BASED
>>
>>30167165

Essentially his main point was that the German MG-42 and MG-34 are slightly overrated as magical Kraut magic guns that are the best guns ever because they are German. And the Bren because it has a magazine and a lower rate of fire and is British is therefore garbage and terrible.

He also refers to the "MG34/42 as a "Spandau" throughout the whole video, apparently it seems to be a thoroughly British term for the weapons.

Basically, if you substitute "Sapndau" in his videos for "Panzer" and replace "Bren gun" with "Sherman tank" you get the exact same argument that /k/ has every other day. That the German and Allied weapons basically had parity to each other and neither nation was at a massive disadvantage due to shitty weapons.
>>
>>30167777

To clarify my first paragraph, he wanted to clear up the conception that German equipment was literally heaven sent and British equipment was garbage. He thinks that they both have strong and weak points.
>>
People need to understand that lindybiege is an ascended /k/ poster. He does not do research or have any particular expertise. The occasional claims of him being some sort of historian or archaeologist ignore that he is an "amateur archaeologist" whose experience consists of taking vacations to southern europe. His knowledge of weaponry comes from taking a look at something and making up assumptions.

Sometimes he stumbles into a correct assumption or opinion, usually it's buried in a dozen more poorly formed or wildly inaccurate ones.

Hell, even when he was doing something in a professional capacity, it was evo psych, which is just rampant speculation with better publicity.
>>
File: n_77761_1.jpg (42 KB, 626x335) Image search: [Google]
n_77761_1.jpg
42 KB, 626x335
>ITT
>>
>>30167777
Nobody objects with the claim that german weapons are often overrated.

Problem is, he then merged the MG34 and the MG42 into one gun and then selectively used the worst features of both to shittalk the overall systems while making plain wrong statements and citing very questionable sources.

He claims the Bren was so good, it remained in service for really long, unlike the "Spandau". In reality, the MG3 is still in use by up to 20 different countries, while the Bren left service life in 2006.

He claims the MG42 is grossly inaccurate by citing that story about the guy lieing in his 1-inch ditch at 18 yards. In reality, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EygT0o6R6I has no problem hitting shit beyond that range.

He then goes on to argue that because the Sten was so good, and that the MG42 was so bad the Allies kept winning from 44 onwards. That´s a pretty clear logical fallacy.

His conclusion is good, but he should get his facts straight.
>>
>>30167821

Noguns Brit detected.

>THE BREN HAS TO BE GOOD! WE USED IT! EVERYTHING BRITISH WAS GOOD!
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.