[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poor fag here, is RIA worth choosing for a CCW? Their 1911s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-06-04-08-36-52.png (229 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-04-08-36-52.png
229 KB, 720x1280
Poor fag here, is RIA worth choosing for a CCW?

Their 1911s look worth it
>>
>>30166637
Yep.
>>
>>30166637
As a general rule of thumb, never get a 1911 with a barrel less than 4.25
>>
>>30166637
>ccw
>1911
You're excused.
>>
>>30166674
I was just using this as an example. I was considering doing a commander or govt for what I need.
>>
>>30167093
Oh well then go for it. There isn't really anything wrong with RIA. It is just foreign made of cheaper parts and a lesser finish. Just fluff imo
>>
>>30166637

I have an ria 1911 GI, only complaints is that the finish wasn't amazing and the roll mark.

I shoot decent with it, even wi5h the shitty non dot sights. bout 3 inch groups at 5 yards.

I online paid 200 though, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>30166637
Yes, had to replace the recoil spring after a couple hundred rounds but no problems since then.

Even the medium size is super heavy. Make sure you get a good belt.
>>
>>30166637
4 inch commanders generally are more reliable and the recoil springs last longer than their 3.5 inch counterparts.
>>
>>30166637
Yessir, its great. Just make sure it's reliable, you can send it to NV for free to fix any hiccups. Put a set of slim grips on it for max comfitude.
>>
>>30166637
I can't speak for the compact ones, but I just bought a Rock Island Armory 1911 full size, and I fucking love it. Can't hit shit with it yet, but I enjoy taking it apart.
>>
People who keep spouting that the compact 1911 is unreliable need to die. You'll need to replace the recoil spring far more often but if you do that you won't see any problems with it
>>
>>30166637
used G19
no reason to carry a gun with such small capacity
>>
>>30168753

Other than it being thinner, having a better trigger, having better sights, and not being used.
>>
>>30168753
Shut up. I carry a glock 19 and I think people like you suck. Carry what you shoot best with, OP
>>
>>30168753
I'm not opposed to Glocks, I actually rather like them, but I want to get this handgun soon, I'll be able to train with it and get better with whatever I end up choosing.

If only Glock wasn't over priced
>>
>>30168768
>get into rhythm
>run out of ammo
what is Trijicon
what is weight
>>30168775
Jokes on you, I cc a G20

>>30168809
Glocks are underpriced m8
I got a brand new one for $517 cash, you can get used ones for like $3-400 bucks
The money you'll save buying 9mm over .45 will allow you to shoot more which is all that matters.
Look, I was going to get a 1911 as my first pistol and I'm glad I didn't. Its a cool gun, great trigger, history, etc but its outclassed by a G19 as a carry weapon in every category
>>
>>30168768
> sights
>ccw gun
Not filing off your sights and slide release so your thought process is the size of a pea in a ccw situation. Come on, it's 2010+6
>>
>>30168691
Unless they are top tier or custom almost every sub 4" I have ever seen has had some kind of problem. Most of the time they are fixed by putting higher quality parts into the build but sometimes you get an out of spec gremlin that is impossible to exorcise unless you replace the slide, barrel or frame.
>>
>>30168853

>>get into rhythm
>>run out of ammo
No idea what that means.

>what is Trijicon
More shit you have to pay for to make the gun usable

>what is weight
A good thing in terms of recoil control.
>>
>>30168868

Do autists actually do this or is it a theoretical meme?
>>
>>30168853
>You can get used ones for $3-400 bucks
No you fucking can't. Show me. Show me a reliable way to get 3-400 dollar glocks that are shitty police trade-in 22s
>>
>>30168691
>You'll need to replace the recoil spring far more often
this is a huge fucking deal considering how low the lifespan is and how theres no indicators if its worn out or not until it jams.
those officers wont make it though a thousand rounds without fucking up repeatedly near the end.
would you willingly carry a cellphone with a 2 hour battery life and no way of telling how much battery life is left?
especially when every other 1911 on the market will go 5k+ before considering a recoil spring replacement.
>>
>>30168876
I've had 3.5 inch 1911s run fine, just needed to keep a couple extra recoil springs handy at the range
>>
>>30168911
There is a way to see how much life it has left, idiot. Don't carry it with a recoil spring you've shot 4-500 rounds through. Your cell phone analogy is shit because you're pretty much basing your whole argument on not charging your phone before you leave
>>
>>30168911
When your empties start flying farther, that's a pretty good indicator that it's wearing out. I'm not an expert, just sayin'.
>>
>>30168926
are you really going to keep track of round count?
unless you are an autistic man who only owns one gun you wont bother.
500 is the conservative estimate anyways they die in the 700-800 range you replace at 500 to be sure it will work.
officers arent even fun to shoot like govt 1911s they kick like hell, arent small, and are heavy as fuck compared to other guns.

this is coming from a guy who owns and carried one before realizing it was a stupid fucking idea after it jammed repeatedly at the range
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.