[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any point of building an 80% lower? I was hoping to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (418 KB, 2235x2557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
418 KB, 2235x2557
Is there any point of building an 80% lower?

I was hoping to buy this to get around the age requirement to buy a handgun, but that seems yo be the only benefit
>>
>>30166221
Building a Gucci Glawk 9 Problem Solver Bling Kayne West edition up front.
>>
>>30166221
>Is there any point of building an 80% lower?
I mean it's a fun little project and a way to shove a middle finger to the goobernment.

If you're planning on buying it to circumvent existing gun laws, just don't.
>>
>>30166221
Getting around gun restrictions and registration mainly.

Just get a carbine and be done with it.
>>
I just made my first at 15. I am interested in making one of these
>>
>>30166872
It's pretty easy. I did it with a dremel and a cheapo depo hand drill.

I could have improved the final outcome significantly if I used a drill press or at a minimum a better drill.

My one concern with this though is shit like OP is asking. Just imagine if the use of these becomes widespread among the criminal element, we're bound to see legislation concerning 80% lowers.
>>
>>30166894

They actually tried to regulate 80% and attached it the mental health funding bill. Home Depot and Lowes sort of shot that one down.

Besides, it's not like anyone believes dindus can actually make guns.
>>
>>30166894
Hmm I'm gonna have to try it what lower did you use?
>>30167206
What do you consider dindus?
>>
>>30166894
I'm worried about the same for reloading stuff. I live in CT where you need a permit to buy ammo but any dindu can get an 8lb keg of unique.
>only a matter of time
>>
>>30166221
>I don't like the rules but I'm too lazy to do the one thing that circumvents the rule

I know who you're voting for
>>
>>30166894
You made one of these? Didn't realize they were shipping already.

How many rounds do you have through it? Factory slide on it?
>>
>>30167290
Dindu can be anyone.
One of my buddies was recently the victim of a violent home invasion. the perpetrators entire family are dindus, daily post about how he's such a great guy and a loving husband despite being convicted of multiple felonies.
>>
>>30167322
Ok just making sure any time someone says dindu I automatically think of /pol/s dindus
>>30167299
How much did the permit cost and how hard was it to get?
>>
>>30167345
Permit is anywhere from $100-$150 depending on who you take the course with, no one really knows how to just get an ammo permit so everyone gets a pistol permit.
Personally I don't have a permit for either, gotta be 21 and I'm 20.
>not the main reason I started reloading, these are very new laws
>>
Imo, it's an interesting way to create a gun company without having to actually become a gun company.

So someone like me who wants to tinker with engineering, I can design a firearm and sell the "kit" instead of having to get a manufacturing license. It reduces my potential cost-to-market and allows me to build a following, which could then be used to create an actual manufacturing firm.

I could even go as far as having a machine shop custom make the slides and everything else, if I had a 100% custom design that didn't depend on 1911 parts/glock parts/ar parts/etc.
>>
File: image.png (79 KB, 242x167) Image search: [Google]
image.png
79 KB, 242x167
>>30166894
Bro, dindus won't even get a straight job. You think they'll invest in the tools and knowledge to complete an 80%.

Inconceivable!
>>
>>30167446
I feel sorry for you guys that fucking sucks. Thank god buying ammo here in New York ain't that hard at least not yet.
>>
>>30167345
Not that guy but I know what you're getting at. What I consider dindus in my town are white methheads. We kinda have some wannabe Mexican gangbangers but they usually grow out of that shit by age 20
>>
>>30167206
when was that? I never heard of it.
>>
>>30168042
Thanks I was gonna say /pol/ just thinks anybody black is a dindu. Kinda triggers me because I'm muti racial with no record and own guns kek
>>
>>30166221

Thanks for posting the specter here. Now it'll be sold out in a week.

THINK, you useless fucking teenager. THINK.
>>
File: image.jpg (351 KB, 2048x1423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
351 KB, 2048x1423
>>30166221
I have one, works well, smooth as hell after I broke it in. You're gonna pay more than a regular Glock 17 though, the slide and parts kit are running premiums because there's a demand for it now that polymer80 released it.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>30167555
It sucks but at least ammo is in stock even at the big box stores.
>tfw you have to ask your dad to take time out of his busy alcoholic schedule just to buy you .22lr
>>
>>30168498
Unfortunately there is very little .22 ammo around cus all these retarded hicks think the gubberment is buying all the .22 ammo so they sperg out and buy all of it.
>>
>>30167511
Yeah but this is stupid easy to complete. As we are all aware handguns make up the overwhelming majority of firearm crimes, whereas rifles do not.

A 1911 requires a massive amount of gunsmithing to the point where everything needs to be hand fitted.

Of course it might be easier for Tyrone to discuss purchasing a stolen handgun with Jamal, and perhaps at an even cheaper rate. This cost me roughly $550 to compete.

The reason it hasn't been a problem since no nigger is going to spend days hand fitting components into a 1911, and a rifle or an AR/AK "pistol" would be more of a hindrance for the purpose of committing crimes.

>>30167318
I have a G22 OEM slide and I've put probably close to 1,000 rounds through it. They are coming out with a Polymer 80 G17 slide that should be ready by the end of the month.

>>30167290
>Hmm I'm gonna have to try it what lower did you use?
The PF940, just look it up. I used a dremel, hand drill and used the bits they included with the jig.
>>
>>30168246
You ain't half bad anon.
>>
File: dindu.jpg (147 KB, 800x617) Image search: [Google]
dindu.jpg
147 KB, 800x617
>>30167290
dindu is a sarcastic placeholder for the criminals whose shootings started the black lives matter "movement"
>>
>>30168586
It's also unfortunate that because of these people, you get dirty looks from any store clerk if you ask about .22.
>>
File: 1423811169288.jpg (11 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
1423811169288.jpg
11 KB, 209x200
>>30166221
Depending on any state laws, it is completely not illegal to private purchase and possess a handgun if over 18. Look it up. The atf Q&A will tell you the same thing

https://www.atf.gov/questions-and-answers/qa/may-individual-between-ages-18-and-21-years-age-acquire-handgun-unlicensed
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.