[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any intresting facts about black uniform amongst Iraqis? Even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: 48383998.jpg (86 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
48383998.jpg
86 KB, 800x500
Any intresting facts about black uniform amongst Iraqis? Even ISIS seems to sport it and 2004 black seemed to be a big thing amongst insurgents.
>>
>>30166198
Wearing black keeps the sun off your skin since the sun can't get through it, so it might just be that. Aren't burqas and such typically also black for similar reasons? And I know hats tend to be generally heavily colored and made of thick felt.

Black is also always in fashion
>>
File: IraqiSwat_instagram1.jpg (154 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
IraqiSwat_instagram1.jpg
154 KB, 1080x1349
>>30166198
Oh shit. What's Shadow Company doing in Iraq?
>>
>>30166213
Black fabric absorbs heat, bro.
>>
>>30166213
I just came in here to say what >>30166535 said.

It's downright retarded for hadjis to wear black in the desert, but who gives a fuck if our enemies are retarded.
>>
ISOF wears I because they dyed a bunch of uniforms so they could actually match.

I think ISIS uses it cause it's spoopy.
>>
>>30166535
>>30166213
>>30166548
No, it's not. It blocks UV better; and being loose but fully covering is more important than being reflective. Loose clothes ensure constant evaporative cooling.

...but as far as uniforms, they do it because it's simple and looks cool.
>>
>>30166213
>Wearing black keeps the sun off your skin since the sun can't get through it

You're a fucking retard.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
205 KB, 1280x720
>>30166588
>Muh UV
You know a bullet will kill you a lot faster for not blending with ANYTHING IN THE FUCKING DESERT.
>>
>>30166588
This bullshit doesn't explain why it became status symbol
>>
>>30166653
But how often are you being shot versus how often does the sun exist?

>>30166984
When has black not been cool?
>>
>>30166653
You're more likely to get a sun induced injury on a typical day of patrol than a bullet induced one.
>>
Isnt that gun a little big for the point man? I would imagine you want something a bit more maneuverable.
>>
>>30167046
>>30167060
We're talking about fucking Iraqis

Not Yankee doodle walking over to nearest smoothie king in the green zone.
>>
>>30167073
yes, and?
>>
>>30167073
>We're talking about fucking Iraqis
Okay?
Does the sun not exist in Iraq?
>>
The sun only shines on America. Terrorist countries aren't allowed to have it. They don't need UV protection.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl0uFtClAmw
>>
>>30166535
Which means your skin isn't absorbing that heat. You can keep a cool layer of air between your skin and your clothes for longer.

now,
>tight arm sleeves but only on one arm
THERES a spicey meme
>>
>>30167130
>this used to be true
>then Obama let them steal our sun and the morons used too much so that's why it's so hot there
>Trump will take our sun back and Make America Great Again
>>
>>30166198
black absorbs more sunlight so they must be hot as fuck in those things
>>
>>30167183
have you never worn black in summer

the clothes themselves will get hot to the touch, but if they're even slightly loose-fitting, you yourself will remain cool

are all americans this bad at hot weather enjoyment
>>
>>30166591
>>30166535
>>30166548
>>30167183
Came into this thread hoping to find idiots like this
>>
>>30167211
>Wearing anything but white and light colors in the summer

Bitch you cray cray
>>
>>30167211
do those uniforms look loose or light fitting to you, dumbass?
>>
>>30167246
they look loose enough to work. you can see bunches and folds and they're all wearing unbloused cargo pants

loose fit doesn't mean it's a drug dealer hoodie, it just has to have a layer of air between the clothing and your skin

are all americans this bad at dressing themselves?
>>
File: frontlineworld8_zpsc44d5c3f.jpg (86 KB, 799x618) Image search: [Google]
frontlineworld8_zpsc44d5c3f.jpg
86 KB, 799x618
>>30166198
>>30166550
They both wear it to be spoopy. Black uniforms have a certain reputation about them since they were used by the Fedayeen. It strikes fear in the heart of an Iraqi when men in black uniforms come for them
>>
>>30167397
>It strikes fear in the heart of an Iraqi when men in black uniforms come for them
i think this is true of people in most countries, to be honest, family. i'm shaking my head at your racism
>>
>>30166213
>>30166588
>>30167157
>>30167211

>northfags talking about shit they know nothing about

As a lifelong Phoenix AZ resident, I can tell you wearing black in the sun is a terrible idea. Don't listen to this autistic pseudoscience.
>>
File: too far.png (63 KB, 362x213) Image search: [Google]
too far.png
63 KB, 362x213
this thread:
>hmm why are these guys wearing black
>could it be that it keeps the sun off their skin better than whites?
>maybe it's because black is a universally scary color and makes them look more fearsome.

<NO ITS BECAUSE THEYRE FUCKING DONKEY FUCKING TOWELHEADS WHO DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING

Look, guys, racism is cool and all, but people who live in the desert probably dress the way they do for a reason.
>>
>>30167453
>phoenix
>autism

I'll take the Tuareg and Bedouin examples over the opinions of a whitebread latino from the land of aircon m8e.
>>
>>30167453
This. Inb4 pseudoscience ignoring the zeroth law of thermodynamics.
>>
>>30167453
>>30167547
>wearing black in the sun is a terrible idea.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/aug/19/most-improbable-scientific-research-abrahams

>The results were clear. As the report puts it: "The amount of heat gained by a Bedouin exposed to the hot desert is the same whether he wears a black or a white robe. The additional heat absorbed by the black robe was lost before it reached the skin."

>Bedouins' robes, the scientists noted, are worn loose. Inside, the cooling happens by convection – either through a bellows action, as the robes flow in the wind, or by a chimney sort of effect, as air rises between robe and skin. Thus it was conclusively demonstrated that, at least for Bedouin robes, black is as cool as any other colour.

However,

physics.stackexchange.com/questions/78616/is-dark-clothes-for-winter-light-for-summer-relevant
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1886/does-black-clothing-keep-you-cooler

Apparently, if it is windy, black is better because it absorbs more of your body heat where it can be taken away by the wind, effectively acting as a more efficient sweat. Naturally, the clothes have to be loose fitting for the convection to work.
>>
>>30167453
>As a lifelong Phoenix
Okie here, I have to agree with this man.
>>
File: Dishdasha.jpg (130 KB, 800x730) Image search: [Google]
Dishdasha.jpg
130 KB, 800x730
>>30167500
>they wear black for a real reason
No, if they're wearing anything traditional, it'll be white or some other bright color. loose, thin and flowing.

except in Burkas and shit like that, they tend to be darker. because whats the point of making a woman cover up if her tits show after sweating for awhile.

Third worlders are just as susceptible to the rule of cool just like any westerner.
>>
>>30167588
>Third worlders are just as susceptible to the rule of cool just like any westerner.
Well yeah, but apparently most of /k/ thinks that it's only iraqis who fear "men in black uniforms"
>>
>>30167588
Isn't that more of a status thing? Same reason western sailors tend to wear white -- it's a point of pride that you can have such a clean uniform and have the grace or civility to keep it white, and not any kind of work consideration.
>>
>>30166515
Delivering pizzas and stealin motherfucker birthday
>>
>>30166653
That AK's for dropping on the ground in case they kill a civilian, isn't it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1uyh1D52gA
ISOF a shit. Look at those coward run without bothering to return fire
>>
>>30168866
makes me sad
>>
>>30167500
Sauce for the picture?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.