[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently got to fondle one of these at my local dealer, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: centuryc308.jpg (110 KB, 1000x540) Image search: [Google]
centuryc308.jpg
110 KB, 1000x540
I recently got to fondle one of these at my local dealer, and I liked the way it felt and all that. But I was a bit turned off by the fact that its Century made.

Do any /k/ommandos own one?

Whats they deal with them, are they shit?
>>
The C308 are not bad. Century actually outsources it's rifle building to other manufactures. The ones that work on C308 actually got it right. It's their USA AKs that are garbage. I have heard that WASRs are getting better.
>>
if you like it get a PTR 91 instead. same rifle, but made with the actual hk blueprints/tooling and not hammered together by illegals. its only $2-300 more as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBNPLBWeJ4
>>
>>30164793
The finish on Century AKs is so bad. I fingerfucked one at my LGS the other day. It looked like matte black paint from a spraycan, and it was bubbling in places. On a goddamn new rifle.
>>
>>30164793
>The C308 might not be bad.
The century gamble.
If you can't afford to lose the money outright, buy something that actually has a warranty/CS department.
>>
save another $200 and go PTR.
Unless you a gambling man and would rather throw dice on getting a good C308 that made it out of their QC.
Otherwise, I hope you love talking to customer service and waiting.
>>
>>30164777
It's a coin toss really, you might get one tight as a drum that works flawlessly or might get the exact opposite.

Get a PTR, more money but a solid reputation and track record of quality.
>>
7.62 nato sucks ass.
>>
Semi-related and hopefully I don't hijack the thread but: next on my purchase list is a 7.62 NATO battle rifle, and I'm not sure if I should bother getting a FAL/PTR or just keep saving and get a SCAR 17. I want to get a SCAR at some point regardless, so would it be worth getting a FAL/PTR beforehand to get practice with the 7.62 NATO round, or should I just wait and only get the SCAR?

To be clear I've shot .308 and 7.62 NATO before, but not in any sizable amount so I don't have the amount of range time (I personally consider) required to be good with something chambered in it.

Suggestions anons with battle rifles?
>>
>>30164974
If you're going to get the FAL's baby brother, you may as well get an FAL too.
>>
>>30164814
Just look how shittily the thing is ejecting, a normal G3 action will fling brass like a rocket, from my experience at least.
>>
>>30164993
Beforehand or get it after the SCAR for appreciation's sake?
>>
>>30165008
I'd get the FAL first so you can really tell the difference between the old and new. Really it doesn't matter much though. Get whichever one you think is cooler first.
>>
>>30165050
Alright, thanks for the input. Might browse through the different PTR variants to see if I can find something I'd like to practice on.
>>
>>30165072
the GI PTR is stock military standard and unlike DSA FAL Voyagers, they use the same materials as all the other builds (except for the heavy barrel varients obviously), so no cost cutting bullshit with the GI's.
>>
>>30165283
Sounds like that'd be the best bet for consistent quality then. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>30164822
That's like every AK ever in the US to be fair
>>
>>30164822
Thats why you get a Czech or Romanian WASR.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.