[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stuzen straight pull
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Has anyone ever owned on of the super short Austrian straight pulls?

My lgs has one along with some 500ish rounds of Nazi made ammo for the thing.

I am really tempted. Should I not be?
>>
My boss has a carbine. Recoil is pretty awful but it shoots straight.
>>
>>30161687
I fucking hated mine, Traded it and an SKS for a Winchester 94. That being said ammo is hard as fuck to find and when you do its expensive as shit. If the deal is cheap enough buy it and flip the ammo and you will get x3 your money back
>>
They are handy and light little rifles, but the fitting on most M95s is iffy. A lot of them are very hard to cycle because of mismatching parts. You would have to get a feel for the bolt by raking it a few times and maybe dry firing it.
If it feels good then I say go for it, but most M95s I've seen go for about 300 without ammo so it depends on the price.
>>
>>30161687
I heard they have really hard recoil, any idea why it would be worse than say an M44 or K98k?
>>
I have both a long rifle and a stutzen. They're kind of a pain to clean, because if you remove the bolt, the bolt head can and most likely will snap into the shut position, and it's a bit of work to pull it open again and hope it stays that way long enough to reinsert. I hear a dime fits perfectly but o haven't done this in a while. Never shot either, ammo online is like $2/rnd and I have dozens of other guns to shoot. They seem like really handy, fast rifles though. I like the en bloc system on then
>>
>>30161730
>>30161934
So I should jump on the 225 for the rifle + 12 per box of ten rounds?
>>
>>30163282
Pretty good deal on the gun and ammo. If you can spare the cash and like the ghn, go for it.
>>
>>30161730
>tfw I passed one up at a gun show several years ago because $160 was way too much for a m95, sling, 25 clips, and 200 rounds of surplus ammo.
Instead I spent $90 and overpaid on a russian 91/30 that came with a bayo, sling, cleaning kit, oiler, ammo pouches, and a russian helmet.
>>
>>30163282
yes
>>
>>30161811
Small and light as shit and shoots freight trains
Yes I own one.
The nazi stamped ammo itself is worth 5 of those rifles.

Don't be surprised if the bolt locks up when it gets hot
>>
Oh and they can chamber and safely fire 54r, not accurately though
>>
>>30165271
>The nazi stamped ammo itself is worth 5 of those rifles.

why?
>>
>>30165326
really?
>>
I picked one up for $200 at a gunshow. It's a really fun gun to shoot, tho ammo can be hard to find.

Also, make sure it comes with clips for it. Or find a place to get some. Otherwise you have a single shot rifle.
>>
>>30165326
Citation needed
>>
don't use it as a single shot, the extractor, just like the mauser and 1911 isn't built to ride over the rim of a chambered round. Lot of extractors on these things are chipped or broke because of this and replacements are nonexistent. Op is advised to test rifle for extraction before committing
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.