[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought my first firearm today ! The gun store man said to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1465000370408119979329.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1465000370408119979329.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Just bought my first firearm today ! The gun store man said to buy a revolver first because it's 100% reliable and that the 38 special is a combat and police proven caliber and has plenty of stopping power for the size and weight of this gun. Pic related

Tips on how to shoot well?
>>
>>30160558
practise

> go to a shooting range
> shoot gun
> get good at shooting gun

it´s pretty easy

how much did you pay for it?
I like the Cenntenial series of revovlers
>>
>>30160558
Op don't listen to people who don't know how to spell practice
>>
>>30160591
it´s 2:45 am
and english isn´t my first language

so sorry for that
>>
>>30160558
You did great. I have a very similar .38 S&W (model 49) and it's a great little gun, great shooting but hard to shoot well.

Best tips I can give are watch your trigger control, make sure it's uniform from shot to shot and make sure you're grip dosent change from shot to shot. Another thing you'll find is that there's a happy medium between too much grip pressure and too little.
>>
>>30160591
Not op but are you saying that he shouldnt shoot the gun to get good at shooting the gun?
>>
>>30160558

Is this bait?

I like snubbies, and actually carry that, but when did anyone on /k just randomly buy what the sales person said.

>first gun
>revolver
>snubbie
>100% reliable meme
>38, not 9

This is bait
>>
>>30160558
>hammerless

HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahaha
>>
>used
>.38 special has stopping power
>hammerless
>revolvers are 100% reliable meme
>.38 special being used in combat
>trying to aim well with a snub nose

Sorry OP but you didn't just buy the snake oil, you invested into stocks for it. Literally everything that salesman told you was a lie to get you to buy that.

It'll be good in a pinch if you're in a close range life and death situation but that's it.
>>
>>30160558
Do you have 24hour sucker tattooed on your face?

For starters buy a 22lr pistol to learn on that has at least a 4-6" long barrel just for the increased sight radius

you're fucking up with a snubby as a first handgun, sure they are reliable - until someone grabs the cylinder that is....
>>
>>30162277
My first gun was a snubby smith and I love it. But I would say other then personal taste and carriability a single stack 9mm or good .380 would be a better first gun behind a shotgun or .22.
>>
>>30162389
Try getting shot in the chest by a .38 and tell me it's no problem.
>>
>>30162389
.38 has killed as many people in the U.S. as 9mm has in the last hundred years.
>>
>>30160558
It's alright for now, but next time, don't listen to the gunstore man. Unless gunstore man is a legit good friend, they're just going to sell you on things and you're entirely going off that one person's knowledge and opinions.

Look shit up, research, read, watch, treat it like buying a car. You don't just stroll into a car place and let the salesman dictate the whole sale, fast track to getting fucked in the ass.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.