[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SHTF Ammunition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
So first of all, RIP rounds. Meme bullets, or stuff you could use in a SHTF scenario? Also, what other type of crazy bullets that are out there would you consider using in a SHTF?
>>
more bullets than the other guy.
>>
RIP ammo is pure meme. SHTF needs tons of fmj, that's it.
>>
>>30160281
Yeah but assuming that youre not a shit shot, wouldnt a round that inflicts massive internal damage be better suited? Kind of a quality over quantity thing?
>>
>>30160341
no. more is the best kind of ammo
>>
File: she-is-right-you-know.png (276 KB, 356x471) Image search: [Google]
she-is-right-you-know.png
276 KB, 356x471
>>30160341
>>30160358
>>
>>30160403
Because you don't want to load your gun up with unreliable and unproven rounds if your in a high risk scenario.
>>
>>30160403
I like this answer.

>>30160331
But are there any other "fuck your shit rounds" that arent just fmj or hollowpoints? Curious more than anything
>>
>>30160461

>Unreliable
>Unproven

What's going to happen? The last 500 spire points or OTM I put through my AR work just fine but the next 30 will magically fail in my hour of need?
>>
Something scarcely used like 7.92x57 or 8x56
>>
>>30160568
Tip of a round gets bent while transporting ammo in your bag. Gets caught in chamber and tears up barrel on the way out. Now your rifle is fucked. It may be safe on the range where you don't beat the hell out of ammo but if it's sitting in a pack for days that's getting thrown around who knows. Seems like an unnecessary risk for little reward.
>>
>>30160832
Seems like that would be the case for any type of ammo though
>>
Would you guys rather use 5.45 or 7.62 for shtf?
>>
>>30161227
I guess your right but it takes out quite a few variables getting rid of those prongs.
>>
>>30161268
As a related question, would the 5.45 be better for more long range engagements and the 7.62 for medium to short?
>>
>>30160832

I've seen soft points deformed before from being dropped. There isn't enough tip exposed to do more than fuck with the bullets trajectory over long ranges. FBI and other police have used them for years for barrier blind ammo.

The other option is an open tip match round in a heavier grain. Still good penetration and wound channels, but you'd have your full copper jacket should you want to avoid exposed lead tips. Just don't expect to get through windshields.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.