[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello from Missouri, /k/. I've got a paycheck coming up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 750x933) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 750x933
Hello from Missouri, /k/. I've got a paycheck coming up /k/, by the end of the summer I'll have around 750-1000 to spend on funs. Looking for most fun per buck, but I already have a bolt action so fuck off nugget niggers. Any other type of gun will do. What buy?
>>
>>30160052
Nail gun?
>>
>>30160052
build an ar15 for 550
spend the rest on ammo and mags
>>
>>30160052
Build an ar15.
>>
>>30160481
>>30160532
OP here, do you guys have an opinion on where I should get started with a lower? I don't have much experience so I was thinking a completed lower.
>>
>>30160052
>by the end of the summer I'll have around 750-1000 to save
fixed that for you

You should be able to find an M&P Sport II for $500 between August and Black Friday, but remember that we're closing in to the election in November.

An AR or AR pistol
1000 rounds of 5.56
>>
>>30160052
>>30160532
>>30160760
Please don't build your first AR. If you don't know what's right you won't know which way is up.
>>
>>30160760
Dou you have youtube? A razor, vice grips, and some electrical tape?

Thats all you need.

Just buy the rollmark you like
>>
>>30160760
I built my first AR recently and shit is simple if you grab the proper tools. You can get an Anderson lower for cheap, I payed $37 a piece for some not too long ago. The finish on them definitely doesn't compare to my Rainier, but not sure if it's worth the extra $80 to you.
>>
>>30160948
Also, fellow MO fag here.
>>
>>30160799
Coming from an anon who built their first AR without any issues: you're full of shit.
>>
>>30160052
https://www.slickguns.com/product/anderson-am-15-skeletonized-rifle-a2-setup-42999-free-shipping
you can get that and then just buy whatever furniture meets your fancy.
>>
>>30160799
Op here, kinda what I was thinking, I was looking at an AR556. Are those a good value or are they just cheap?
>>
>>30161354
They are ok.
>>
>>30161354
They're fine. They're a little goofy with a proprietary barrel nut and FSB, but if you're not going to be taking the upper apart you're completely fine.

What state are you in?
>>
>>30160052
Getting dat cola check
>>
>>30160052
I wouldn't build an AR for $500, but if you had $1k to drop you can make a pretty kick-ass one. Spend the majority of your dosh on a nice barrel, good bolt and carrier, and a quality receiver set made from 7075-T6.
There is a ton of information out there on how to build an AR. Just spend a few extra bucks on some decent tools and you'll be good to go.
>>
>>30161788
I'll have around 1k but do you know which companies make good completed lowers. Because pretty much everyone is saying to make sure an get a quality lower.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.