[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pentagon: Special Ops Killing of Pregnant Afghan Women Was “Appropriate”
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: AP_100211152655.jpg (222 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
AP_100211152655.jpg
222 KB, 640x480
https://theintercept.com/2016/06/01/pentagon-special-ops-killing-of-pregnant-afghan-women-was-appropriate-use-of-force/

>An internal Defense Department investigation into one of the most notorious night raids conducted by special operations forces in Afghanistan — in which seven civilians were killed, including two pregnant women — determined that all the U.S. soldiers involved had followed the rules of engagement. As a result, the soldiers faced no disciplinary measures, according to hundreds of pages of Defense Department documents obtained by The Intercept through the Freedom of Information Act. In the aftermath of the raid, Adm. William McRaven, at the time the commander of the elite Joint Special Operations Command, took responsibility for the operation. The documents made no unredacted mention of JSOC.

>The February 2010 night raid, which took place in a village near Gardez in Paktia province, was described by the U.S. military at the time as a heroic attack against Taliban militants. A press release published by NATO in Afghanistan soon after the raid asserted that a joint Afghan-international operation had made a “gruesome discovery.” According to NATO, the force entered a compound near the village of Khataba after intelligence had “confirmed” it to be the site of “militant activity.” As the team approached, they were “engaged” in a “fire fight” by “several insurgents.” The Americans killed the insurgents and were securing the area when they made their discovery: three women who had been “bound and gagged” and then executed inside the compound. The U.S. force, the press release alleged, found the women “hidden in an adjacent room.” The story was picked up and spread throughout the media. A “senior U.S. military official” told CNN that the bodies had “the earmarks of a traditional honor killing.”
>>
>>30157582
Old news nigger.
>>
>>30157582

>tfw I literally just watched Dirty Wars

Yeah I still don't care. The ends justify the means in this case. We're at war, and killing people happens. Sometimes it bad guys, sometimes it's not so bad guys, sometimes when it's not so bad guys other not so bad buys become bad guys and we have to kill them, too.

Basically, shit happens, but if we started tossing our very small amounts of SOF guys in prison for killing not so bad guys every once in a while we would be lacking in SOF guys.

I'm a pragmatist, every asshole over there trying to kill our troops is one less asshole trying to get into America to try and kill civilians here.

Fuck, ISIS is awesome, because hundreds of westerners that could've been dangerous went to an area that makes them legitimate targets. They did all the work for us.

That being said I'm not heartless, and we really need to work on improving our intelligence gathering to insure civilian casualties are kept to the absolute bare minimum.
>>
>>30157582
Bitch wanted equality
>>
>>30157582
>killing a future Snackbar
What's wrong exactly?
>>
>>30157582
>“confirmed”
>“militant activity.”
>“engaged”
>“fire fight”
>“several insurgents.”
What the fuck is with these quotation marks?
>>
>>30157751

Because JSOC screwed the pooch and shot a police commander and his relatives, kidnapped the survivors, and torched the evidence as well as they could when it turns out is was a birthday party and not a super secret Taliban meeting.
>>
File: 1461945089717.jpg (55 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1461945089717.jpg
55 KB, 303x311
>>30157708
>Yeah I still don't care. The ends justify the means in this case.
>Basically, shit happens,

>That being said I'm not heartless
>>
>>30158023

Should've been phrased "not completely heartless"

You get the point though.
>>
Wait are they saying the US boys bound them and executed them? It was a joint raid so that sounds much more like afghan shit. They are true savages, I watched them executed 12 guys "suspected" of being taliban in a ditch outside of kandahar.
>>
>>30157582

Wow nigger calm the fuck down

What do you think SOF do?
>>
>>30157582
>Afghan Women
more like >Afghan monkey
>>
>>30157582
Nobody cares about those sandniggers OP.
>>
File: 1464694628307.png (1 MB, 864x1167) Image search: [Google]
1464694628307.png
1 MB, 864x1167
>>30157582
That's war cunt.

>>>/safespace/ take your candyass somewhere else.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.