[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
22lr Handguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
I am having a tough time deciding on what pop gun to get. I was thinking either a S&W Victory, Ruger mk3, Beretta 21a, or a 92fs 22lr conversion kit.
Of course I could sent my M9 to Wilson Combat and get a basic carry package for the same money. What to do what to do. . .
>>
Why is it that every modern luger gets the obese barrel? Ruins the aesthetics.
>>
>>30154901
>M-muh bull barrel...
It's a marketing thing. A heavy barrel is visual shorthand for "lookit, serious gun". Not to say there aren't advantages to bull barrels.

>>30154882
I am also wondering what .22 pistol I should pick up. Browning makes a little miniature 1911 in .22 which looks awesome, but I have no idea how good it actually is, functionally.
>>
I have a mk3 with a drop in trigger. I love it. It's a pain in the dick to clean fully. But it shoots everything and it's sweet
>>
>>30154980
My great grandfather had an old ruger standard. That thing was awesome. Easily one of the most fun guns to shoot.
>>
That thing looks smexy, only if it was in black and built in advanced 5thgeneration sound suppessing technology and custom built bullets with no casings to spit out
Sonar sensitive 1 inch lcd mounted or 4x scope im probably describing an apache helicopter
>>
If I get a mark 3, should I go for the hunter, competition, or the regular bull barrel?
>>
>>30154882
I have a Buckmark and an old H&R 10-shot revolver. Love them both. The advantage of the H&R is that it'll shoot any damn thing I want to stick in it. The Buckmark only shoots lr.
>>
File: P1060277.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
P1060277.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>30154882
>>30154968
The sr22 is hands down the best feeling 22lr handgun I've ever held, which is why I ended up getting it after being on the fence for years. It's pretty small, but very solid.
Also, it's easy to take apart and get back together, which is a huge deal to me.
>>
>>30154901
I really like the bull barrels.

I suck Ruger MkII & III's dick all day. Get that.
>>
I have a 22 Victory. It's a great, fun gun, though I ran too much Thunderbolt through it without cleaning and actually managed to break a cleaning rod trying to get all the lead fouling out.
>>
>>30154968

Father in law has browning 1911 .22.

I find it to be weird, like it's a cap gun or stage prop.
>>
>>30154882

I've had a few conversions (Glock, 1911, cz-75), and they are really cool, but at the end of the day, I prefer a dedicated 22 pistol. However, they are generally under $200, so that is cool. Mags are kind of a pain to get, and often expensive.

I've used Browning Buckmarks, and enjoyed them, and few different generations of S&W 22 pistols and liked them all.

Rugers gobble cock to take apart, but I think there is an aftermarket gadget that makes them much easier to take apart. Buddy installed one and loved it, but the name escapes me. Wish I remembered more.
>>
>>30155640

There's like a hex key bolt that replaces the nub on the top of the Mark series and allows the bolt to just be pulled out the rear without messing with the mainspring.

That said, the SW victory pictured is kinda cool and designed to be easily taken down and modified.

> First see one in a shop away from home and like it. All the ones here near home are more expensive and not threaded barrels. Kick self in ass and cry a little.
>>
Is the P22 good? Not too many non-revolver .22 pistols CA legal.
>>
>>30155832
Yes, it's basically the same thing as the sr22 except me and a guy who owns a p22 both agree the sr22 has better controls.
>>
>>30155832

Are they still made from cast zinc and airgun metals and cheap feeling?

I have one, it works fine, but there's a lot I'd buy instead if prices were similar.

They are good for small hands, though.
>>
>>30154901

>modern luger

I thought it was actually based off the nambu?
>>
>>30154882
Ruger has a few cool 22lr revolvers.
>22lr 10 shot gp100
>8 shot sp101
>10 shot ruger single 10
>6 shot ruger single six
I might be a 8 shot single six too but i dont remember.
>>
>>30156517
Don't forget the bearcat!
>>
>>30154882
Why do you want it in the first place?

I got one because it seemed at the moment that it would be cheaper to buy a .22LR pistol and countless boxes of ammo than buy much less of 9mm ammo. Then I realized that not only you can't get .22LR ammo anywhere other than by dumb luck, but also the reflexes learned on .22LR would be totally wrong for heavier calibers.

Not to mention that it is a royal pain in the ass to get good ammo for .22LR - most of the ammo either fouls the gun within a couple hundred rounds, or doesn't cycle properly, or both.

Not to mention that it is a royal pain in the ass to clean a .22LR.

Back to the question - why do you want it? If all you're planning to do is plinking, then yeah, go for it. For anything else, it'll outlive its usefulness very soon, so just buy ammo instead.
>>
Browning says not to disassemble the Buckmark. What exactly could go wrong?
>>
>>30154882
I have H&R sportsman 999 that's pretty fun
>>
>>30159301
>if all you're planning to do is plinking

Not OP but

Aside from a daily carry piece, serious competition guns, and hunting weapons, that's all anyone does with any gun.

Milsurp? Plinking
Fullsize pistol/revolver? Plinking
Tactical rifle you don't compete with? Plinking
50 BMG when you only have access to a 200yd range? Plinking

Arguing for practicality is pointless when it comes to gun collecting. You can cover 100% of your needs and 90% of your hobbies, including hunting most NA game, with a single stack 9mm and a 12 gauge pump.
>>
>>30159301
>not useful
Neither are 75% of the guns I own.
>just plinking
Yes, that's what I do with all my guns.
>.22lr doesn't cycle well
What is a revolver?
>>
>>30159301
Op here I just want a toy for the range. I have narrowed it down to either a ruger mark 3, Smith victory, or sending my mó to Wilson combat. I am one of those weirdos that like cleaning and taking my guns apart. I like to make a game out of how clean I can get my gun.

Unrelated, but about how long does Wilson combat take to do your gun and send it back?
>>
>>30159665
>Neither are 75% of the guns I own
Then we're different. Every single firearm I own has its own purpose.
>just plinking
Sorry, this alone is not fun to me. Responsibility to kill the fucker that wants to kill me? Yes. I shoot thousands of rounds per month for that. Fun? Nah, there are other things that are way more fun and aren't hard on your hearing nor give you allergies to cleaning products.
>>
>>30159847
>one of those weirdos that like cleaning and taking my guns apart
That'll pass as soon as you get your first allergy attack.
>>
>>30159883
Being allergic to hopps no9 would be hell! I love the way it smells.
>>
>>30159940
It's just a matter of time. Google "sensibilization". Start wearing gloves and ventilating your room now.
>>
File: smell_disgust.jpg (12 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
smell_disgust.jpg
12 KB, 426x240
>>30154901
>modern luger
>>
>>30159874
Those thousands of rounds a month are at people? Are you in some third world shithole?
>>
File: ruger.png (220 KB, 915x827) Image search: [Google]
ruger.png
220 KB, 915x827
>>30154882
From experience I can tell you that walking around in the woods with a bunch of 22lr in your pocket and plinking random shit is way more comfy than carrying a Ruger Mk 2/3 and having to load the mags.
>>
>>30159874
>have their own purpose
The purpose is they are fun to shoot
>training all the time/shooting people?
Relax man or move. I can't tell if you're shooting people or just training all the time.
>>
I have a now discontinued Smith and Wesson 22A thats given me no problems. Some say the grips are too wide, but I have no trouble with them with my girlish manlet hands.

Not sure if you left out the other major contenders on purpose or not. The Browning Buckmark gets good reviews, I went with the S&W just because of cost. The Beretta Neos is another option, but I've heard of lots of quality control issues, at least years ago when I was picking out a pistol. Sig Mosquito was trash, cheap pot metal and shitty springs.

>>30159301
And then there is this. I bought a .22 pistol as my first gun because cheap and plentiful ammo. Now I have quite a bit of .22 stockpiled, but I'm terrified to shoot it because I can't refill my supplies.

Further, with the price creeping up, you have to ask what you are really getting. Near me, .22 is going for about $60/500 rounds. I can buy 9mm at $10/50 rounds. When I could get 4 times as many shots it made sense, now with less than 2:1, I might as well go bigger.

Even for plinking, a 9mm makes more sense anymore. Unless you want to do rimfire competitions or small game hunting with a pistol, I don't see a use for a .22 with current ammo costs.
>>
File: IMG_20130607_230224.jpg (1008 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130607_230224.jpg
1008 KB, 2592x1944
>>30154882
I own a Ruger MkIII and a Kimber conversion for the 1911. The MkIII is dead reliable with every ammo I feed it. But it is also tricky to break down.

I'm guessing the conversion kit costs about the same as a basic .22 pistol.

I'd look seriously at a Buck Mark Camper. My brother owns one and it is a solid little handgun that is dead accurate.
>>
>>30156517
they just came out with a ten shot .22lr GP100.
>>
love my ruger mk3

They've also increased in price here from $450 (stainless bull barrell) to $750 in 4 years
>>
>>30156517
>>30159025
>>30162755
also forgot to mention the lcr 22lr. Think its a snub 8 shot.
>>
Anyone know about the Sig mosquito?

Looked like a neat 22 semi auto and I'm thinking about getting one.
>>
>>30156517
I have the sp101. it is a tank and I have put over 1,000 rounds of different bullshit ammo through it and have only had two fte. One word of warning lead nose will quickly foul the chambers, I'm talking less than 100 shots, so have a way to clean that fouling or shoot fmj.
>>
Have s 22lr/22mag ruger single six with a 4" barrel. Always wished I got semi auto instead like ruger 22/45 with a longer barrel.
First gun so don't want to sell it.
>>
>>30154882
I have the SW 22 victory. It's a fun gun, very accurate, nice n weighty and super easy to clean. The finish on mine is shit, came with small pits in the frame and bolt. Also the extractor pin thing on mine was bent so it ftextract fucking always until I bent it to fix. Don't shoot anything faster than a mini mag, accidentally bought some hyper velocity 1435fps and it blows the extractor claw off a lot. All in all, 2000 rounds so far and it's OK, I like it but the pits on the frame bug me.
>>
Walter p22s are good. I've never had any of the problems you read about on the internet.

>inb4 muh cracked slides
>muh finicky with cheap ammo
>muh whatever else

Literally never had a problem with mine on even the cheapest ammo
>>
File: SpeedStripKit.jpg (71 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
SpeedStripKit.jpg
71 KB, 800x600
>>30155659
Majestic Arms speed strip kit. I just ordered one.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have a gsg 1911 in 22
They also brand then as sig 1911's
Shits golden. They fucked up putting paint on the slide rail and feeding ramp, took a razor to it and cleaned it up with some polish.

250 otd for the gun, and it shoots like a german whore fucks. Great trigger, and to clean it, dissasble like a 1911 and toss it in hot soapy water.

Even carry it as a cc because it's so smooth. No recoil, just that crack. Also it's threaded for a can if you want.
>>
Kinda in the same boat.

You can get a Buckmark or Ruger but it wont be unique.

You can get a Model 41 but from what I hear they can be picky with ammo.

You can convert a larger gun, but can be picky also.

Could get an old school Hi Standard but parts might be a little harder to find than newer guns.

The S&W Victory is a good choice. It's my 2nd choice but decided on a Ruger GP100 in .22 since I'd like to not have to worry about magazines or ammo pickiness for once. Would have gotten a Model 17 but wanted something new and didn't want the retarded lock. Pretty sure the S&W Victory is destined to be the next Buckmark/MKiii.

Either way don't kid yourself. Any 22 will probably outshoot you and be plenty reliable provided you stick to a normal sized pistol with a regular tier brand.
>>
>>30162768
Ruger mk 3 with mag speed loader is godly
>>
>>30154882
I'm in the market for one, and I've narrowed it down to three; a Colt, High Standard, or Buckmark.

What's the best choice?
>>
>>30162663
They have a ton of federal champion 500 round boxes at my local academy for 25 bucks. In fact they have a ton of 22 around here. The only thing they don't have are CCI mini mags. I cry every time.
>>
>>30163695

Yeah that looks like it. I never owned one but I saw someone take one apart like that at the range once.

Cool.
>>
>>30159874
>he doesn't have fun shooting.

You're not an actual gun enthusiast. Pls leave /k/ forever we pity you.
>>
File: ruger standard top 2245 bottom.jpg (65 KB, 380x500) Image search: [Google]
ruger standard top 2245 bottom.jpg
65 KB, 380x500
What's everyone's opinion on the Ruger Mk. III 22/45 grip vs. the standard grip?

I like that the 22/45 is like a 1911, but the standard grip angle looks neat.

I've not held either, but just wondering what you guys think.
>>
>>30165877
The /45 is going to feel more natural if you have larger hands. More space in the trigger guard for fat fingers too.
>>
>>30160334
>shoots thousands of people per month
>>
>>30165877
I prefer the look and feel of the standard grip. The 22/45 looks tacky and generic. Pretty much everything has that sort of grip angle.
>>
>>30165877

I like the 22/45 it feels good and is lighter.

But I think the stainless uppers look bad against the 22/45 polymer grip, and an all stainless mark II or III with wood grips looks far better.
>>
>>30159874
Use CLP or gloves or something you faggot
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.