[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evening, /k/omrades. I'm virtually brand new to weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: uc2791honshukarambitblack.jpg (21 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
uc2791honshukarambitblack.jpg
21 KB, 500x478
Evening, /k/omrades.

I'm virtually brand new to weapons and I'm in the market for a good self-defense knife. Bonus points for extra utility. This is my go-to because it looks sick and will definitely fuck someone up, doesn't seem to have much utility though.

What do you think? Any recommendations? What do you use?
>>
>>30152559
A sharp one
>>
>>30152559
A gun or heavy cane if you're that poor/live in a commie state.

Something in .380 or 9mm should be good for your nogunz wrists.
>>
>>30152559
trust me, you dont want to get into a knife fight.
Just learn how to run faster.
>>
>>30152559
http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm
>>
>>30152559

>knife
>self defense

Fuck that. Be a fast runner. If you want something for self defense, get a gun.
>>
File: kopassus_701v.jpg (66 KB, 700x686) Image search: [Google]
kopassus_701v.jpg
66 KB, 700x686
>>30152559
Slashing weapons are a meme. If you can't use a gun, run. If you must fight, use a long heavy cane or stick. If you insist on a knife, get a reasonably long stabby kind. Aim under the ribs (or in the asshole kek).
>>
File: Jim-Bowie.jpg (107 KB, 1024x1274) Image search: [Google]
Jim-Bowie.jpg
107 KB, 1024x1274
>>30153185
>Slashing weapons are a meme
>>
File: picunrelated.jpg (341 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
picunrelated.jpg
341 KB, 1024x683
>>30153222
Still more effect when used to stick a nigger than cut a nigger
>>
>>30153126
This. Pepper spray or sprayable tear gas would fuck someone up 10 times harder than trying to stab them like a little bitch and failing.
>>
>>30153222
>Painful but non life threatening superficial cuts vs deep arterial punctures
>>
File: archie_1461024c.jpg (22 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
archie_1461024c.jpg
22 KB, 460x288
>>30152559
>self-defense knife
Found OPs facebook pic.
>>
op this is what you want not that silly toy you posted. your knife is non ideal due to the fact that it is stupidly curved reducing any stabing potential it has by reducing both penetration depth and making the force travel at a disatvantougs angle through your wrist https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applegate%E2%80%93Fairbairn_fighting_knife
>>
read any book by this guy about knife fighting he was the real deal no fancy bull shit to look cool all about actual performance https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_E._Fairbairn
>>
>>30153313
You do realiZe what it's designed for right? It's an incredibly effective stabbing weapon, and slashing weapon. It's designed to cut tendons at the joints. You hook the knife underneath someone's armpit and slash as hard as you can you will disable that entire arm. Hook underneath the knee, you'll cripple their leg. And it can be used to stab into the abdomen, or cut open the throat. It's the best fighting knife in the entire world. Absolutely nothing can contest that.
>>
File: 1464476307922.jpg (34 KB, 330x549) Image search: [Google]
1464476307922.jpg
34 KB, 330x549
>>30153461
>It's the best fighting knife in the entire world
you know you need to be 18 to post here right ?
>>
>>30153461
tell me when your opponent lets you get close enough to their joints to get behind them and pull back. it is a Naruto shit tier knife, if it was so great we would see special forces carrying it and training with it, or having developed similar weapons. so far we have not. also I know its a poor stabing weapon as I have a similar knife it is too curved and will get stuck in target and reduce energy transfered
>>
>>30153461
I'm not sure if you have ever actually been in a fight or read about it but it is very hard to target specific locations even when you are trained with a knife due to your enemy combatant moving around constantly and if they have half a brain watching your moves and countering them by guarding. when I fight I keep my arms close to me similar to a boxing position so I can block grapple and dodge fairly fast with out exposing my armpit or interior elbow joints. tell me who fights with their arm pit exposed. no one. the fact is that if you went for the joints at best you might scrape a little bit of flesh from their biceps. at worst if they are wearing baggy clothes you just ripped their shirt not only that but now you are in grappling territory with one extended arm that can be grabbed and twisted or even broken. now I'm not an exhaustive fighting source who can back up their claims with real world experience but I have read books and been with people who have and from what I have seen you are making a poor weapon choice. similar to those who buy into fancy bullets with trocars and other marketing bullshit
>>
>>30153605
It may be hard to target specific locations but you can't just slash wildly with the knife, you have to know where your aiming for. A karambit blade knife will inflict a lot of damage. It won't just "scrape a little bit of flesh", it will hook inside and the blade will sever the tendon and cause major damage to the muscle tissue around that joint. And it's incredibly easy to get close to someone in a fight. If they throw a punch, grab their arm while its extended and cut inside the elbow or reach in and cut underneath the shoulder. If they throw a front kick which most people will do just grab their leg and slash behind the knee. I have not really been in a fight outside of some sparring in gyms but I know people who have, and the people I've talked to say that type of blade is very effective for knife fighting.
>>
>>30152559
Carry a knife as a tool, not a weapon. Unless you REALLY know what you're doing its virtually useless and you'll end up getting hurt a lot worse.
>>
File: Jim-Bowie.jpg (110 KB, 757x1136) Image search: [Google]
Jim-Bowie.jpg
110 KB, 757x1136
>>30153288
>not doing both with the same stroke of the knife
>>
>>30153288
>arteries cant be slashed
>>
File: 1427l1w.jpg (5 KB, 222x238) Image search: [Google]
1427l1w.jpg
5 KB, 222x238
>>30153325
>advocated the knife as a sentry elimination tool

>all his knife tactics in his manuals are ambushes on unsuspecting targets which would be fucking murder in nonmilitary contexts.

Pic related was his go-to non-firearm. Not many problems that can't be solved with a good smatchet strike.
>>
File: Smilodon_head.jpg (567 KB, 960x1126) Image search: [Google]
Smilodon_head.jpg
567 KB, 960x1126
>>30153866
That's generally true except for the one in the neck. Arteries in limbs tend to be shielded by bones in most external attacks. This isn't the human body's first time managing attack from sharp objects.
>>
>>30153746
>>30153605

>not ignoring all that fancy shit and going right for the throat
>>
>>30152559
OP no one wins in a knife fight, buy some trainers or a gym membership it will do much more for your self-defence.

Assuming you are a 14yo edge lord which your choice of weapon suggests, you will ignore this advice. If so buy a bowie style knife, as a karambit is near useless unless you know how to use it (youtube doesn't count)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.