[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the actual fuc/k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: IMAG2891.jpg (780 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2891.jpg
780 KB, 1520x2688
Went to range and then this happened. Ammo is 9mm Winchester white box. Gun used Springfield xds 4.0 . Shot 200 rounds after this happened with no issues. Can anyone shed light on this occurrence?
>>
File: mysteryofthedruids.jpg (31 KB, 528x640) Image search: [Google]
mysteryofthedruids.jpg
31 KB, 528x640
something's fucky
>>
>winchester white box
That's the problem
Winchester Shite Boxes are known for having incredibly shitty loads.
>>
Kinda looks like the case hung up on something when it went to feed and you continued slamming the slide into it, or you pulled a bullet and mangled the case with tools.
>>
>>30146252
>no primer strikes
>>
File: IMAG2885.jpg (745 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2885.jpg
745 KB, 1520x2688
didn't pull anything with tools. This happened midway through the mag. didn't notice anything until i picked the brass of the floor. Looks like there was no primer strike either.
>>
File: IMAG2892.jpg (765 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2892.jpg
765 KB, 1520x2688
case looks super clean inside as well. usually there is residue from the burnt powder.
>>
>wwb

there. Stop using shitty walmart ammo
>>
>>30146375
Yeah the powder dumped out when the bullet came off.
>>
>too much powder
>too much pressure in the round
>firing pin hits
>pressure pushes primer divot back out
>brass is fucked
>open the door
>get on the floor
>everybody walk the dinosaur
>>
Seeing as WWB is 3 round QC check failure ammo, I would say there isn't anything in particular need of needing light shed on it.
>>
>>30146530
>primer edge still has nice curve to it, isn't flattened
Wasn't an overpressure round. It got hung up on something and the case tore without it being fired.

Still probably the ammo's fault, after all
>WWB
>>
thanks guys.
>>
>>30146498
>when the bullet came off.

So, where's the bullet at now?

>Shot 200 rounds after this happened with no issues.

Lucky. Bullet could have gone into chamber when case was shredded. And the next round might have been really exciting.
>>
>>30146252
your thumb looks really strange

Are you some type of lizard/insect hybrid
>>
Shit. First Remmy, now Winchester with the awful QA.

That's God's way of telling you to get into handloading, OP.
>>
>>30146252
Don't just ask us to identify what the problem is without describing what happened. Did it shoot normally? Did it cause a malfunction? Honestly it looks like it wasn't even fired and it just got ripped apart when getting chambered and all the components fell out.
>>
>>30147578
Just saw the primer wasn't even struck so it is definitely that. Wwb has known qc issues and I've even seen 9mm rounds being seated just off of the case and the case mouth is partially smashed down.
>>
>>30146375
So if there's no primer strike why are you insinuating that you actually fired this round and didn't notice that your gun had a malfunction? This is kind of retarded honestly and your story doesn't make much sense, unless you mistakenly picked up someone else's brass and thought it was yours. You would have known some shit was up with your gun or ammo when you chambered that round or when it didn't fire.
>>
File: 1460132351853.jpg (486 KB, 1060x1600) Image search: [Google]
1460132351853.jpg
486 KB, 1060x1600
>government regulations are slowly forcing manufacturers to create shitty ammo because they can't legislate it away after failing to legislate guns away
>>
>>30146320
look at his fingers. does he look like someone who has tools?
>>
>>30150236
Only of the penile kind for his night shift.
>>
>>30146252
and it cycled fine through all of this? Just doesn't seem right. Almost looks like it failed to eject and the slide fucked it up.
>>
Saw a guy at a range last weekend shooting win white box 9mm, he came down to us and showed us a casing that was blown out just above the bottom. Said it blew his mag out. Kept shooting from different win white box and had the same thing happen again 10 mins later.

I don't ever plan on buying that shit.
>>
As said many times in this thread
>WWB
That is your problem
>>
>>30146252
What is this, retard day?
>>
>>30146252
>Muh wwb sucks meme
Nogunz shouldn't be allowed to post here.
>>
>>30146252
>Springfield XDS
>GRIP ZONE
>R
>I
>P
>Z
>O
>N
>E

Found your problem...
>>
When did winchester white box become such shitty ammunition? I've shot nearly 1000 rounds in the past few months without problems.
>>
>>30150755
It's the latest bandwagon the memesters are jumping on
>>
>>30150778
>>
>>30150483
>>30150755
>>30150778
WWB is one of my favorite target rounds but you can get VERY nasty QC sometimes.
I've had boxes of .357 and .38 literally filled halfway with duds, but my favorite was when I got a .40 S&W loaded backwards.
>>
>>30146252
Heh, buddy i introduced to shooting brought his brand new Glawk 19 and almost Glawked his Glawk when he had a stovepipe and didn't realized what was going with WWB.
>>
>>30146252
I have the same problem with my xd45. Mine cones from the spring being to strong for lighter target loads. I can't use anything loaded to ipsc minimums because it won't cycle. I've learned that your particular issue happens on the feed ramp. As it's factory ammo I'll suggest looking at the internals for exessive wear. Look into aftermarket springs, 45 doesn't have them but 40 and 9mm do. Perhaps look over your extractor spring if this was caused in conjunction with a fte. Then there is always the polish the feed ramp suggestion I've gotten in the past. If you're lucky it was just something fucky with that one round as a small chance of ever happening. If you're not I would say look into the weaker guide springs. Or make sure it's a good mag.
>>
>>30147673
it's the applebees shark
>>
>>30150516
>springfield xds

there's your problem
>>
I've never had an issue with winchester white .380 95gr flat nose. Or their 5.56. In fact the .380 is my carry ammo and the 5.56 is my competition ammo. I've shot about 400 rds of the .380 and a couple grand in 5.56.

OP is retard or 3/10 troll.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.