[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw this on online and for a second, it actually got me wondering.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1668x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1668x853
I saw this on online and for a second, it actually got me wondering.

What if the Roman Empire existed as it did back then up to today? Like, how the hell would the soviet state react to such a thing? Most of their union would be in the Roman lines so there'd be. What.
I dunno.
>>
>>30145959
>Like, how the hell would the soviet state react to such a thing?
No reaction, the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (458 KB, 2237x1400) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
458 KB, 2237x1400
>>30145959
>soviet state
You mean Mongol Empire?
>>
>>30145959

>free movement of kebab.

Yeah, no thanks.
>>
>>30145959
for starters, why do you think there'd be a Soviet state if Rome survived?
Exercise a braincell for once you oxygen thief
>>
File: murdock strikes back.png (156 KB, 301x316) Image search: [Google]
murdock strikes back.png
156 KB, 301x316
>>30145989
>the only noteworthy thing they ever conquered was baghdad
>>
>>30145959
First off, there were dozens of reasons for the Roman Empire to collapse. Not the least of which was that it was an Empire and no longer a republic which meant that one bad string of emperors would royally fuck the entire nation.

There was also issues with overextension where the newly conquered territories were too far to effectively manage and the senate growing corrupt and the money running out and etc. etc. etc.

Second off, the fall of rome was a BIG thing that led to the rise of every western european power in the world. The British Empire, the French Empire, the Portuguese Empire, the Spanish Empire, all these nations rose out of the remnants of the Roman Empire. The British and French Empires actually defined most of the 18th and 19th centuries as they went a-conquering and a-colonizing. all over the world.

So actually making any kind of sensical predictions for this kind of thing is effectively impossible.
>>
>>30146180
>Second off, the fall of rome was a BIG thing that led to the rise of every western european power in the world. The British Empire, the French
think you're confusing HRE and the Roman Empire here
>>
>cobble all of the Mediterranean states together with none of the functional Northern European states to pay for them

Let's just say that the same thing would happen, but much more quickly this time.
>>
>>30146008

>I'm a retard that knows nothing about the Yuan dynasty or the silk road.
>>
>>30146445
No, I'm talking about the gladius wielding, road build, bloodsport loving people of Italy. Britain and France were originally colonized by them which is why we've got so much latin in english and french.

The Holy Roman Empire really wasn't holy, nor roman, and not much of an empire but really just a german thing. It didn't influence much of anything and at times co-existed with France and Britain. Mind, Britain was England at the time but I digress.
>>
>>30146673
>Not holy
Yeah they were weren't they backed by the pope?
>Not roman
Based out of previous roman territory
>Not an empire
But they meet the criteria for an empire
>>
>Europe
>not EU
the one who made that map is a shithead.
>>
>what if
Yay I love this thread

What if we nuked africa, south america, India, israel, the UK, russia, and the middle east?

No more shitskins to deal with
>>
>>30147378
Why nuke UK and not USA instead? USA has way more shitskins than UK
>>
>>30146528
>gooks
>noteworthy
:^)
>>
>>30146767
>backed by the pope
It also spawned the protestant reformation and also was the location of the Peace of Westphalia, which created the basis for permanent reduction of church power.
>Based out of previous roman territory
Most of it was not, including most of the capital cities through the history of the HRE. In fact, the kingdom of italy was one of the first major parts of the HRE to no longer be part of it.
>But they meet the criteria for an empire
For its earlier history sure, but calling the HRE of the habsburgs an empire is a joke. The Emperor barely had any actual power over any members of the "empire"
>>
>>30145959
The feeling when you know that the moment your county joins the EU, EU will begin a sprint towards collapse and brutal war of ethnic cleansing, genocide and poverty
>>
File: holy roman empire.png (4 MB, 1778x2014) Image search: [Google]
holy roman empire.png
4 MB, 1778x2014
>>30146767
>"Holy Roman Empire".

This is very difficult to say while keeping a straight face. I wonder who can, because indeed it is hard.

"Holy", you say, while grinning like Voltaire did. "Holy", it is its name. But then, thinking of "Holy", you think about all the Emperors who were excommunicated. You think about all those who tried to fuck with the pope. You think about the wars of religion and how many of them ended up as protestant heretics.

But then, the funniest is coming: "Roman". Yes, now, you cannot contain your laughter. "Roman", it is called despite the fact that this "Roman" body is standing on Germania, a land so harsh and poor that the Legions of Rome refused to set foot on it. A germanic and barbaric people, yes, but still calling themselves "Roman".

And now, here is the end of the fun: "Empire". Now you fell on the ground, laughing so hard that you cannot breathe. An "Empire", a body made of dozens of petty duchies and counties, all fighting for themselves, giving strange names to their position, full of Grand-Dukes or Archdukes. An "Empire" who will stay between Poland and France, while the great powers of Europe will create colonies all around the world.

>"Holy"
>"Roman"
>"Empire"
>>
File: 1457741478886.jpg (440 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1457741478886.jpg
440 KB, 2048x1365
>>30148151
Way to invalidate your point, chump.
>>
>>30148459
THANK CHRIST AT LEAST SOME KNOW THEIR HISTORY
>>
>>30148459

you. I like you. you can stay.
>>
Ever since learning about Rome in elementary school I've always wondered how North America would have been if the Romans had made a concerted effort to conquer it.
>>
>>30145959

The EU should have been built as a rebirth of the Roman empire
>>
>>30148459
You are a sexy beast.
>>
>>30145959

How the hell is Cyprus in it if Turkey is still occupying half of it?
>>
>>30145959

China and India were so rich and populated at the time (including American and Middle East, African empires) that the Roman Empire at that time would be Italy of today.

I shit you not. You only have a skewed view of the roman empire due to poor media, education, etc.
>>
>>30148993
Nobody gave a fuck about Italy post WWII. The EU got started as an economic treaty between France and Germany.
>>
File: c6-charlemagne3.jpg (262 KB, 494x597) Image search: [Google]
c6-charlemagne3.jpg
262 KB, 494x597
>>30148459
Say that to Charlemagne fucko
>>
>>30148459
what the fuck is this /his/ meme doing in /k/
>>
>>30152651
Who cares?
It's by far the best thing to come out of /his/
>>
>>30145959
>EUrome
>not eurasian-superstate
fuck off tomato cunt
>>
>>30146673
>>30148459
That's why it's called Germanic Holy Roman Empire
>>
File: 1454373565803.png (249 KB, 2000x1400) Image search: [Google]
1454373565803.png
249 KB, 2000x1400
>>30153796
>not the Finno-Korean Hyper War
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 500x313
>>30146008
>not realising Russians had to give the Mongols food and gold to not get raped and pillaged for hundreds of years
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.