[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CZ Scorpion opinion? Looking to add an SMG to my collection.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (869 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
869 KB, 1920x1080
CZ Scorpion opinion?

Looking to add an SMG to my collection. It is between the CZ Scorpion or the MP5 clone from Atlantic...

Anyone here ever shoot a Scorpion? Thought?

Also what do you guys think about having a SMG in your SHTF arsenal? All of my pistols are 9mm so most of my ammo stash is 9mm. I think a SMG would be a great addition. Thoughts?
>>
Fags
>>
K sucks now
>>
>>30142638
>memeopta
>shitty ass insight
>fake suppressor

0/10
>>
>>30142638
get a 9mm AR
>>
I own one, fucking love it. Its great once its SBR'd. One complaint is the stock trigger pull is over 10lb, but a $8 spring kit will cut it down to 5lb. And I wish the rails were detachable, gripping the lower rail can be uncomfortable.

>>30143424
>Can't use folding stocks
>Rear charging handle
>More expensive
>Gas in face when suppressed
>>
They're great little guns. Not particularly utilitarian vs an intermediate carbine, but SBR one and they're super light and handy. I opted for a sub 2000 over one but you can't go wrong with either.

They'll have a 16" BBL carbine version soon.
>>
File: scorpion is a meme gun.jpg (434 KB, 1376x1479) Image search: [Google]
scorpion is a meme gun.jpg
434 KB, 1376x1479
>>30142638
please don't, save yourself from mediocre at best quality, feels like a toy, staple gun trigger, high quality polymer like pic related.

just get MP5 clone, it's less likely to shit itself.
>>
>>30143658
>just get something that's been obsolete for 20 years and costs 3x more
>>
>>30143658
Seconded, I'm very happy with my MP5 clone from Zenith.

>>30144453
>obsolete
The MP5 is still top dog, compadre.
>>
>>30142638

>SMG

you mean pistol caliber carbine, right?
>>
File: 20160407_191313.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160407_191313.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>30142638
I would tell you to go with the mp5 clone.They are stupendously fun.
>>
>>30144624
>/k/ - Autism
>>
Magazines are impossible to find and expensive. You want readily available, reliable magazines in a SHTF situation.

On top of that, the thing is shit. And I'm a CZcuck through and through.
>>
>>30146021

>$15 for a 30rd
>expensive
nigga I think you have the wrong hobby
>>
>All of these faggots recommending turkshit no5 clones.
>>
>>30146066
Mp5* fuck off phone.
>>
Why not just get a carbine attachment for your glock?
>>
>>30144617
Not a chance.
>>
>>30145722
what an abomination
>>
>>30147801
She'll be SBRd soon enough. Stupid fucking waiting times.
>>
>>30142638
Everything I've read is it's great for the price, and there's quite a bit of after-market parts that address most complaints already.

But no one would take it over more highly priced options: MP5 clone, an MPX or an APC9.

I'm with that crowd. I have only shot an MP5 (yes, a full-retard MP5, but I also shot it in semi-auto) and handled a few clones and legit H&K models. Also handled the MPX in an SBR form and a Scorpion... I would take the Scorpion last.

Still seems like an awesome gun, and it's an amazing price that's hard to argue against ($740 entry vs $1,200 for the MPX), but I'd rather save my money and get something more desirable. Most notably any MP5 clone... there's something amazingly awesome about them.
>>
>>30142638
Kinda meh about it desu
>>
>>30142638
get a MPX instead
>>
K is great
>>
>>30148102
>But no one would take it over more highly priced options: MP5 clone, an MPX or an APC9.
Really, becuase what I've been seeing on the net is that people love the evo 3 and would rather buy it over other guns if they weren't brand loyal due to cost and that the only major issue is the safety digging into their hands (which can be fixed).

And quite a few people have the more expensive option AND the evo 3 due to how cheap it is.
>>
File: 06.jpg (480 KB, 744x1200) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
480 KB, 744x1200
Its only real competition kinda suck, so it gets a free pass.

>MP5
>costs as much as a transferable

>MPX
>just a proprietary 9mm AR, sucks shit for suppressing

>Uzi
>heavy as shit, ergos stuck in the 90s

>Sub2000
>hard to find, made of cheap plastic and drywall screws, trigger is dogshit

>Calico
>lol wtf is this, muh reliability, sights on magazine

>CX4
>actually a great gun, but expensive for what it is and not modular at all

>Hi Point
>It's a hi point

>AKX9
>holy balls these are expensive

>APC9
>holy balls these are expensive

>Tavor 9mm
>what the fuck are you even doing
>>
Fun
Accurate
reliable
no recoil
not very loud
cheap to shoot

I loved mine.

>just buy a turkroach mp5 clone and support terrorism!

Fuck off faggots
>>
>>30143601
rail covers
>>
>>30144617
what ammo do you use? is steel case better? I just bought one and first time out was so so.
I know enough not to blame the gun. I suspect ammo. would appreciate recommendations.
>>
>>30147934
I single point these type of firearms. under left arm and around the neck when you bring it up it creates a cheek rest to aid in sight alignment.
20 rounds from a draco 8" at 25 yds firing as fast as I can.
>>
>>30149567
you can get a MP5 for $5000?
>>
>>30145722
I'm not too familiar with the SBR Sig brace legal mumbo dance but is that not considered a stock?
>>
>>30150089
It's a "blade" brace. You strap it to the side of your arm instead of around.

Y'know. Totally.
>>
>>30142638
Do it bro. I'm waiting on my stamps for sbr and omega 9k.

Already have 922r parts kit, gun, trigger spring kit, t1 micro. I don't even want to shoot it until I can sbr it.
>>
>>30150623
Why the 9k, out of curiosity?
I was tossing up one and the Octane, went with the octane because it's more pistol friendly.
>>
>>30150089
the current standing by BATFE is that as long as you DO NOT shoulder the gun with a brace you are good.
>>
I like it, but you can't leave the mags loaded without it destroying the feed lips.
>>
>>30150668
I plan on sharing it with a 300blk eventually, also like that it is short.
>>
>>30150675
>a few dropped mags posted on the internet mean they're all shit
>>
>>30150750
both of mine cracked and one literally broke a feed lip off after being loaded and they are RMA'd right now.
>>
>>30142638

>smg

Is full auto? If yes it's a submachine gun
Is it an SBR? if yes, get a supressor and Gucci it up bruh
Is it not full auto nor an SBR? enjoy your pistol.

Faggot I bet you call an AR-15 an M4
>>
>>30150672
Sort of. BAFTE have actually said that people are not forbidden from shouldering the SIG brace but that the overall intent of whether they will normally shoulder it plays a part in the decision. It's vague as fuck and I expect them to flip flop back and forth at their convenience. Lock up your dogs.
>>
>>30150775
Early 20 round mags used the same spring as 30 round mags, and can damage the feed lips.

10 or 30 rounders should have no issue. 20s should have been fixed by now, but who knows what are still floating in the market place.

Although some people have claimed damage on 30 rounders as well. I don't know how wide spread that is.

I don't think I've seen anything about 10 rounders
>>
>>30142638
Save the money and buy the Zenith over the Atlantic clone. Its better.
>>
>>30150787
Everyone knew what he meant, don't be so pedantic about an extremely common colloquial term. It just makes you sound like an asshole. Not that anyone should have any genuine expectation of anything less, this IS 4chan after all, but thanks for living up to a stereotype.
>>
>>30143658
Also enjoying the fuck out of my Zenith MP5 clone. It will probably be my most fun fun when my Form 1 clears
>>
>>30143658
>>30144453
Why get a glock when you could get a top break revolver!
>>
>>30150042
It came with a sling and it is pretty comfy, but all the same gonna SBR it. Will probably just keep it in sling/forward grip mode.
>>
>>30143601
>more expensive
Nigger you can build a 9mm AR "pistol" for like $600.
>gas in face when suppressed
Same with a Scorpion or literally any other semi-auto firearm. Except it can be solved on "good" piston guns or all DI guns with an adjustable gas block.
>>
>>30156000
>Same with a Scorpion
No
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.