[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Irrational fears
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: image.gif (415 KB, 354x230) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
415 KB, 354x230
Let's list some things we're scared of that we shouldn't be (or that are rare enough to not really be an issue).

>I am mortified that I'll get into a defensive shoot and my CCW will jam and I'll only get one or two rounds off before getting killed

Background:
I carry a full size m&p 9 that I clean and maintain regularly and has yet to have an issue that wasn't fixed by racking the slide but still that shit haunts me.
>>
>>30130683
Cant sleep with my back to a door or a window need my back to touch something solid
if my back loses contact i will immediately wake up
>>
>>30130683
Aliens
>>
>>30130683
Being stuck in a T-34 tank during a ammo cook off.
>>
>>30130683
I'm deathly afraid of the Happening going down while I'm at work, many miles away from my guns.
>>
>>30130859
why not have a gun in the trunk of your car bro?

>thats what i do
>>
>>30130770
I have the reverse of this my back needs to face an open space
>>
>>30130683
I'm afraid of Scrooge McDuck from Duck Tales looking at me from the side of my bed while I sleep
>>
>>30130874
Company trucks are driven to work sites, and I don't carry guns in my car out of fear of having any one of my dindu nuffin former felon coworjers try to steal it out of my car
>>
>>30130882
thats spoopy are you bizzaro me?

do you hate asian women?
do you love sugar?
>>
>>30130683
>Got a thing against spiders. Just fuck me up.
>can't sleep well on anything other than the floor
>I am going to scare off another mailman by sleeping with my SKS on the couch
>>
>>30130909
you can hide it in the spare tire area doubt your dindu co workers can search a car well
>>
>>30130683
Unwanted houseguests. Stories of hobos and crackheads secretly living in homes creep me the fuck out. I haven't had a problem in my house, but if I ever move, the first day I get in a new home I'm going to clear every single room with a rifle, and try to find secret doors and chambers.
>>
>>30130945
I actually not scared by crackheads and feel bad hurting sometimes man they are more like feral animals than humans

i feel bad for the person they once were
>>
>>30130683

>must sit facing door at restaurant
>must sleep facing door at home
>must leave backpack unzipped at work for quick access to pistol under my desk
>must play vidya with one ear phone off
>must dart eyes around area scanning for threats while out in public like im the doomguy

tbqh it sucks, senpai. the only time i can relax is when im at home.
>>
>>30130683
I'm really really scared of centipedes.
>>
>>30130979
>must sit facing door at restaurant
pretty normal familia

>but i did live in mexico where fuckers would run up in there armed and ready to rob it
>>
>>30130925
Not the anon you were responding to, but if it's hidden well enough not to be found by a co-worker, it won't be convenient to get to. Also, work trucks get sent for service and shared quite a bit (in my experience).

>personal irrational fear:
My mother will find out I own guns, somehow steal them, then leave them outside on the sidewalk to be stolen by criminals, all in an effort by her to prevent crime. I love her dearly but she tends to not think things through and runs on pure emotional impulse rather then logic.
>>
>>30130999
Is it because of their curved hollow fangs? Thwir paralyzing venom? Or because they're nimble navigators?
>>
>>30131088
>but if it's hidden well enough not to be found by a co-worker, it won't be convenient to get to.

better than being miles away rather be able to get to my gun in 3-5mins than having to trek back home m8

but yeah the work truck thing is a bitch
>>
>>30130817
Yeah certain grays creep me out. I have a fear that for some reason they'll make contact with me and they think it's ok to say hey in the middle of the night and I shoot one in a panic, either A putting humanity on a shit list and I'm known as "that asshole who barred us from joining an intergalactic federation" or B the government takes me away and no one ever hears from me again...

Maybe I need to lay off of my netflix X Files binge...
>>
>>30130945
Get a thermal camera; cheap models are actually affordable now. Bonus: in addition to finding secret hiding spots, they can be used to find structural problems, holes in the building envelope, vermin infestations, etc. before you buy the house.
>>
My irrational fear is going bald or hitting a kid when I'm driving
>>
>>30131116
Also you get to roleplay as the predator hunting for crackheads.
>>
>>30131139
You've convinced me to strap a cheap thermal camera to my shotgun. Fuck, what have you done.
>>
>>30131094
All of the above.

They're like if fear itself was condensed into a creature and they gave it just enough legs to be disturbing and not enough to be cute
>>
>>30130925
>>30131088
>>30131104

I work with several former felons who were in for things including grand theft auto, armed robbery and illegal firearm possession. The work is on-call so everyone arrives at the main office as jobs come in, at wildly different times. I am away from my car for up to 16 hours at a time. And yes, the work trucks are cycled. Also, CCing on work sites is expressly forbidden.
>>
>>30131160
My job is done here. Happy hunting.
>>
>>30130945
I wouldn't care if someone lived in my house provided they picked up after themselves, honestly.
>>
>>30131184
damn that sucks anon
>>
>>30131111
The movie Signs ruined aliens for me, so now in the early hours of the morning i hear a knock or something immediately want to flood the basement and hide
>>
>>30131210
The good news is that if any of those dindus follow me back to my house, My gun safe is sturdy enough to survive a nuking, and I have my AR loaded up with 30 rounds of real fuckin' NATO.
>>
>>30131184
>I work with several former felons who were in for things including grand theft auto, armed robbery and illegal firearm possession.
>Also, CCing on work sites is expressly forbidden.
Fucking... I don't even.

Just saying, you can make something like an LCP disappear better than you'd expect. I've been carrying a 4.0" XD-S in a non-permissive (but legal) environment for over 2 years now, never been made.
>>
>>30131116
Welp, I've kind of wanted one for a while now, and never even thinking of people hiding in my house before, I now want one.
>>
>>30131242
I've considered carrying my Makarov with me, because at this point I'm thinking that I'd rather lose my job than my life.
>>
>>30130683
I'm scared I'll get drunk one day and either off myself or hurt someone.
Haven't touched a drink in close to five years but I was a shit bag who drank and drinking encouraged my inner shit bag to get out.
>>
>>30131182
Buddy of mine had some bug class in college where the prof brought in a bowl that had paper towels and a centipede in it and he had tongs to grab it. It was supposedly super fast and very poisonous. He said if you see me run, you all run too. Fuck that heh I'd skip that day
>>
Wouldn't call it an irrational fear, more like regularly occurring invasive thoughts, but

Often, if I'm in any one place out in public for too long, I start trying to come up with escape plans should some vague, worst case scenario happen at a moment's notice. If stuck in a room with other people, I question whether or not I'd be able to work with them in an emergency or if there would be any way to make use of them to increase my own chances of survival to certain extents – i.e., using them as human shields, danger fodder, etc.

Sometimes I'll even look around an enclosed space, try to work out a mental blueprint of the building, and question whether or not it would be a good place to secure and hold out within during an emergency situation as well. Maybe come back there once I'm loaded with my guns and supplies.
>>
>>30130683

I'm afraid of being killed in a gunfight where I've been incapacitated but alive and my opponent just walks up and executes me. Like Dinkheller. I can't imagine how those last few seconds would feel, knowing that you've been beat and nothing can stop this guy from ending your life.
>>
>>30131272
That's a healthy thing to think. You can always find another job.
>>
>>30131233
Yeah that footage from the birthday party freaked me the fuck out when I first saw it but showjng the alien at the end kinda diffused it for me. Doesn't have the same effect.
>>
>>30131306
>that screaming
Shit sticks with you, man.
>>
>>30131303
I do that too. Where I work has a fuckton of bottled water and canned dog food in storage. In a SHTF situation, it'd probably be my best bet to secure the warehouse
>>
>>30131323
Fucking cornfields
>>
>>30131303

I always do this in crowded areas. At concerts I stay back away from the stage. Stay near doors at large events or crowded bars, and if I'm higher than ground level I question if a jump from the window would be an acceptable means of escape.

>>30131323

I don't know what it is about that birthday party scene. It still freaks the fuck out of me but seeing the alien at the end doesn't.
>>
>>30130683
getting deployed and blown up by an IED
>>
File: 1463966719794.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463966719794.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
I'm deathly afraid of bleeding and blood. I'm even more scared of getting a severed artery especially on my thigh. I'm extremely careful not to put any pressure on my thigh since it makes me feel uneasy.
>mfw going to appendix carry a striker fired gun with no safety soon
>>
>>30130683
I fear that I will need to use my CCW in a totally legitimate scenario and then lose the criminal case because liberals and be in jail for potentially the rest of my life or lose the almost inevitable civil case and be a poorfag for the rest of my life
>>
>>30131382
>not having NRA insurance

They are the biggest swinging dick in the room, even if you dan't like them you have to admit that. If they cannot bail out of even the deepest darkest pit of liberalism you probably fucked up and fucked up bad.
>>
>>30131382

Won't lie, I'm also afraid of this but to more of the extent that, even if I won the civil case, my reputation in the eyes of the public will be forever tarnished and, for all I know, I might have to deal with dindu retribution for the rest of my life.
>>
File: 250px-ArthurMitchellDexter.jpg (20 KB, 250x362) Image search: [Google]
250px-ArthurMitchellDexter.jpg
20 KB, 250x362
Not so much a fear but something that I think about sometimes is whether or not I could escape from a group of people I'm around.

In class, at restaurants, elevators, atms, whatever. If all the surrounding people just came for me at the same time, what could I do to defend myself or escape.

There's not an emotional component to it. It's just kind of a hypothetical.
>>
>>30131377
Anon have you considered a striker fired WITH safety?

Pt709 from taurus runs about $275-300

Safety on trigger and manual thumb safety. 9mm, 7+1 rounds. They make it in .40 too.

Not a bad gun, safety is very ergonomic, very light overall. Could be worth the peice of mind.
>>
>>30131483

If everyone comes at you at the same time, nine times out of ten I'd say you're fucked.
>>
>>30131499
>Taurus
>peace of mind
That being said that is a pretty good idea to find striker guns with safeties.
>>
File: shield 9.jpg (123 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
shield 9.jpg
123 KB, 600x450
>>30131499
>Anon have you considered a striker fired WITH safety?

Nah, I'm perfectly fine without one. It's going to be a little jarring to carry pic at first but I'll get over it.

Already have pic
>>
File: plz-b-kind.png (19 KB, 1298x779) Image search: [Google]
plz-b-kind.png
19 KB, 1298x779
>>30130770
>Cant sleep with my back to a door or a window need my back to touch something solid

Check. Have to watch the door(s) with one eye open. Have to check every place someone could be concealed. Have to lightly blockade doors so I can hear them if they're opened.

>>30131273
>I'm scared I'll get drunk one day and either off myself or hurt someone.

Check. One year sober. Stopped it before it became a problem, but shit. I'd sleep with a weapon but I still don't trust myself to not have a bad night and suck it off.

>>30131303

Check. Every time I leave the house, it's detection routes whilst getting from A to B. Watching all the cars. Did I see him earlier or was it just a similar model? When I get to B I'm always sure of a couple escape routes and I get uneasy when there aren't.

>>30130979
>>must play vidya with one ear phone off

I hate this. VR looks like a hell of a lot of fun, but I don't think I'll ever feel safe enough to enjoy it.

Well /k/ thanks for the support group thread. Nice to know i'm not alone.
>>
>>30131382

I worry about this a little but in my area I should be fine. But still, kind of crazy that everyone up to and including POTUS could be against me in a situation where I defend myself against a black person. Or hell, look at those guys in Minneapolis who faced charges for defending themselves against a violent mob. It is definitely fair to be afraid of charges because you chose to defend yourself while being white.
>>
>>30131503
Agreed. That's my summation most of the time.

The only times I figure I have a chance are if I'm near a window or doorway.

There's not really an emotional component to it. It's just a thought puzzle.

What's the fastest way out? Easiest way out? If I had to fight how could I limit the number of attackers? Stuff like that.
>>
>>30131303
That's just good practice.

Always have an escape plan, always have designated cover, always check out the people near you, behind you, and to your sides.

I do this quite often, because it honestly doesn't take much time. Just take note of where people and objects are around you.

Doing things like that are really the majority of what will really save your life if SHTF in a store or something. Your weapon will do nothing if you don't realize when shit is about to go down and you can draw it before you get jumped or worse.
>>
>>30131515
This is why I got a Shield with a safety. I may not ever use it, but it's better to have it and not need it. Hell, that's why we carry, isn't it?
>>
Werewolves and similar monsters are my deepest fear.
Which is convenient since they don't exist.

The fucker pictured here and the movie Silver Bullet is what started it when I was a kid.
>>
File: haleydrill.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
haleydrill.gif
4 MB, 480x270
>>30131483
>what could I do to defend myself or escape.

Learn how to do multiple target drills and most importantly, learn situational awareness.

That means not dressing like you make 200k a year in a bad neighborhood at 2 am in the morning. Also carry a subcompact with ~10 rounds
>>
>>30130683

Sometimes when I come home I'm afraid that someone is lying in wait in my house and will ambush me when I'm bent over taking my shoes off. Like they're waiting and rush me once they hear my laces getting pulled.

I also stopped sleeping with my bedside gun chambers after a night of sleepwalking. Not even going to get close to a chance of that situation happening.
>>
File: Helldarknessmyoldfriend.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Helldarknessmyoldfriend.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Nuclear Exchange

Ever once in a while I'll have a dream of being in a nuclear exchange and I'll wake up in a cold sweat every time.

Even after extensively reading Oppenheimer threads and even reading a book about Russia's nuclear armaments I still have a extreme fear about even one nuke going in a non peaceful matter.

I'll admit though the Hotline Miami 2 ending kinda calmed my fear about a nuclear exchange because if a nuclear exchange happens maybe dying isn't as scary as it sounds. The world is already fucked anyway.
>>
>>30131556
I don't like the idea of having a safety and telling yourself "oh but I won't use it" because worst case scenario (which training with ccw is) can mean the safety engaging and fail you at a critical time.

That being said, having a manual safety is great if you ever need to off body carry for whatever reason.
>>
>>30131562
>tfw strongly am considering getting silver tipped bullets
Haha. Just for novelty of course. There are no such thing as cryptids.
>>
>>30131570
>I also stopped sleeping with my bedside gun chambers after a night of sleepwalking.

My drawer gun never has a round chambered. I keep it in its holster, but if shit went down the fact that I already had to open a draw and get out my gun is taking too much time anyways. What does adding an extra half second to rack the slide matter at that point.

If a guy is already in your room by the time you realize they're in your house, you're fucked anyways if they want to hurt you, unless you literally sleep with a loaded and chambered pistol under your pillow, which is really not a good idea.
>>
File: Tony.png (878 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Tony.png
878 KB, 3000x3000
>>30131574
That whole plot of that game pissed me off
>>
File: 1400042727779.jpg (195 KB, 1598x825) Image search: [Google]
1400042727779.jpg
195 KB, 1598x825
>>30130683
>Let's list some things we're scared of that we shouldn't be
>>30130817
>Aliens
>>30131111
>Yeah certain grays
>grays
THIS SHIT. HOLY FUCK. I get into a lot of /x/ stuff, and while Skinwalker stories creep me out and some other /x/ shit leaves me wary, the thought of those big-headed, black-eyed fucking gray faggots just equally terrifies and enrages me.

I don't know what it is about 'em, I just can't fucking stand the thought.

>>30131136
>hitting a kid when I'm driving
Also this. This would just crush me if I killed some poor kid on accident.
>>
>>30131574
Ditto for the ending. I actually have the song at the end on my phone now so that just in case it ever happens, I'll have it blasting into my ears as I'm consumed by nuclear fire.
>>
>>30131600

No, I think it would crush the kid instead.
>>
>>30131592
>unless you literally sleep with a loaded and chambered pistol under your pillow, which is really not a good idea.

If you do this with a double action with a redundant safety like a beretta or cz, it is. I might start sleeping with my P226 with one in the chamber now I have it set up as my designated HD gun.
>>
>>30131619
>No, I think it would crush the kid instead.

I meant emotionally. I don't think I could live with myself.
>>
This whole thread is turbo autism.
>>
>>30131633

I know what you meant.

I'm making light of a grim scenario.
>>
>>30131512
The 709 and g2 millenniums are pretty good, memes aside.

I know their QC is hit and miss on some models, but for some reason they can make Glock knock offs pretty well.
>>
>>30131637
no u
>>
>>30131600

I get worried at night when I hit a pothole that I actually ran over a baby and didn't know it.
>>
>>30130683

I'm a big guy. A really big guy. Like, people stare at me constantly and it makes me feel pretty paranoid sometimes because literally everywhere I go people are starring at me.

i've also always been afraid of cops. not in they way you might think. I watch "cops" on tv and see them just up and grab people unexpectedly. I'm terrified that one day, I'll be talking to a cop, and he'll just grab me out of nowhere, and I'll end up breaking his jaw out of reflex. stand my big ass before a judge and they will never believe it was anything other than intentional. the idea of ending up serving time and becoming a felon because I hit a cop out of reflex is always running through my head whenever I'm talking to one.

i realize this sounds dumb as hell, but you asked.
>>
>>30131582
That's a fair point, but depends on the gun. The Shield has a pretty low-profile, stiff safety, so I don't worry about that at all. There's a lot of guns that I wouldn't be okay with it, though, lots of loose levers out there.
>>
>>30130683
spiders
>>
>>30131652

I know the whole point of this thread is "irrational" fears, but why would you think a baby would be lying on the road in the middle of the night?
>>
File: SquatchMan&AK.jpg (128 KB, 396x716) Image search: [Google]
SquatchMan&AK.jpg
128 KB, 396x716
>>30131679
>I'm a big guy. A really big guy

How big?
>>
>>30131693
>but why would you think a baby would be lying on the road in the middle of the night?

Not what that anon is thinking but criminals have been known to place baby carriages out in the road or whatever to lure unsuspecting people to try to help.

Had a case like this near my area a few years ago.
>>
>>30131648
muh what if my masturbatory hero fantasies come true muh
>>
>>30131679

That's fair to think that. Seeing the stuff that police officers get off for makes me wary of them and want to avoid any encounter. An encounter with a police officer makes me feel about the same way as an encounter with a sketchy hooded guy at 2 am.
>>
>>30131707

6"10'
300lbs

I guess it doesn't help that I'm also shaved bald, bearded, covered in tattoos and regularly wear sleeveless shirts.

>yeah, I'm THAT guy

it's hard to find shirts with sleeves that dont feel like they're strangling my arms
>>
>>30131707
For you
>>
>>30131732
>6"10'
>300lbs

Y-

What the fuck, are you my long-lost brother?
>>
>>30131620
You know. I thought what if you cut a slit in the mattress? Of course everyone has different mattresses. But like a foam temperpedic or whatever. A pocket could hold a gun with the muzzle facing the away from the inside of the bed as not to hurt anyone on the other side of the bed. Or facing inside if you are alone? See what I mean?
>>
>>30131693

I'm worried that I hit a baby that walked into the road and I didn't see it because it was dark outside and the baby was below my sightline. Maybe the mom was unloading a car that was street parked and the child just toddled out into the street and BAM I just destroy the kid. Then she catches my plate number and the next day I'm arrested for vehicular babyslaughter. A very irrational fear, yes.
>>
File: are you me..png (359 KB, 465x305) Image search: [Google]
are you me..png
359 KB, 465x305
>>30131746

>lost brother

you never know. do I look like you?
>>
>>30130945
lol same here. Utterly horrifying. Every time I see one of these in the news I find some excuse to check my attic and shed.

I panic slightly when I see trees blowing in the wind and can't hear the leaves rustling. Comes from some tree creature I imagined when I was a kid.

Also I have the classic have-to-sit-facing-the-entrance compulsion. I make people move when they take my spot.
>>
>>30130979
Honestly, that's called situational awareness.

Abnormal but only because people are stupid
>>
>>30130683
Wasps. Fucking wasps.

If I had a time machine I'd go back in time and stop my child self from ever giving that one a reason.
>>
>>30131776

I'm not bald so no, but I don't usually encounter people our size, you know?
>>
the fear that people can see me posting this.
>>
>>30131794

yeah man, I know what you mean. and you must know what I mean about being fucking starred at everywhere you go. shit get's old man. I've been this size since I was 15, and I'm 30 now. I literally avoid places like the mall or festivals because of all the people just walking up to me

>how tall are you
>do you play basketball
>my cousin is really tall
>i have a friend that's tall
>can i stand next to you while my friend takes a picture
>will you stand next to my friend while I take a picture

and my family is no better

>this is my son
>look how tall he is
>cmon son, stand up so they can see how tall you are
>he he he lets stand him next to this short person

MAKES ME SO ANGRY

I AM NOT A GOODMAN NOVELTY HERE FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT

TINY BASTARDS
>>
>>30131294
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>30131834
>>my cousin is really tall
>>i have a friend that's tall
>>can i stand next to you while my friend takes a picture
>>will you stand next to my friend while I take a picture
Huh.. I never get this shit...

>>this is my son
>>look how tall he is
>>cmon son, stand up so they can see how tall you are
Or this shit. Must be some bizarre Minnesota override.

I get the questions though. I don't know why the fuck it matters to anyone how tall I am.
>>
>>30131852
>>30131834

Whenever I see people of large frame I immediately think
>I want to befriend this giant and craft impractically large guns for him and see him fire them for my amusement

Seeing someone your size firing a 2 bore would give me a bit of a chub.
>>
>>30131852

idk maybe. I've experienced everywhere I've gone, even in Baumholder back when I was with 1st AD.
>>
>>30131887

>I want to befriend this giant and craft impractically large guns for him and see him fire them for my amusement

kek
>>
File: 1464290448161.jpg (64 KB, 720x1123) Image search: [Google]
1464290448161.jpg
64 KB, 720x1123
>>30130683
My fear is being stuck at my office when my city goes full Ferguson, no weapons, panicked employees all trying to get outside and rush thru our little security gate. I would keep a weapon in my car, but it would cost me my job if found for any reason. My plan now is to take my truck and punch over the hedges surrounding the building, don't think some shrubs and a chain link fence would stop a Sierra, then book it home to start fortifications.
>>
>>30131887
>Seeing someone your size firing a 2 bore would give me a bit of a chub.

I wish I had the opportunity to manhandle an M60, honestly. I love my Kalashnikov, but the motherfuckin pig would look better on me.
>>
Being at work, having some kind of SHTF incident go down (you name it.
Mass shooting, grid now, terror attack, WW3, whatevs) and being far away from home and my guns.
>>
*grid-down
The fuck, phone keypad.
>>
>>30131590
No, of course there's nothing out there.
You know personally?
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: 1404011169797.gif (480 KB, 500x224) Image search: [Google]
1404011169797.gif
480 KB, 500x224
>>30130683
Spiders. I am a huge arachnophobe, they always send me into fight or flight mode. I have necrotic spiders in my area and looked up too may examples of Australian fauna in my youth, but I always kind of got freaked by their eyes. Funny, considering I wanted to be Spider-Man and would play with spiders because of it when even younger.

I'm always very tense when I drive anymore, though I am getting better. I've been in too many car accidents and legitimately might have had minor PTSD at one point because of it. I get especially tense at the intersection just by my house. If I pass by it, not only have I just started driving, so I'm warming back up to it, but there's thick bushes on either side of it, nobody pays attention, and late at night I often hear people using it for street racing and reckless driving.

I'm not uncomfortable around loaded guns, that's not the term, I'm fine with them, especially if they're secured or I handled them myself. However, if I walk by my Dad's loaded Glock when I'm over back home or something similar, I often think about picking it up and shooting him or myself, or whoever else, or something similar wherever I may encounter one. I also think the same thing of like jumping off high places, swerving into oncoming traffic, etc. They're strange impulses; I'm not suicidal or anything.

If I'm in a place and I can't carry, or even when I can, I'm constantly scanning the area and evaluating what I can use as improvised weaponry. Pool cues, chairs, breaking glass and using it to stab, etc., 24/7.

>>30131382
Holy shit, this. I am always so scared I am going to get into a situation and fight someone, use my CCW, etc. and get screwed by some liberal jackass DA.
>>30131474
>>30131525 Especially for those reasons.

>>30131570
>I also stopped sleeping with my bedside gun chambers after a night of sleepwalking

I'm always scared I am going to do something real dumb while sleepwalking. I already watered an entertainment center once.
>>
>I'm gonna get killed in my own backyard
My dog only ever wants to shit when it's dark out and I have no lights out there. The wind blowing always makes it sounds like something is waiting in the shrubs back there.
>The Thing is actually a thing
Anything taking over the bodies of people or a perversion of biology and will power. Parasites freak me the fuck out man, I don't need to even contemplate them being body-snatchers or zombies and shit.
>There's always somebody close to me
For some reason I've never been able to shake the feeling that somebody is stalking right behind me whenever I'm alone. The only reason I have a dog is so I can feel somewhat comfortable walking around my own house.
>>
File: 1463223406008.jpg (47 KB, 545x449) Image search: [Google]
1463223406008.jpg
47 KB, 545x449
>>30132014
Spiders are about the only creatures that still make me pause, them and those crazy undersea creatures that sould be in sci fi only. My fear is climate change allowing more of those large south American poisonous insects to survive here in Texas, bird eating tarantulas or those trap door spiders the size of a tennis ball that pop out of the ground and staple you thru a boot. Saw an old nat geo doc where one of those bastards got a guy through the bottom of his hiking boot, he just stepped on its little mushroom cap door and its 2 1/2 fang went right thru the rubber and leather like butter.
>>
>>30131784
Tell me about the creature. Can you describe it for me?
>>
>>30130683

That I'm going to die alone, unloved and unremembered
>>
>>30132102
You shouldn't fear reality.
Acceptance is an important part of life/death.
>>
Most of you should not own a firearm...
>>
File: 1462500868827.gif (457 KB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
1462500868827.gif
457 KB, 390x293
>all this paranoia
Not at all surprised desu.
>>
>>30132142

I know that I shouldn't. I'm just afraid because I turned 28 today, and taking stock of my life, I have nothing to show for it.
>>
I am terrified of walking alone in the woods and being confronted by a large predator, namely a bear. I know that even if I was in top physical shape I would have almost zero chance of winning a confrontation with it even with one of my big knives. It would be even worse if it happened with one of my loved ones because I knew I would have to at least try and save them or sit helplessly as they got mauled to death. If you need a reminder of this I recommend the movie Backcountry, that was the most horrifying thing I had ever watched.
>>
>>30132171
Big iron can fix that big iron can fix most things
>>
>>30132097
Yes, it was a chestnut tree in our front yard. One day I was home alone, and it was quite windy. I was staring out the window, and it looked like there was an evil looking face forming in the leaves. Not like an ent, more like a green man situation. I moved away from the window, and when I returned the tree was closer. After that I kept watch on the tree until my parents got home, I figured he wouldn't start any shit as long as I was watching him.
>>
>>30132171
If you ever get confronted by a bear and you don't have weapons, there's no shame in running.
That's just common sense.
Even if you do have to fist-fight a bear, there is proof it can be done, even if it's that one guy who shoved his arm down it's throat and bit it one of it's major arteries to kill it.
Be smart, not scared.
>>
>>30130683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhLmjUZB5V0

Just don't wake up stupid OP
>>
>>30130683
Spiders, but only under certain circumstances. For example, if there's a spider on my body. Or if I see a spider, look away, then look back and it's disappeared. This is made worse by anything with particularly spindly legs, and false widows or legitimate black widows are overwhelmingly the worst. Alternatively, baby spiders doing that swarming thing they do: one-way ticket to Heebies, population Jeebies.

I'm also afraid of my neighbors poisoning my dog, even though they're good folks. Similarly, the police shooting my dog, even though (especially because?) I'm not a criminal.
>>
>>30130683

>government being shady

>the death of liberty
>>
>>30132213
Not sure if you meant run in the context of the actual act of sprinting but that's exactly what not to do, humans are super slow compared to about anything and running just causes the prey response in animals like that. Bears are terrifying but it's more about me, an adult male, the supposed apex predator with no natural enemies being hunted by a creature that is far more powerful than I with no means of stopping it. This also feeds into my fear of being alone in the woods especially at night
>>
>>30130683
ive been paranoid as fuck going on campus this last semester because the classrooms are too small and too open for any kind of cover, every time i contemplate if going to class is worth it
>>
>>30132377
Well I suppose running is only good in a very specific location; the bottom of a hill. IIRC correctly, bears have a tough time running up sloped surfaces.
And about the Apex Predator thing, Humans aren't really predators. There's damn near no practical use for it in our society. The only reason we have no natural enemies is because we live far away from anything that establishes a threat or we have things to kill them with.
>>
The underside of ships, boat props, subs underwater, etc. They're spooky, but stuff like wrecks is fascinating, if also a bit sad and spoopy.

I dislike flopping around in the middle of a lake, since I don't know what's underneath me, too.
>>
Getting a finger or thumb caught inside one of my shotguns while loading shells.
>>
>>30132438
Their front legs are short so if you run downhill they can't balance and tip over, letting you get away. Might be right on the predator bit but we are definitely the dominant species and I guess I am afraid of being put into a situation that makes me realize I am no longer at the top, a loss of control if you will.
>>
>>30130683
Aliens
Seriously I can't sleep on my back at night because I'm terrified I'll look up and see an ayy lmao
>>
I fear I'll give in to the siren call of suicide.
>>
Cockroaches, which is handy because I live in the south
>>
File: Arceus.png (117 KB, 852x1025) Image search: [Google]
Arceus.png
117 KB, 852x1025
>>30130683

I'm afraid of spiders under my bed sheets or hiding behind the door handle on my truck.

I think it comes from when I was a child and picked up a tire in the woods and felt something weird. There was a black widow inside it. Scared the crap out of me.
>>
>>30130683
I am my family's "weapons expert", and I am DEATHLY afraid that when my loved ones require significant amounts of violence to save them I wont be there. The worst part is I don't give a fuck if I get injured/killed, but if someone like my mother even had a bruise inflicted upon her I could never forgive myself.
>>
A squib when I need my gun the most.
>>
File: Efron1.jpg (21 KB, 583x583) Image search: [Google]
Efron1.jpg
21 KB, 583x583
>>30131483
Carry a ready-to-display suicide bomb with visible detonators. Easy-peasy.
>>
>>30131203
I wouldn't care if someone lived in my house provided they cleaned after themselves and they made their presence known. Bet your ass if I see some hobo coming out of a trapdoor in the wall I'm shooting him. Fucking crab people invasion.
>>
>>30131088
>I love her dearly but she tends to not think things through and runs on pure emotional impulse rather then logic.

>women.txt
>>
>>30132684
fun fact, you eat around 8 baby spiders in your sleep throughout your life
>>
File: 1459173306445.jpg (26 KB, 1200x787) Image search: [Google]
1459173306445.jpg
26 KB, 1200x787
>>30130770
Stuffed animals man.
>2016
>Not having a tactical stuffed battle buddy to watch your six
>>
File: mukade.jpg (96 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
mukade.jpg
96 KB, 500x375
>>30130999
I'd recommend against going to Japan then.
>>
>>30133017
I'd be more worried about those giant wasps myself.
>>
File: 1420345879179.jpg (81 KB, 875x739) Image search: [Google]
1420345879179.jpg
81 KB, 875x739
>>30132092
Don't give me nightmares like that, please.
>>
Damn y'all a bunch of paranoid crazy motherfuckers.

Mine is paralysis. When I was younger I was pretty competitive, raced bikes, motorcycles, downhill mountain bikes...the list goes on. Been injured in most ways you can think of. Not too much worries me anymore except for being paralyzed or going full vegetable in some aspect. Damn what a terrible way to live the rest of your life
>>
>>30130683
My mostly irrational fear is a complete regressive liberal takeover. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>30130683
I'm more scared of ghosts and sleep paralysis than I am of home intruders, and I think I know why.

You can do something against a home intruder; i.e. shoot them in the face. You can do jack shit against a ghost as far as I know. Sleep paralysis(es?) prevent you from doing jack shit and are scary as fuck.

>tl;dr I'd rather be able to shoot something that'll shoot back than not be able to shoot something that wont hurt me at all.
>>
>>30130683
buy a decent revolver then. Problem solved.
>>
>>30130683
snakes in chimneys
>>
>>30131094
underrated af
>>
File: ayyy fapmooo.jpg (91 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
ayyy fapmooo.jpg
91 KB, 640x640
>>30131111

If you can't reach your pistol, then draw your gun.
>>
>>30132447
>The underside of ships, boat props, subs underwater, etc.

Ahahaha, me too. Also getting under trucks. Don't like that at all.
>>
>>30132447
>>30133141

Same here, which is odd since I love living right by the ocean and I swim in it fairly often. Lakes and rivers though man, no sir.
>>
>>30132014
this
Taking drivers ed was hell for me, not a day passing without me being seconds away from swerving into the truck on the other side of the road

Besides that nothing irrational really, just your average situational awareness like finding weapons, exits, dangers, constantly scanning your surroundings and so on, but that's necessary if you live somewhere where funz are a no-go
One thing that does really get me though is the fear that someone will do surgery on me that I don't need, or stuff like what the soviets did with their dog-robots
>>
>>30131373
>I don't know what it is about that birthday party scene. It still freaks the fuck out of me but seeing the alien at the end doesn't.

For me it was the home footage aspect. The grainy, poor quality of the image, and the fact that it seemed, at the time, pretty real.

When I was a kid I used to watch shows that had amateur videos of supposed ufo and bigfoot sightings and what not. Probably shouldn't have since it freaked me out then heh bur I blame that scene on me watching that stuff.
>>
>>30131570

I don't sleep walk but before I got my gun I had a waking dream of a shadowy figure standing by my bed. I freaked out and started pushing the figure away terrified. After around 3 minutes of me freaking the fuck out I woke up and it was just my girlfriend coming to bed, I had her shirt in my fists and was stopping her from getting into bed while shouting.

Now I have my gun it lives in the safe on condition 1, I will need to be conscious in order to get to it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>30132014
Our spiders ain't so bad, you get used to em.
Like honestly the only types you REALLY need to worry about are Funnel webs and maybe Mouse spiders.
Red Backs are deadly sure, but they really aren't aggressive. You're only going to get bit by them if you're sticking your hands in places without checking, or you have an outhouse.
Oh Huntsmans, Which are our big house spiders you gotta keep an eye out, They'll kill you because you'll suddenly see one, Scream like a girl and drop whatever you were doing and run straight into something sharp or knock yourself out.
If you leave a window down on your car they often creep in and hide under the sun visor. So when you're driving along and you get the sun in your eyes and you're mostly blind, You flip down your visor and there's the biggest huntsman in your life, and he drops in your lap.
So you're blind and panicking because of this spider thats in your lap and you can't see and you're frantically trying to find it and open the window and throw it out, your car swerving back and forth, other cars wondering whats going on.
And the lil guy is panicked, he's suddenly been ripped from his hiding place and he's trying to find another but this big thing keeps yelling at him.
By some miracle you manage to pull over without crashing into anyone else and you leap out of the car screaming "IT'S IN MY HAIR IT'S IN MY HAIR" but you're fine its not on you.
The guy behind you pulls over to see if you need help, You explain "Huntsman" thats all that needs to be said, they now understand the situation ENTIRELY and will not go near your car.
You'll spend about 3 hours searching your car looking for it. You'll never find it. But he's in there. Somewhere, Waiting.

Pic related, Peacock spider which is the most adorable fucking spider in the world and really a gateway spider to other ones. Seriously this thing is fucking tiny.
>>
Jesus crippled Christ on a crutch! Mortified means embarrassed!
>>
>>30130817
I had a phase in my life where waking up to sleep paralysis was an often thing at night. Wanting to get up and move and not being able to scared the shit outta me and often times I thought I was abo to get abducted.

Good thing it went away almost completely, now I may be get it once a year.
>>
>>30131483
My dad has this, he's not so much afraid of people but he admitted to me that big crowds of people make him really anxious. To the point of not going to any places where big crowds are bound to form.
>>
>>30131679
Cops deal with scum all the time and tend to treat everyone like that. A power tripping cop would have no problem lying his way to get you in serious shit.

Like planting evidence because they need to make an arrest or lying to prosecutors. They can be very aggressive when trying to get you to consent a search. I know cause they held me for about an hour and a half trying to get into my car.
>>
>>30131184
Wait, do you work one of those companies that drives railroaders around?
>>
>>30133340
Wouldn't you be?
>>
OP here,

Went to bed after starting this thread and woke up to all these responses.

Shits satisfying, gotta tell ya.
>>
>>30131562
>Silver Bullet
That movie fucked me up as a kid.
>>
ITT: autism
>>
>>30132684
>Bong so no harmful spiders besides pets
>see spider that's about three inches leg span on my bedroom wall one night
>ignore it
>half hour or so later I feel something running over my leg, under the covers
>DEFCON 1
>leap out of bed and grab torch and boot
>fucker is just sitting in the middle of my bed
>pint glass and paper to put the shitter outside
>>
>>30130901
Topkek
>>
I'm afraid of getting inadvertently sent back in time and no one believes me.

>tfw dead serious
>>
>>30130683
i live in a farm with my mother and little sister
being the only male in the house soo im always paranoid with someone breaking in the house trying to hurt my mother or little sis i wake up with whatever sound the old house make i always sleep with a gun in my hand or under my pillow
and the scariest and most uncomfortable nights are the windy nights everything is moving and making sounds soo annoying i cant sleep more than 3-4 hours daily
i actually need help from you if you had any troubles like
>>
File: 1388608951983.jpg (84 KB, 499x349) Image search: [Google]
1388608951983.jpg
84 KB, 499x349
>>30133739
>i always sleep with a gun in my hand or under my pillow

Hmm don't think I'd ever sleep with a gun in my hand. Doesn't seem like a good idea.
>>
Im afraid of hearing loss and tinnitus if i ever have to fire my gun in a defensive situation.
>>
>>30133761
i know that but i just too paranoid i have a dog too she is barking all the time because of damn foxes
and i have cameras around the house too but still not satisfied
>>
>>30133761

I have a revolver left in my desk, and another left in my nightstand. Never further than 4 feet from a loaded weapon.
>>
File: oppenheimer dream.png (22 KB, 1337x175) Image search: [Google]
oppenheimer dream.png
22 KB, 1337x175
>>30131574
Here.
>>
>>30133807
I have an M&P under my bed, I'm not saying sleeping near a gun is a bad idea. I think sleeping with one in your hand is a bad idea.
>>
>>30131620
You can do a half cock + safety with a round in the chamber. That's my preferred method.
>>
>>30133784
I have a suppressor on my HD gun, it's an AR though, so if I let off 8 rounds of .223, albeit suppressed, I'm fucked
>>
>>30132199
Sounds like a Big Tree Person
>>
>>30131240
Anon.
Real fucking NATO refers to 7.62x51
>>
>>30131377

>Afraid of blood

Are you tall, fat, and fruity?
>>
My biggest fear is the world being taken over by a government similar to 'the party' from 1984, where they take away the freedoms of the people, and are in power for all eternity because of how ruthless they are.
I'm not as afraid of anything else more than society being fucked, and never rising up to make something better. I hope that makes sense
>>
Failure. Basically failing in some way that hurts my family.

Other than that, I'm not really afraid of anything. Sure if I get shot at, i'd be scared. Or if I find a group of skinwalkers eating a dead hiker, oh yeah. But I don't sit around thinking about it all, or scaring myself over it.
>>
>>30133177

>Spurdobot
>>
>>30132147
The world is 2spoopy 4 me
>>
>>30133015
What if they plot agaisnt me?
>>
>>30131590
>I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>30131515
I have an M&P 9c I carry without an external safety and I don't really worry about it. I have a hybrid holster so I don't really worry about the trigger getting snagged as I move.
>>
>>30132323
amen, hallelujah
>>
>>30132936
lies
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 325x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 325x305
>>30131562
Every time a thread like this comes up I remind myself to buy a few silver bullets bit who the Fock makes such things.

Then I usually fap to hentai and forget about it.
>>
It's not really a fear but I do not like long hallways with multiple doors on either side and a door at the end. Whenever I'm in one I get nervous or anxious and want to get out of said hallway quickly. The strange thing is this doesn't happen at hotels.
>>
>>30131377
>afraid to get shot in thigh
>shoot balls and dick perfectly fine
>>
>>30131273
>Haven't touched a drink in close to five years
Good on you anon
Also if you got through 5 years without and you didn't break or turn full on "my body is a temple" cultist, chances are you're not that much of a dick
>>
Reading this thread is triggering my paranoia. And I'm starting to get really antsy, nervous and scared
>>
>>30134391
Kill one of them to show you are the alpha. Or take a vote and rig it in your favor. Stuffed battle buddies may be brave, but they are a bit light in the head.
>>
>>30131834
Same shit for me senpai. Being 6'6" in a city of midget dindus is fucking annoying
>>
>>30133015

Not the person you replied to, but I absolutely can't sleep alone, so I always have a stuffed animal with me when I go to bed. It's mostly so I don't flail in my sleep, but if I sleep alone I usually get nightmares and feel super shitty the next morning. It doesn't feel right sleeping without. pls no bully.
>>
>>30132190
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iGmUsJvRv7U>>30132190
>>
>>30131834

Manlets, when will they learn?
>>
My number one biggest fear is this
>guy with knife charges at me
>pull pistol out
>start shooting
>round after round hits him in the chest but he doesn't stop
>he cuts my throat, then collapses from blood loss

Seriously, if you don't hit the head or tiny ass spine, how fast will a 9mm hollowpoint drop somebody?
>>
>>30135001
The heart.
>>
>>30130683

I'm still afraid of the dark. I haven't watched a horror movie in 8 years because I will be scared at bedtime for a week or two. It's weird, because I can rationalize about ghosts and monsters aren't real but it doesn't do anything to calm me down. The worst is when I'm out in the sticks at night, because I can't even tell myself that there's nothing out there. There's so many miles of nothing where people don't live that maybe there are things that live out there that people don't know about
>>
File: IMG_20160601_114013581.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160601_114013581.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2432
>>30134824

There's absolutely nothing wrong with sleeping with stuffed things.
>>
>>30135040
I wouldn't worry about it

Seriously though, I don't envy that one. Fuck, I need it close to pitch dark to sleep.

Aforementioned stuffed animal solution doesn't help?
>>
>man comes up from behind/from car window
>draws on you
>need to decide whether to draw, distract and draw, or just conceive to his will
>>
>>30135229

Stuffed animals do help, but I don't have them when I'm out in the country.
>>
>>30135090
Train them to defend the home
>>
>>30130917
Not him but i do
>>
File: red_fox_standing_medium_4699.jpg (57 KB, 576x391) Image search: [Google]
red_fox_standing_medium_4699.jpg
57 KB, 576x391
>>30135323
This is my new favorite reaction image.

>Pic related; Mir the slavshit fox, loyal komrade

>>30135299
...bring one with you?
>>
Bees

Wasps

By extension any buzzing flying insects

I go full-panic vawe my arms around if a yellow or unidentified buzzing insect flies near my head
>>
Having a relationship go sour and lose my guns because of a bullshit OFP
>>
>>30130683
All of the guns on my list to collect will be impossible to get by the time I have money for them.
>>
>>30135351

I suppose I could, but I'm always with my family when I'm out of town and I would be too embarrassed to hug a stuffed animal to sleep with my parents there.
>>
I lose sleep some nights worrying about the end of the world.

Funnily enough, I worry most about the least immediate possibilities. Things like the death of the sun, and the heat death of the Universe.

Also worry about asteroid/comet impacts
>>
>>30135034
That will make him die in a bit, but if he is 12 feet away and charging me, he'll have enough oxygen in his blood to filet me
>>
>>30135351
I like this one
>>
File: 1443899335377.png (534 KB, 758x575) Image search: [Google]
1443899335377.png
534 KB, 758x575
>>30135443
I don't bother unless I'm going to be somewhere a long time, but for me ergonomics is a big part of it. I'm a strictly stomach sleeper, and having a stuffed animal to hug is something to do with my left arm, which is otherwise in the way. Pillows will also do the job, but I'm a sentimental motherfucker.

On the note of embarrassment, odds are you've got something going on much bigger than that.

I fly airplanes. I figure I can sleep with a stuffed fox if I damn well please and still be reasonably respectable. I'm sure you have something, guns, if nothing else. Stuffed animals aren't that big a deal, and adult admission to continued ownership has been on the rise, albiet the surveys I'm referencing were eurocuck surveys. No idea what the statistics are here in freedomland.

Curiously though, while sleeping with a stuffed animal doesn't bother me and keeping a gun around doesn't bother me, sleeping with a stuffed animal while understanding I'm also undertaking the home defense responsibility feels a bit... anachronistic, I guess. Not wrong, but strange.
>>
>>30130919

Spiders huh?

Only a matter of time before someone posts that clip of Ron Perlman shooting a spider with a handgun from "Alien Resurrection".
>>
File: 2w591h.gif (1 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
2w591h.gif
1 MB, 240x180
>>30135550
>>
>>30130683
Someone shooting up my house.
My brother is a fucking nigger and he has pissed people off and was in a gang for a long time until 4 years ago. A shit may not happen now but I still fear it will be shoot up,

Recently some crazy Bitch threaten to have a Blood kill me and my brother and have my mom raped and killed because we help defend her ex from her.

Thankfully things haven't resulted and she got arrested for animal cruelty for breaking 3 legs of a 6 month old puppy.

Fucking hate having to deal with nigger tier bullahit when I'm the whitest guy people know in my social groups.
>>
File: 1461074234189.jpg (34 KB, 960x498) Image search: [Google]
1461074234189.jpg
34 KB, 960x498
>public restroom
>shitting
>dick touches rim
>>
>>30135603
>Not building a dick near to prevent that
>>
>>30135603
That's not irrational.
>>
>>30131637

This.

You "people" are fucking PUSSIES.
>>
>>30135540
>>30135443
>>30135351
>>30135323
>>30135090
ok getting myself a stuffed battle buddy

which type of stuffed battle buddy does /k/ recommend?
>>
>>30135090

Yeah, though surprisingly anyone who's seen me sleep doesn't seem to think much of it. Pic related are mine, though I usually only bring Toothless with me. The wallaby, the brown wallaby has been with me since day 1 so I leave him with my parents (moved out a while back, here for the week). The uh, 'daiogusokushumi' also chills there. Giant isopod. Maybe I'm just weird.

>>30135443

If you already do it at home then I doubt they'll care if you do it out. Nobody gives me a second look about it.

>>30135493

kek

>>30135540

>No idea what the statistics are here in freedomland.

I thought I saw a stat on it, but I'm still looking for it. I figure maybe people are too shy to answer here in freedomland.

I wish I was more comfortable sleeping with any of my plushies--I'm tall and slender so my arms are long and it's hard to be comfortable sometimes if I sleep on my side. I can't sleep facing up unless I'm back at home.

As for the last part, I feel the same. I'm closest to the entryway back home, so I do keep the funs close.
>>
>>30135090
tell me about the viking bear
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 241x174) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 241x174
>>30135713
I quit giving a shit once I started, though, I have to cuddle with a body pillow wrapped with a fuzzy throw blanket(those really warm polyester ones)

Though, it doesn't help that there isn't a big cuddly typhlosion plush out there, unless I pay a few hundred for a hand made one.

It's easy to sleep when ya "got" a 5'7" fire breathing badgerbuddy cuddled up to ya.
>>
>>30135713

Well you gotta show me the picture now that you talked em up.

>>30135763

A family friend gave it to my mother as a joke gift when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. My mother and he were coworkers, he's a vikings fan, she's a packers fan, so they went back and forth with football related joke gifts.
>>
>>30133849
>I think sleeping with one in your hand is a bad idea.

Agreed - well, depending on the safety, and your sleeping habits. You can get away with it, I guess, but there's no reason not to use one of those bedside holsters made to keep them very, very close to hand.
>>
File: 1441908564656.jpg (32 KB, 512x605) Image search: [Google]
1441908564656.jpg
32 KB, 512x605
>>30135706
Hansa makes good shit. Be ready to part with shekels though
>Mfw my stuffed fox cost me more than my nugget
>>30135783
Hansa has a 1:1 wolf, but you'd be choosing between that and a nice SKS
>>
>>30131600
>I don't know what it is about 'em, I just can't fucking stand the thought.
You think it might be ...
Genetic?
Like the fear of that alien is as instinctual as spiders, snakes, and bitter berries?
Like maybe, long ago, something(s) interacted with early man and left a strong impression?
Aliens made humans.
>>
File: gwbkjpR.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
gwbkjpR.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>30135706

If you have a favorite show, game, or movie i'd start there. Otherwise browse Build a Bear for starters. There's also the Combat Cock from SOE but it's not really for cuddling. I think someone makes tacticool stuffed bears for veterans, though. On mobile so can't link much.

>>30135783

Heh, I'll end up saving for hand made ones someday. I'm just trying to buy my funs and gear before the fuddrush.

>>30135713

Pic didn't send for some reason.
>>
File: 1453158857171.jpg (4 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
1453158857171.jpg
4 KB, 262x263
>>30135839
Also back in the day TY shit was pretty good, but these days their mostly realistic plushies are long since out of print and hansa tier expensive or more.

My full collection is sizeable; mostly wolves and foxes, one river dolphin from when I was like four. The fox is he only one I purchased as an adult though, so the details on the others are largely unknown to me. Fucking memories man.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 516x644) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 516x644
>>30135839
>life size grizzly

I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED!!

Though, I'm still a tad autistic and would rather have a 1:1 typhlosion, or an actual typhlosion.
>>
>>30135814
see >>30135898

I'm getting used to using this site on mobile. I usually wait till I get on deskop so I can reply better.
>>
File: (CANT WAKE UP).jpg (63 KB, 584x643) Image search: [Google]
(CANT WAKE UP).jpg
63 KB, 584x643
>>30131294
>if you see me run you all run too
>>
File: pinkblue2.png (185 KB, 640x408) Image search: [Google]
pinkblue2.png
185 KB, 640x408
>>30135706

Whatever you want dude. If you've got a favorite animal or cartoon character you could start there, but there are stuffies of just about anything.
>>
>>30135925

So I googled daiogusokushumi and it led me to a forum. It turns out we have relevant interests.
>>
>>30132092
And now I need to buy a pair of sabatons to wear every day, thanks
>>
>>30131406
https://mynrainsurance.com/insurance-products/self-defense

>ANNUAL LIABILITY LIMIT OPTIONS AND COSTS

>$100,000 combined single limit
>$50,000 criminal defense reimbursement sub-limit
>$165 per year

>$250,000 combined single limit
>$50,000 criminal defense reimbursement sub-limit
>$254 per year

>$500,000 combined single limit
>$100,000 criminal defense reimbursement sub-limit
>$400 per year

>$1 million combined single limit
>$100,000 criminal defense reimbursement sub-limit
>$600 per year

>WHAT’S COVERED

>Your defense costs and damages in a civil suit
>Reimbursement for criminal defense costs when you are acquitted of charges
>Bodily injury and damage caused by the use of a firearm
>Your spouse is automatically included on your policy

George Zimmerman (who is an idiot, so take this as a worst case) incurred over $2.5 million in legal fees. That was a controversial case.

If you are in a "good" shooting (legally speaking, no shooting is ever good), you can expect at least $100,000 in legal fees.

I don't have insurance yet, but I'm considering my options.
>>
>>30135999

I keep those things separate. I wouldn't say I'm interested much in said relevant interest. Plushies are not the reason. If you want to talk more about that, just hit me up on that site.

>inb4 that site is too cancerous
>>
That people can read and understand my thoughts
>>
>>30136155

I feel the same way, the other thing is a separate interest strictly for adult gratification.
>>
>>30132171

I was backpacking with friends near the GA/TN border. We got into the trail a bit late. After some hiking, the designated camping spot we wanted was taken. We decided to go to the next one. We walked for a while, but it started getting dark before we made it. We decided the best option was to camp where we were. We cooked dinner, packed all of our stuff into one tent, put up a bear bag away from us, and since it was a bit cold we all slept in the same tent.

So, I was sleeping in my tent with my girlfriend and two buddies. Short version is a black bear mother came and laid beside/on top of me through the tent while her babies played in a nearby stream.

I was terrified. I knew that if the bear panicked, I was dead. I knew if I reached for my gun, someone else would wake up, realize what was happening, the bear would panic, and I would be dead. I resigned myself to my fate, and decided that my only option was to stay perfectly still. The bear stayed for the longest time, and eventually left.

When the sun came up, it was GTFO time. There was a big rut where the bear had laid, and also four paw prints in front of our tent door (the bear was around for a while before I woke up). We also found a bunch of smaller paw prints around the river bed.

As we were packing up, some rangers came by and told us that we shouldn't set up camp here because this was bear territory. We assured them we were leaving. One of the rangers said, "It's a good thing you didn't see any bears last night, I can't believe you didn't see the sign". He points to a large yellow sign that says "WARNING: BEARS" that was on a tree literally on the opposite side of our tent.

One of my friends drew a retarded looking bear in the ground and wrote "STOOPID BEAR". To this day, I am really fucking tense when I'm camping. We had a gun, but it wouldn't have helped. I still carry in the woods, but my primary defense for bears is now I carry a megaphone which I use to announce my presence.
>>
>>30136196
I just read something that you thought, and I understood it.

>are you spooked yet?
>>
>>30131233
Think about this there a highly advanced race that has mastered intergalactic travel, and there one weakness is ....... Water so they travel to a fucking planet that is 70 percent water >:/
>>
>>30133177
>happen
>not habben
Weak
>>
>>30130979
All but the last one. I also

>engage my door lock as soon as I enter my car.
and
>Check around the entrance to my house before unlocking the door to go inside.
>>
>>30133308
You must be a sydnite have you heard of white tips?
>>
>>30136309
OooOoOOooo :/ "twilight zone music" *that gif of the dude from the 70's Turkish spiderman
>>
>>30131303
Going to rock shows at the old shitty porno theaters freak me the fuck out. No real egress, can't imagine what the kickback to the fire chief looks like.
>>
>>30131306
It's probably peaceful. Let go.
>>
>>30131789
Talk to them.
Let them know that you are friends, but they are not welcome in the house/shop.
They listen.
>>
>>30132163
Be proud of this fact. You are free.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.