[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So in the interest of exploring strategic thinking, what are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 46
File: 3_br6.jpg (72 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
3_br6.jpg
72 KB, 700x525
So in the interest of exploring strategic thinking, what are the best and biggest game communities for strategic /k/ games?

I see a lot of best /k/ games that seem very FPS/shooter/adventure based, but what are the Godtier strategy games? I've played a little bit of civ 5, and have heard pretty good things about Wargames: Red dragon.

Wanted to ask because I want a community that's large and not about to die like say starcraft LotV. Where are the best places for Risk-like games and/or other games like civ. It can be a "shooter" like world of tanks or us army online. I just want a community that's a little more hardcore and not so small, while having good strategic gameplay. Is that too much to ask for?
>>
File: welp.gif (113 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
welp.gif
113 KB, 480x270
>>30124025
Only fags like video games.
>>
>>30124033
Thank you for your contribution, sorry your HEMA and LARPing didn't work out
>>
File: fall of the samurai..jpg (178 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
fall of the samurai..jpg
178 KB, 1360x768
>>30124025
Don't know about God tier but blasting nips in Creative assembly's Shogun 2 Fall of The Samurai was some of the best times in a video game i've ever had.

Watching U.S Marines blast some faggot japs is great.

Empire Total war and Napoleon are fun too.
>>
>>30124025
Ride the wave and go with what ever is popular at the time. Total Warhammer sounds like fun, if you want to move armies around.
>>
Honestly, if you have the money for it you should get involved with tabletop instead. Go to your local tabletop game store, ask them when they usually play things like Flames of War.
>>
>>30124078
>Total Warhammer sounds like fun
it is fun, but it's more like chess than anything else.

basically like the table top. I like it and all but when i see some 3 foot goblin get up after taking a cannon ball to the face, i sorta roll my eyes at it.
>>
>>30124098

Will vouch for flames of war, great game and its pretty fairly priced imo. If you do start playing, don't do what i did and buy 2 companys and a bunch of tanks right off the bat, then realize you have 300 little soviet mans to paint and it can be overwhelming.
>>
>>30124131

So how should one get into it?
>>
>>30124025
total
war
>>
File: 1449792267650.jpg (628 KB, 1643x1240) Image search: [Google]
1449792267650.jpg
628 KB, 1643x1240
wargame red dragon.
company of heroes 1&2
assault squad 2
>>
File: memeetang.jpg (73 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
memeetang.jpg
73 KB, 500x348
>>30124105
first off the cannons are subsonic, imo they are getting like 150 mph speeds out of some of the slower artillery shells

i glancing hit would not necessarily be deadly
>>
File: sickles leg.jpg (24 KB, 408x268) Image search: [Google]
sickles leg.jpg
24 KB, 408x268
>>30124245
What.

Are you literally retarded? a six pound iron ball going 500 fps is enough to take your knee to the hill over.

like, what the fuck. and whats a glancing hit? if it hit you at all, whatever got touched isn't going to be there any more.

i mean, a projectile weighing only a few ounces going at 500fps is enough to kill you.
>>
>>30124025
Hearts of Iron 3 is strategy in the literal sense. I do deeply, deeply enjoy the game, but it doesn't exactly have a large gaming community. Maybe Europa Universalis is more your kind of thing if you're interested grand strategy, but it's too arcade-y imo
>>
File: ot73yZV.jpg (152 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
ot73yZV.jpg
152 KB, 640x500
>>30124294
>>
>>30124153

Either get the box set that has a German and US/British force, or get 2-3 platoons and a vehicle or two is what most people do in my area.
>>
This may be hard for /k/ to grasp, but in fantasy settings gunpowder weapons (if any are present) are always dowplayed in power so they don't blow swords completely out of the water like they did IRL. It only makes things more fun, otherwise the dwarves (who in the new Total War bring literal helicopter gunships to a swordfight) would easily defeat everyone.
>>
>>30124339

merely a flesh wound, should have used 9 mm
>>
>>30124025
ArmA 3, join a realism unit
>>
>>30124385
Except the handgunners are the only unit other than good spearman who can kill monsters in Total Warhammer.
>>
>>30124306
HOI4 looks amazing and seemingly will have a huge player base, if the numbers align to Stellaris levels.
>>
>Starcraft
>about to die

Just because you're stuck in Bronze League while the bulk of everyone else is gold doesn't mean it's dying.

Also

Attila, Total War if you want a historical RTS. Don't bother with Rome 2.

And the newest game Total War: Warhammer is pretty fucking awesome. And it offers a lot more in terms of strategy because it offers races with unique mechanics. And you have to do a bit more micro during battles. Which is fun. It isn't just ramming two armies together and hoping you win.
>>
>>30124025
red dragon is great except for RNG being heavily prevalent. when a 70% accuracy chapparal misses the enemy hind 3 times in a row just to get one-shotted by its 40% accuracy ATGM, you'll understand true frustration.
>learn to fucking play. the RNG is fine.
also the chat is utterly filled with /pol/ trolls and idiots that fall for that shit.
>>
>>30124509

>It isn't just ramming two armies together and hoping you win.

It was literally never that.
>>
>>30124478
Depends on the monster, and who you are playing. The Empire, and Chaos have their best melee troops with great weapons and they can take down anything that can't kite them.
>>
What about battlefleet Gothic armada
>>
>>30124025
hearts of iron all of them
>>
>>30124516
Did you play Rome 2? Because that was what the Rome 2 campaigns were like unless you went out of your way to be fancy, which was impossible at time (if you had a huge empire.)

And in Attila, that is how every early battle is, until you can afford more cavalry, play Celts, or the Huns/White Huns. Later on in the game it gets a little more technical, but the early game was pretty boring for most factions, in terms of battling stuff rather than auto completion just to keep playing the map.
>>
>>30124542
Use radious mod for attila. it doesnt lock out early nations from heavy heavy infantry, so rome cant just attack-move straight into your paper thin levies with their free super-heavies. also fixes the AI so its not broken as fuck, and makes it a bit more intelligent in battles. >>30124534
This. get hearts of iron 4 from GMG for $30 with the 25% off code they have somewhere. itll be fucking magical.
>>
>>30124542

>Not playing Shogun, Medieval, Rome, Medieval 2, or Shogun 2

Pleb, TW went to complete shit after Shogun 2.
Also, TW: Warhammer a shit, the "Can't attack race cuz lore" is cancer, so is fantasy TW in general.

Total War should literally never go fantasy, and Games Workshop is a malignant tumor on gaming of all types and needs to be excised.
>>
>>30124526
Empire is my favorite faction and so far only the great swords are worth anything when it comes to fighting the large enemies. they still take assloads of losses. best to tie them up with a group of spears and have your handgunners poke some holes in them.

Havn't played dwarves yet.
>>
>>30124572
I never had any issue with Rome in Attila. Or anyone honestly. I just hated the early game's repetition, until I got to some unclear level of power and money and was able to get the resources to go make a shit ton of armies.
>>
>>30124579
>"Can't attack race cuz lore" is cancer.
subjective.
>Total War should literally never go fantasy,
subjective.
>Games Workshop is a malignant tumor on gaming of all types
fact.
>>
Total War games have been garbage ever since Creative Assembly was bought out by SEGA.

They have been stuck on the cancerous Warscape Engine for nearly 10 years now.
It was okay in Empire and Napoleon, but has ruined just about every game they've built upon it since.

Shogun was okay, for a game running on Warscape.

Don't give them money until they build something new and not shit to run these games on.
>>
>>30124025
Dawn of war: Soulstorm has a pretty steady and strong online community. On top of that the Mod-community has recently boomed with mods like Ultimate Apocalypse (fucking massive battles with a wide selection of units) and Firestorm over Kaurava (more tactical and focused gameplay with a wide selection of new units).

If you want to go further into grand strategy then Hearts of Iron or Victoria 2 are your best bets. Hearts of Iron is much more focused on warfare and Victoria 2 is more focused on overall management of your nation. However these games have a pretty steep learning curve that can put many people off.
>>
>>30124579
Ok dude. Go be a fuckhead someplace else.

>>30124580
>>30124580
I'm pretty sure infantry is supposed to be pretty flimsy in TWWH. But the Great Swords are pretty boss. And they can take down giants, the Orc spiders, and trolls/undead shit pretty good. Chosen with Halberds are best. But the Empire's strength comes from it's cavalry and artillery. Once you get some decent artillary unlocked you pretty much destroy large monsters.

Dwarves are fun. But not my playstyle. You are forced to turtle. Chaos and Vamp Counts are my two favorite so far. Orcs WOULD be ,y favorite, but dat Waaaghh mechanic is pretty brutal.
>>
>>30124629
See, people like you are basically the same level of autismic cancer as TW fanboys.

>It's garbage
>"Why?"
>Well their engine is...
>"Not even as old as the Unreal engine, which is still used in it's original form?"
>But warscape is bad
>"Why?"
>Because it just is.

Same mentality as a weeaboo or a TW fanboy. "It's good/bad because I say so."
>>
>>30124629
>They have been stuck on the cancerous Warscape Engine for nearly 10 years now.
>It was okay in Empire and Napoleon, but has ruined just about every game they've built upon it since.
>Shogun was okay, for a game running on Warscape.

Your just arguing with yourself. Rome 2 and Atilla were garbage games because creative assembly used a team made up of amateurs and shit developers. Shogun 2 is a prime example of how engine limitations can be overcome and produce a remarkably good game, and from what I've heard warhammer total war is actually pretty good.
>>
>>30124648

>Games Workshop fan identified

fuck GW, and fuck whoever's had Creative Assembly's balls in a vice the last 4 titles they've released.

Total War has been completely ruined. Somehow 14 year old Medieval Total War is more playable and enjoyable than Atilla or Rome 2.

The small scope and shit combat mechanics of the new games are horrendous.
>>
>>30124579
>>30124714
>Also, TW: Warhammer a shit, the "Can't attack race cuz lore" is cancer, so is fantasy TW in general.
>so is fantasy TW in general.

Have you actually played the game? I used to rail against Shogun because of the setting and then I actually played it and enjoyed it quite a lot. Don't just bin a game because you dislike or are disinterested by the setting.
>>
>>30124714

Medieval is not playable lol. It's so ass backwards the simple idea of a WASD camera is impossible.
>>
>>30124025
You just posted a screenshot of one. Rome: Total War is fantastic.

Personally I like just about anything total war. Shogun 2 is where I'd put the peak of quality.
Company of heroes is good but your infantry can't hit the broad side of a barn from 10 yards.
Men of war is pretty fun, you can control each unit individually like a top down shooter. They're making a modern version called Call to Arms as well.
The Wargame series is definitely a good one, basically cold war and beyond. It does have serious issues imo.
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War is pretty fun for being part of a generally garbage franchise.
Star Wars: Empire at War is fun for space battles. Land is a bit lacking without mods though.
Galactic Civilizations is fun when it's not being glitchy as hell.
If you go for a Command & Conquer game get Generals.
Sins of a Solar Empire is pretty fun, some ridiculously large battles can happen which is great.

Total War Warhammer has some filthy casual grade issues. Roommates that have it have been complaining about it being very arcadey, taking away most of the actual strategy and encouraging auto resolves. We all have spent ridiculous amounts of time in total war games so I'm inclined to believe them.
>>
>>30124699
I'd argue that Attila is pretty good.

And Total Warhammer is good. They did a pretty good job. My only complaint is that each race is forced to behave a certain way. And I understand why, but I don't think they should have pigeon holed certain races into only being able to take over certain cities. I think the actual game restrictions should not exist, because the game mechanic restrictions (Vampire counts needing to spread corruption, Waaagghh's/Fightiness, Chaos being a horde, etc.) sort of forces you to have a harder time with certain things.

Best example is Vampire Counts. It is very hard for them to get enough money to deal with the eventual Chaos invasion because they can't go south and take over Dwarf/Orc lands. Sacking is just not as reliable for them because of their shitty multiplying army costs. (every army costs double the last, I think.)
>>
>>30124740
>Medieval is not playable lol
Third dumbest comment in this thread.
>>
File: 16494_4cf8b47aa505f.jpg (374 KB, 1280x938) Image search: [Google]
16494_4cf8b47aa505f.jpg
374 KB, 1280x938
>>30124025

>"exploring strategic thinking"

I guess you had better start reading campaign histories and playing Gary Grigsby's War in the East then.

Are you sure you didn't mean that you just want to play fun strategy games?
>>
>>30124738

I played it. Can't stand it.

I think that smashing up the genres detracts from both.

Total War was originally about massive empire building and such. It was about smashing armies of men against one another and attempting to prove the superiority of one civilization over another. Want Roman legions to storm Persian satraps? Do it! Want to support US Marines in the American annexation of Crete? You bet!

Warhammer universes and grimdark setting in general are definitely not. They are supposed to be about the grind of never ending war and.. well.. being grimdark. This doesn't translate well to empire building, because the universe is about endless war and hopeless conflict.

This is further lost in translation when they don't even let you take over other areas as a race.

Want to send the Emperor's brave soldiers to occupy the Mines? Get fucked. Want to settle your Chaos lords and subjugate massive tracts of Imperial land and usurp the human governments? No, just no.

>>30124740

Yeah I have hundreds of hours logged on it.
>>
No Graviteam Tactics? Come on /k/. It's the true patrician game. I know some of you guys play it, speak up.
I can't be alone in here.
>>
>>30124848
>Want to send the Emperor's brave soldiers to occupy the Mines? Get fucked. Want to settle your Chaos lords and subjugate massive tracts of Imperial land and usurp the human governments? No, just no.

CA made a mod, the day the game came out, that makes it to where you can do whatever you want as whoever you want. Like they did (or someone did.) for ever TW game. So...you're still just bitching for the sake of bitching.

We enjoy things you don't enjoy. We're sorry.
>>
>>30124509
Dude, just accept that it's a dying game.

>only 6k viewers on twitch right now
>most of those are from 4 channels
>in the game that used to have the highest ratio of stream viewers:playerbase
>Whenever Destiny streams he's literally the majority of the starcraft viewership

It's completely dead in NA, and practically dead in korea.
LOTV is the death groan.

also
>implying its even that hard to get number 1 grand master in NA right now because you mostly just get matched vs diamond players
>>
>>30124890

>tech/unit tree a shit
>city battles are "take the wall, you win!"
>4 playable factions at release... "don't worry! at least we have day 1 """""""""""""""""""""free""""""""""""""""""" DLC"
>artillery are laser guided cruise missiles now
>taking a village is literally a flat piece of land
>diplomacy is a bigger joke than it has been

Not to mention the awful battle mechanics that massively favor an army with a numbers advantage. Gone are the days of using wit and adaptability to fend off or at least slow down a numerically superior attacker.

It is, arguably, a decent Warhammer game, if you're into that. It is a shit Total War game, however.
>>
>>30124988

Yeah, I preordered SC2: WoL and hated it so much I refused to buy the expansions.

I was a massive SC and SC: BW fanboy, and I have to say that Blizzard really fucked up.
>>
File: 20160330202959_1.jpg (425 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160330202959_1.jpg
425 KB, 1920x1080
>>30124855
>take out a KV going uphill towards my assault gun position
>it rolls back down hill in flames for nearly a km
>reaches a squad of russians hiding in the lowground and explodes right on top of them, killing half the squad
>>
File: 1371523790810.jpg (17 KB, 193x245) Image search: [Google]
1371523790810.jpg
17 KB, 193x245
>>30124855
It is the true patrician tactics wargame.
It's by far the most adrenalin inducing tactics game I know.
>mfw having a recon squad try and figure out where a column of vehicles are in middle of the night
>>
>>30124224
not Rome 2. That game was god awful
>>
>>30125025
lol
This panzerjäger took a 76mm HE round to the face.
It survived by the will of der Führer himself. None of the crew died, and the TD was perfectly fine.
>>
File: mius04.jpg (52 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
mius04.jpg
52 KB, 620x349
>>30125025

This

>when a Tiger rolls up on your boys and you only have a handful of RPG 40s and AT rifles

>pls.. pls go away very quickly Mr. German... Go away very quickly!
>>
File: 20160525184621_1.jpg (724 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160525184621_1.jpg
724 KB, 1920x1080
>>30125010
>5 playable factions at start
>all completely different styles of play with hugely different game mechanics, the only similar units between two factions are ork giants vs chaos giants, which have different stats and look a little different.
>each faction has entirely different animations for its units

meanwhile in Attila
>"""10""" factions at launch
>ERE and WRE are the same with slightly different flavor
>visigoths, ostrogoths, vandals, and alans are the same with slightly different flavor and slight differences in unit roster
>saxons and franks are the same thing
>sassanids and huns are the only ones that are "unique" at launch
>all of them are human
>tech trees work the exact same way
>religion mechanics work the exact same way
>animations are all shared

>Shogun 2
>all factions are literally the same thing with one unique unit each
>wow such variety

Also
>awful battle mechanics that massively favor an army with a numbers advantage
>mfw pic related
>>
>>30125010
>tech unit tree shit

What?

>City battles take wall you win

Are you retarded or playing on easy? Because it sounds like you're retarded or play on easy.

>4 playable factions

I don't see how that's an issue. Especially since in Warhammer they are the main four that make sense for the time period you're in, in the WH universe.

>Artillery are laser guided missiles.

Are you playing the same game as me? Empire Arty can't hit shit.

>taking a village is literally a flat piece of land

Huh?

>diplomacy is a bigger joke than it has been

It's supposed to be in WH. Everyone hates each other. That's the point. Only the Dwarves and Empire somewhat get along.

>Not to mention the awful battle mechanics that massively favor an army with a numbers advantage. Gone are the days of using wit and adaptability to fend off or at least slow down a numerically superior attacker.

What? I just feel like you played one battle and ragequit. Like...fuck dude. I don't think you're playing the same game as me. Or you're upset that Vampire Counts pooped on you.

>It is, arguably, a decent Warhammer game, if you're into that. It is a shit Total War game, however.

I I think it's good either way. I wanted it to be as good as Attila. And Yes, attila is a step down from earlier games. But it was still good. And Warhammer is a bit better than it, so I feel like I got my money's worth.

I really do think you played for maybe 2 hours and got butthurt. Then you went and read everyone else's complaints online in reviews and on forums and just added it to your one or two original gripes because you're salty that you got your hopes up.
>>
File: 1461454036637.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
1461454036637.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>>30125036
>Find the column
>They have tanks and 1000000000 half-tracks
>>
File: Just Another WoT.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1860) Image search: [Google]
Just Another WoT.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1860
>>30124025
>I just want a community that's a little more hardcore and not so small, while having good strategic gameplay.
>Is that too much to ask for?
You obviously do not want World of Tanks.

The average player has a 46% WR, no idea what they're doing, won't listen to advice, will give commands to rest of the team, who are always at fault for their poor performance, and after yet another team gets a ten tank flank pushed in by three opponents someone hands you a cheese sandwich.
>>
>>30124528
Would not suggest. It is a mediocre game at best.
>>
>>30125100
>plays Chaos
>knows about all the other TW games in general

L-l...Learningcircles?
>>
>>30125100

>implying Atilla isn't also complete dogshit

Like I said, Rome 2 - current are shit.

Also, please explain the benefit of not being able to attack or defend an entire city. How about not even seeing the village you're fighting over?

>>30125113

>city battles

I mean you fight over exactly one piece of wall, instead of.. you know.. the city

>it supposed to be

see the "lore" excuse. It's a fucking Total War game goddamn it, If I want to make a Chaos-Empire coalition to rule I should be able to.

Some of the other stuff is subjective I guess, but I miss the old days of Total War, where they weren't complete fucking dogshit. I can't defend it. I want to like it, it's a Total War game, I want to love it and spend 800 hours on it, but I just can't.

Not to mention that I can't stand knowing the inevitable release of "culture packs" that will add factions and then subfactions and then gameplay tweaks that should've been in the original game. For fuck's sake, there was a day 1 DLC for faction 5, and don't you DARE justify it as "well it was free if you bought it within a week of release!" That's a fucking marketing ploy and you know it. It was obviously ready to be rolled in with the base game and they chose not to.

What if the base game came with only the Empire, but the other 4 were """"""""""free"""""""""" the first week? You'd feel kinda fucked if you, for whatever reason, didn't buy it the first week, huh?
>>
File: Dr.-Strangelove.png (243 KB, 1015x466) Image search: [Google]
Dr.-Strangelove.png
243 KB, 1015x466
>playing coalition campaign in napoleon as UK
>clear ocean of french and tap eater ships off Portugal
>have mediumish army built up of line infantry and light in Gibraltar
>reenforcements them with a full stack that has arty and some cav and plenty of infantry
>Spanish attack me at river with three fucking stacks
>blow up the bridge so they can only get across the Ford
>lure them into a three way ambush
>constantly having to place new units in the line because the ones there are out of ammo
>Howitzer are constantly firing at the small area across from my ambush
>cannons taking out their artillery
>fight off 4th wave, all my units are out of ammo
>mfw Spanish units rally and charge back in
>order a melee charge for the king
>out of the three stacks thry left with the equivalent of a 1/4 stack of men
>I loose a few hundred
God save the king lads
>>
>>30125218
What do you think is the best TW game?
Funny enough, Rome 2 and Attila are the only ones that really have you fighting over an actual walled city rather than a fort. Those two games also had the largest actual variety between factions aside from the first Rome.

Care to explain why you think a wall that faces one or two directions with heavy defenses is worse than a wall that faces four directions with the same total amount of defenses? Especially when the maps are roughly the same size and theres actual room to maneuver on the walls?
>>
>>30125294
er, medieval and rome 1 also had walled cities, but the battles were dogshit because the AI couldn't do fucking anything on the offense.
>>
>>30125218
>I mean you fight over exactly one piece of wall, instead of.. you know.. the city

Lol, which city did you play your one city battle in?

>It's a fucking Total War game goddamn it, If I want to make a Chaos-Empire coalition to rule I should be able to.

Then don't play the game.

>Some of the other stuff is subjective I guess, but I miss the old days of Total War, where they weren't complete fucking dogshit. I can't defend it. I want to like it, it's a Total War game, I want to love it and spend 800 hours on it, but I just can't.

Then...don't play the game. Play Shogun.

>Not to mention that I can't stand knowing the inevitable release of "culture packs" that will add factions and then subfactions and then gameplay tweaks that should've been in the original game. For fuck's sake, there was a day 1 DLC for faction 5, and don't you DARE justify it as "well it was free if you bought it within a week of release!" That's a fucking marketing ploy and you know it. It was obviously ready to be rolled in with the base game and they chose not to.

Personally, I don't mind the DLC stuff because I buy the ones I like. It's just another one of those things, where "not playing the game." would solve all your issues.
>What if the base game came with only the Empire, but the other 4 were """"""""""free"""""""""" the first week? You'd feel kinda fucked if you, for whatever reason, didn't buy it the first week, huh?

I don't know dude. I don't really care. I bought the game and got Chaos. They are one of my favorite races...but I'm not a whiney snot nosed brat about DLC. I would have played Vampire Counts (like I am) and had tons of fun (like I am.) without Chaos being added in.

Then, when the DLC flood happens I have this ability to say "Oh, cool. I'll buy it on sale. Or not at all. For now I'll keep playing the factions I enjoyed."

I know it's hard for you to comprehend the idea of NOT buying a game you know you'll hate. Or waiting on patches.
>>
>>30125294
>Funny enough, Rome 2 and Attila are the only ones that really have you fighting over an actual walled city rather than a fort. Those two games also had the largest actual variety between factions aside from the first Rome.

This as well.

Empire and Napoleon TW city battles were pretty much over tiny forts and "cities" that were usually just as small. Even Shogun had a ton of siege battles where you only saw your attacker from 1-2 directions.
>>
>>30124033
It's a $20 bil industry in the US alone.
>>
>>30124511
>also the chat is utterly filled with /pol/ trolls and idiots that fall for that shit.
how about just not reading the chat?
>>
>>30125294

I don't really know. I loved a lot of the originals. Medieval 1 and 2 were great, for different reasons, and in my opinion can still coexist, as they have different strong points. Rome 1 was fantastic, especially being able to go through the Marius Reforms and having the benefit of getting whole new classes of soldiers that kick ass while also having to struggle to phase out your legacy units because they can no longer be replenished.

Empire was fun because of the massive globe-spanning campaigns you could embark on, and being able to actually take over the entire planet as the United States is awesome. Also, revolutions where you get to pick between the Monarchy and the Populists to maintain the old order or establish a fledgling republic was cool.

Rome 2 was playable but really dumbed down. Attila I couldn't touch. Refunded.

>>30125333

>don't play the game

yeah I refunded it

>don't play the game

see above

>I don't mid the DLC stuff

then you're saying that pic related is not only acceptable but are actively encouraging it.

>whiny snot nosed brat about DLC

this is what's wrong. Am I literally the only one that played games when games were released in entirety? For instance, I loved Starcraft. I still love the original Starcraft. Brood War was fucking AWESOME. It was a massive improvement with huge additions to one of my favorite games ever released.

Blizzard saw what they could add to make the game better, and they created and released a massive amount of content and updates in a single disc that was like, half the price of the original.

That being said, if SC and SC: BW came out the same day, I would be fucking pissed, because why the fuck did you not put all of the shit into the original when they were ready at the same time? You're hacking off pieces of the game and selling them to me piecemeal. That's wrong.

I want a full experience on release, not to pay $180 on parts of a whole, and NOT $5 on fucking blood effects.
>>
File: 75582660.jpg (71 KB, 500x644) Image search: [Google]
75582660.jpg
71 KB, 500x644
>>30125493

oops, forgot pic.
>>
>>30124025
> It can be a "shooter"
you might want to check out Project reality. its a battlefield 2 mod that focus much on tactics and teamwork. the community isen't that large but it is not about to die and there are always servers online with players. The mod is now standalone and free so you won"t lose anything by checking it out.
>>
>>30124509
> It isn't just ramming two armies together and hoping you win.
It is if you BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.
>>
>>30124025
...I'm going to have to dig Rome total war out of the Steam library again, thanks for the nostalgia blast OP.

Occasionally, Darkest Hour can be pretty tactical, I play on the public server so it is usually full of idiots, but once in a while everything clicks.
You're laying down covering fire, lobbing a grenade, then maneuvering just as it goes off, inching your way forward, laying down smoke, communicating, can be really good. It's satisfying knowing that you helped your team win, regardless of your 'kill count'.
But a lot of the time on public servers its mostly randoms with very little cohesion getting mowed down by six guys with mics.

I'd join the battalion so I could get into private matches, but don't have the time.

Anyway, rant over.
>>
>>30125493
Shogun Fall of the Samurai was pretty fun, it was satisfying to mow down berks with swords using your parrots and equally satisfying ambushing a bunch of line infantry with your insane samurai and hacking them to pieces.
Naval fighting was good too (the tightening in your balls when a torpedo actually hit home).

The siege battles sucked donkey balls.
>>
>>30125493
>yeah I refunded it

Then why are you complaining?

>then you're saying that pic related is not only acceptable but are actively encouraging it.

Pic related isn't really even how it works though. You're using anti-fun level tactics to prove a moot point.

>Am I literally the only one that played games when games were released in entirety?

You mean you came from a time when Diablo had no DLC, they just released Diablo 2 and charged full price for a marginally different game? Yes. I remember the days where they added "2" or "3" or even "IV" to their DLC titles.

>That being said, if SC and SC: BW came out the same day, I would be fucking pissed, because why the fuck did you not put all of the shit into the original when they were ready at the same time? You're hacking off pieces of the game and selling them to me piecemeal. That's wrong.

But that isn't even what is happening either. They may come out with DLC pretty quick and have semi-questionable ethics in terms of that. But they didn't release 2 full games at once. Ever.

>I want a full experience on release, not to pay $180 on parts of a whole, and NOT $5 on fucking blood effects.

Then mod it all for free. And buy the stuff you like, not the stuff you feel like you are owed.

And the blood effects were like $1.99. Not $5. Even still, about 50 mods for even better blood effects exist, for free. Which is what I got.

You're really whiny dude. And you're misrepresenting the stuff you want to whine about to make a mountain out of...nothing.
>>
>>30124685

Look at anon, putting words in another's mouth.

Didn't say age mattered.
Unreal is old and is a decent game engine.

Warscape is just trash.

Unit collision is shit.

It worked fine for Empire, Napoleon due to the ranged focus of those games. When the line infantry charged and engaged in melee, it wasn't retarded to see them blob together like it is in games like Attila, Rome 2, Shogun 2.

The engine is also buggy as fuck. Units not following commands, acting pants-on-head retarded when trying to ford a river, ships rowing across land as if it were open ocean.

It was poorly designed from the beginning, and has *not* aged well.

I've had better strawmen thrown in front of my by my ultra-lib roommate.

>>30124699

I said okay, anon. Not remarkable, great, exceptional, or any other synonym.
The engine was designed for the ranged combat of Empire and Napoleon, like I said previously. It wasn't perfect but it was "okay". The very next game, CA should have developed a new engine to run a different era of combat.

Instead, the company is gimped by SEGA and their policy of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

I would not call Shogun 2 a remarkably good game, but there is no sense in arguing a subjective point.
>>
>>30125612

>why are you complaining?

Because I'm tired of people shitting up my favorite franchises

>full price for a marginally different game

Yeah.. besides the items, characters, classes, stats, abilities, inventory... you get the point. That's like saying Iron Man 1 was a trailer for Iron Man 2.

>pretty quick

Okay, on the SAME DAY and at the SAME TIME that TW: Warhammer came out with 4 factions, a separate faction came out as a DLC, which was obviously ready to be rolled into the game, but for whatever reason they decided that we needed to pay a little extra for it.

Like I said, is it okay to sell one faction at a time? I can appreciate all factions and want to play them all, how do I decide a "favorite" and play them?

Same for Rome 2. On the SAME DAY as Rome 2 came out, there was the Greek Culture DLC which happened to have a faction, Sparta, that everyone wanted to play, but nope! That's an extra $10! It was ready to be in the game, but they could make &70 off of a $60 release so why not?

>mods

yeah let me just finish your fucking game for you. That's retarded, that's what Bethesda wants us to do with broken ass Fallout 4.

>w-we have mods guise! total modding support! here is mod supporting! we know game is lacking in all areas and we keep churning out update-tier DLC but.. you can finish the polish where we couldn't be fucked!

The idea of having to mod a game to make it bearable is shit. Can you imagine if an indie developer did this shit? They would actually go bankrupt. What we need is a good old 80's style video game crash. EA, Bethesda, DICE, Ubisoft, holy fuck Ubisoft, and SEGA need to go bust so we can learn and rebuild on the ashes.
>>
File: mb38.1.jpg (916 KB, 1920x998) Image search: [Google]
mb38.1.jpg
916 KB, 1920x998
>all this Total War Warhammer talk.

I'll stick to Warsword Conquest I guess...
>>
>>30125790
>crying about mods

They're fucking free and there's already good ones out. Its not 1997 anymore. Get over or fuck off. Stop crying about it on a Chinese coloring book forum.
>>
>>30125837
Don't worry, you'll be back when it crashes. or when you finally get tired of "magic" that's just retextured bombards.

It was fun, but it's got a shitload of issues.
>>
>>30124848
>They are supposed to be about the grind of never ending war and.. well.. being grimdark.
Don't be silly. The Warhammer world wasn't a grimdark there-is-only-war fest like the 40k universe until relatively recently when the franchise was circling the toilet bowl and GW was desperately proving it had no idea how to save it.

>This is further lost in translation when they don't even let you take over other areas as a race.
Yeah, that was a dumb move.
>>
>>30125880

>stop crying over being asked to pay $200 for a $60 game!

mods are cool, they can be extremely immersive and can take the game to a place the creators never thought possible. This is what mods are for, like Rome: TW Europa Barbarorum. That is the epitome of successful communities expanding a fantastic game to make it even better.

Mods are NOT supposed to finish a game that was shitty and unpolished or straight up broken on release. Modders are dedicated members of communities that want to make their experience more fun and share that fun with the community. It is wrong and unfair to make your own community finish your shitbox you brought to market.

You still haven't justified day 1 DLC that should've been and could've been rolled into the game beyond "hurr durr get over it Diablo II was DLC for Diablo."

You probably justify microtransactions in full games too, huh? Probably the same asshole defending supply drops in CoD.

I already walked away from CoD and their bullshit years ago, I'd prefer to not lose another franchise I've historically liked to the same style of shitty salesmanship.

Whether you like it or not, less and less people are buying into the bullshit, and I pray that means another video game market crash.
>>
>>30125953

>until relatively recently when the franchise was circling the toilet bowl and GW was desperately proving it had no idea how to save it

Yeah.. the End Times where GW basically said
>Lol, that army you've been building for 4 years, yeah, no longer exists.
Was really shitty and they should feel bad.
>>
If i didn't see AoS under the list of things they can include, i'd have sworn that a Sigmarine DLC would be inevitable.
>>
>>30126066
>can
can't*
>>
>>30125476
The chat is the best thing at it. Like condensed /b/.
>>
>>30125957
>genuine autism
>>
File: MASTER.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MASTER.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>30124988
>>30125022
literally git gud
>>
Wargame is far and away the best RTS out there...once you have a grasp of it that is...
>>
>>30126066

>Skubhammer: Age of Skub DLC

fuck please no.

AoS is literally "Warhammer 40k: Fantasy This Time!"

>>30126089

>hating spending $300 on unfinished bullshit with microtransactions is autism

okay, drink more of the kool-aid
>>
>>30124511
>when a 70% accuracy chapparal misses the enemy hind 3 times in a row just to get one-shotted by its 40% accuracy ATGM

is this a serious complaint?

don't you understand how numbers work? this is some third grade level stuff, anon.
>>
>>30126126

writing a gigantic shitty post whining about something you have no control over is autism. how long did this take you? half an hour? that's half an hour of your life you will never get back. you won't even remember you did this by the end of the day.

>God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
>Courage to change the things I can,
>And wisdom to know the difference.
>>
>>30126091
>implying masters NA in sc2 means anything anymore when people like Destiny get number 1 GM after a few months of playing lotv
>>
>>30126126
>spending $300

why does this number keep going up?

it's a $40 game with free mods. most adults make that much money in an hour. perhaps you should get a job rather than spending all of your time making up things about videogames.
>>
>>30126142

>I can only be pissed about things I can directly alter the outcome of

>don't be mad Tyrone is fucking your girlfriend, you literally cannot change it, time for serene feelings

whoever came up with that quote was obviously either a pussy or hated America.
>>
>>30126147
you lose a thousand ladder points for every inch on your penis which is why the gooks will always clog up GM league
>>
>>30126158
>gooks will always clog up north american GM league
?????????
>>
>>30126147
Yes, but he doesn't have to complain about a dying community because he's up there with all the other players. Gold and up in SC2=Good community in each league. Just becaus ethey don't have 7 million players like League of Legends doesn't mean it's dying...or worthless.

I was Plat, and getting to play SC2 in platinum was pretty fun. Everyone was cool. The community loved to help. And it really didn't make a shit that there is only a community of like 100,000 players in NA.
>>
>>30126156
>complains and lies about videogames on the internet
>has an obsession with black cock

you're a real winner, anon.
>>
>>30126155

?

TW: Warhammer is $60, Chaos is $8. That's already $68 for a $60 game

When new bullshit "Emprah Protects!" soundbyte DLC and "Blood for the Blood God!" color scheme DLC comes out it will be $80 for a $60 game. The more bullshit they add the more you spend on shit that should be fucking free.

Civ V did it right, base game, 3 awesome fucking expansions that drastically change the game and add massive amounts of new content and depth.

>>30126177

>Diablo II was DLC for Diablo

okay dipshit.
>>
>>30126176
>he doesn't have to complain about a dying community because he's up there with all the other players.
Thats literally his biggest complaint is that NA sc is dead because all of the good players switched to EU or asia servers.
He was getting matched vs diamond players on GM ladder within a month of lotv's release.
>>
File: 1464724704865.jpg (25 KB, 411x419) Image search: [Google]
1464724704865.jpg
25 KB, 411x419
>>30126156
>whoever came up with that quote was obviously either a pussy or hated America.

it's a common-sense instruction for life, anon. people who don't follow this advice end up like you, babbling about BBC on a mongolian sheep-tattooing electric convention.
>>
File: 1464594059776.jpg (22 KB, 346x387) Image search: [Google]
1464594059776.jpg
22 KB, 346x387
>>30126195
>$68 is $300

Get a job, kiddo. Maybe then you'll learn the value of money.
>>
>>30126155
>it's a $40 game with free mods
They plan on adding stuff till 2018

if you want a complete game, you won't be paying 60.
>>
>>30126156
>don't be mad Tyrone is fucking your girlfriend, you literally cannot change it, time for serene feelings

It's actually not their fault that you're too big of a pussy to do anything about this.
>>
>>30126206

>Diablo II is DLC for Diablo
>buying a part of a game on release that you already bought is okay and not fucked up at all

quit justifying your shitty purchase. Supply drops are shit.

>>30126217

>le kid meme

I work for my money, so I prefer to not spend it on shit that should come with the original purchase.
>>
>>30125969
The biggest problem with End Times is that they were shoveling those books out as fast as they could. What should have been a fairly long celebratory event that sought to give the community a great send off was instead over before people had finished painting their new End Times models.

And the story line was also pretty shit in a lot of places. Like all of Vermintide.
>>
>>30126231
>I work for my money

Right, which is why you've been shitposting about this for the past five hours on a Tuesday.
>>
File: patchtoss.jpg (19 KB, 991x82) Image search: [Google]
patchtoss.jpg
19 KB, 991x82
>>30126203
>good players
>EU
LOL
really if you wanted high league you should have done nothing but ravager rush for the first month after LotV came out then immediately switched to Protoss so you can keep those Adepts Per Minute up
>>
>>30126231
>>Diablo II is DLC for Diablo

How stupid do you have to be to actually believe this?

These games were released ten years apart, ten years ago. How are you still confused about this?
>>
>>30126241

Hey, I've got some great beachfront property to sell you up in Nebraska.

>>30126253

It's what he said earlier to justify spending extra money on shit.
>>
>>30126217

>Paying $68 on release for a """""""""""""""""""$60"""""""""""""""""" game is acceptable

okay man, whatever you say. Your money.
>>
File: It Was Bias.png (423 KB, 662x597) Image search: [Google]
It Was Bias.png
423 KB, 662x597
>>30126129
>is this a serious complaint?
Yes. If you have a 7/10 chance of hitting and you miss three times in a row before getting hit on the first try by something with a 4/10 chance of hitting it is very frustrating.

And if it happens repeatedly there's a problem.
>>
>>30126243
NA ladder has the lowest skill of all m8. Why do you think all the pro players switch to SEA or EU to get better?
Even fucking Winter is GM on NA now.
>>
>>30126195
>Diablo II was DLC for Diablo

>okay dipshit.

You missed my point entirely...but then again you're the guy who spends money on stuff he knows he'll dislike just to get something to complain about. And you have also complained about stuff that has been part of all TW games ("HURR DURR THE CITY BATTLES ARE GAY") even though the only city battles that were on a scale in which you described only existed in like, 4 TW games. Two of which you said you hated. (Rome 2, and Attila.)

Dunno man. It seems like you're just an asshole trying to ruin other people's fun because you are incapable of having the same fun as us.

Or you're autistic. And i'm not even using that as a buzzword. Like, comparing childhood nostalgia (THE FIRST TOTAL WAR GAMES WERE SO GOOD!) to adulthood cynicism and disappointment because you want to have your childhood expectations met again, is pretty fucking autistic. If someone came out with a game that was like Shogun or Empire, you'd throw a fit about it not having XYZ and you'd compare it to something else you played before because of your nostalgic attachment to games you played as a kid, despite those games being shitty by most standards today.

In short...you're a manchild.
>>
>>30126089
Nice non-argument faggot.
>>
File: noob.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
noob.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
>>30126284
Winter is a disgusting viewbotting hacker
>>
>>30126285
>autism
>just hate fun
>manchild
ahh, the full gamut
>>
Men of war and medieval 2 total war are my favourite.
>>
>>30125476
The problem is that /pol/ bullshit dominates the community for that entire game. and it ostracizes all the normal people to teamspeak where they just pubstack into completely one-sided matches.
the >germany did nothing wrong
and >we should nuke mexico
shit is all utterly fucking non-constructive. Rarely is their discussion about the actual game and not people acting like 2dark2edgy4me 12y/os.
>>
>>30126285

>Talking shit on releasing a $60 for $68 is ruining my fun!

Hey, if you hate me because you fell bad about your financial decisions and feel the need to justify your purchase, go ahead. The marketing strategy is objectively fucked up and takes advantage of people.

If you want to keep pumping money into a dying franchise, go ahead, but I'm not going down with the ship.
>>
>>30125433
There's a whole lotta fags.
>>
>>30126306
Dude, GM gameplay right now in NA servers would literally be diamond tier in 2012. When winter gets matched vs other "GM" players they play like what diamond league used to be. I haven't even played lotv and just from watching these shitty gameplays I know I can easily get at least masters now when I used to be a diamond player in hots.
>>
>>30124025
Most of the games here are too easy (total war for example). Id stick with either older grand strategy games or games like the Combat Mission series.

Only play games where you fight humans, fighting AI is always gonna be easy after a few hours.

Combat mission is my go to game. There are communities you can join and practically find endless players to fight battles on.
>>
>>30124339
Pfft. Munitions grade garbage. Had he used premium armor he'd still be alive. What a pleb he deserved his death.
>>
>>30126270
>>30126282
>>30126283
>>30126296

Please kill yourself already, I can't believe you've actually spent five hours complaining about being asked (but not forced) to pay the cost of a happy meal for a videogame.

Your life must be an endless nightmare of being punked by everyone you know if this is the kind of thing that actually makes you upset. If you won't end it for our sake, end it for your own.
>>
File: q7ir0JI.jpg (72 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
q7ir0JI.jpg
72 KB, 1024x576
>>30126363
>I haven't even played lotv
and here it is. the good ol' "i haven't played the game but i'm TOTALLY masters"
>>
>>30126378

Yeah, that's not all one guy dude.

Also
>cost of a happy meal

Where the fuck do you live that a $5 happy meal costs $68?
>>
>>30126378
I can't believe you've also spent 5 hours arguing with us.
Says a lot huh.
>>
>>30126392
okay come on. he meant the fucking DLC is the cost of a happy meal. chill.
>>
>>30126392
>$5 happy meal is $68
>$68 is $200
>$200 is $300
>>
File: UNITA Night attack.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
UNITA Night attack.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>30124855
That's a damn good game, just need to re-install it.
>tfw playing a campaign as UNITA and rolling over MPLA trenches in the dark with infantry waves
>>
>>30125837
has this finally been updated?
>>
>>30126343
They didn't release a $60 game for $68. They released a $68 game for $60 and then raised the praise.

By the way, how does pic related make you feel. It must make you so angry to have to pay for G/S, C, and R/B all over again.
>>
>>30126383
Yep, if that's your argument against the fact that SC2 is dead in NA and dying everywhere else then that's fine. I don't want it to be this way but competitive 1v1 RTS is a dead genre.
>>
>>30126400

>Happy meal costs $5
>want a toy? yeah, extra $3
>toy is for a boy? yeah extra $4
>toy is for a girl? yeah extra $6
>mighty kids meal? shit, like $12 more
>mighty kids meal AND a toy? goddamn like another $17
>mighty kids meal and a boy toy? tell you what, we're having a special, I'll box it all up for $50
>for a girl? Shit.. that might cost you.

>>30126423

>They released a $68 game for $60

If you're actually retarded yeah, I guess you can see it that way.

>pic related

I don't play pokemon. remastered editions are cool though. Metro Redux was pretty good.
>>
>>30126343
>Hey, if you hate me because you fell bad about your financial decisions and feel the need to justify your purchase, go ahead. The marketing strategy is objectively fucked up and takes advantage of people.

I'm the guy that said I buy DLC if it's on sale. You're the guy that (even though you "refunded it." If you couldn't refund it, you'd still buy it. Bet you have numerous times.) bought a $60 game to complain.

>If you want to keep pumping money into a dying franchise, go ahead, but I'm not going down with the ship.

You're treating video games like investments (which you have admittedly invested quite badly in.) If a franchise dies...I still have the games and if I enjoy them, who cares?

I just find it odd that the guy who says he "refunded" several games is giving me financial critiques. Basically what you're telling me is you buy games, just to bitch. Like that is all you've told us. And each time you do that, teh original developer gets to keep their money. Steam takes the cut (because they can, and they make their money back by offering refunds anyway.)

So you still gave money to a dying franchise.
>>
>>30126176
>Just becaus ethey don't have 7 million players like League of Legends doesn't mean it's dying

No, all of the good players quitting or switching servers means its dying.
>>
File: homeworldbattle.jpg (57 KB, 600x293) Image search: [Google]
homeworldbattle.jpg
57 KB, 600x293
>>30126434
LOL DED GAEM GUYS
the game isn't dead as long as you can find a match
pic related, a truly dead game
;-;7
>>
>>30126478
>the game isn't dead as long as ""masters"" players keep getting matched vs gold :^)
>>
>>30126416
>UNITA Night attack
Wow! Whats that game?
>>
File: baitforthebaitgod.jpg (83 KB, 960x916) Image search: [Google]
baitforthebaitgod.jpg
83 KB, 960x916
>>30126503
>unironically watches twitch
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE GUYS
>no ur game is dead lol
>>
>>30126475
On one server.

And if you want to follow that train of thought nearly every game is "dying".
>>
>>30126537
>i have no idea what i'm talking about because i'm in denial that the only game i'm good at is dying
There's no draw for new players and there are no more pro NA players that are still on NA servers. Denial isn't going to fix SC2.
>>
File: 1464001556766.jpg (63 KB, 750x499) Image search: [Google]
1464001556766.jpg
63 KB, 750x499
We're treading dangerously close to the /v/ side here, guys.
>>
File: protoss4.jpg (45 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
protoss4.jpg
45 KB, 400x267
>>30126593
FUCK YOU WE"RE ARGUING ABOUT STARCRAFT
>>
>>30126593
this tbqh
mods nuke the thread pls
>>
File: iscQyOX.jpg (910 KB, 1766x1918) Image search: [Google]
iscQyOX.jpg
910 KB, 1766x1918
>>30126333
>>
>>30126469

Okay, listen, I wasn't trying to offend you personally, the point I've been trying to get across from the beginning is that there's a lot of old school gamers that remember Shogun being dropped in 2000 and being super pumped and loving it.

Myself and several of my friends became diehard fanatics for the total war series, and the series we fell in love with almost 20 years ago is dying, being replaced by a streamlined, dumbed down, in OUR opinion, horrid amalgamation of the worst ideas from modern gaming.

We hate it. We're purists from ye times of olde. We still have fucking Starcraft LAN parties like we're in college, because we enjoy it like some old fucks enjoy getting together for D&D once a month or whatever.

To us it's a slap in the face to the old assholes that have been behind it from the beginning, and it's another thing that we probably won't be able to go forward with and enjoy. It's the seeming erosion of things we enjoy.

That being said, it really is an illusion and I'm aware of that, because as we Total War dies out for us, we've found that we enjoy other games like Stellaris and Crusader Kings, and have pretty much switched over to those games, but I still reserve the right to be a bitter asshole about things I like irrevocably changing in a manner I refuse to accept. This is the glory of living long enough: to bitch about shit nobody else cares about.
>>
>>30126567
Pro players always played on the Korean ladder. All of them. Only recently have they started going to the EU server, and that is because most Koreans have moved to the EU ladder as well.

No NA player played strictly on the NA server, if at all. So that point is entirely retarded.

As for the NA server being smaller, it really isn't. It has always been smaller than the EU/Korean servers. But in and of itself it has not really shrank or grown at all.
>>
>>30126632
nah you're just an autistic poorfag manchild who can't enjoy videogames.
>>
>>30126665

Cool. Well. I offered up the olive branch. Nobody can say I didn't try.

You're the quintessential dumb as fuck American consumer that thinks that he's actually getting a """""""""""Good Deal""""""""""" when he buys things """"""""""""on sale"""""""""""

Absolutely no critical thinking ability.
>>
>Okay, listen, I wasn't trying to offend you personally

Well you didn't, but you did try to. So if you just admit you're a snobby cunt about games...

>Myself and several of my friends became diehard fanatics for the total war series, and the series we fell in love with almost 20 years ago is dying, being replaced by a streamlined, dumbed down, in OUR opinion, horrid amalgamation of the worst ideas from modern gaming.
>We hate it. We're purists from ye times of olde

Oh, sweet, thanks dude. I forgive you.

>To us it's a slap in the face to the old assholes that have been behind it from the beginning,

SEGA? You mean SEGA? Because SEGA is the one that sets the boundaries/Goals for CA. IF you want to be mad at SEGA, be mad at SEGA. See how i'm saying SEGA a lot? The reason SEGA was able to cuck CA is because nobody supported CA back when they were making "good" games.

>This is the glory of living long enough: to bitch about shit nobody else cares about.

But it's still equally insufferable.
>>
>>30126714
Meant for

>>30126632

I'm also not >>30126665

But you have been a bit of an autistic manchild this entire time.
>>
>>30126654
pro players playing on korean ladder for a few months to get better is a little different from pro players abandoning NA ladder
>>
>>30126714
>>30126665

stfu you huge faggots he is absolutely right total war turned to shit after empire
/thread
>>
File: its just rng man get gud.webm (2 MB, 874x518) Image search: [Google]
its just rng man get gud.webm
2 MB, 874x518
>>30124511
>>30126129
>>30126283
>>
>>30126714
You've been an equal cunt the whole time, to be quite honest.
>>
>>30126619

EE was the only good Wargame. After that the devs stopped giving a fuck about balance and just tossed in progressively OP units that people would think were cool with absolutely no thought as to how they altered gameplay. They also got incredibly lazy with map design. ALB shrank the size of all maps by like 80% and what were once huge 4v4 maps with tons of room for tactical maneuvering were now composed of tiny narrow little lanes that each player was forced down and whoever spammed the most OP unit or mastered the ultimate metastrategy won. Add to that the cancerous /pol/tard community of Red Dragon and the game was literally painful to try to play. I really wish they had never made any games past EE so I could be left with my memories of Wargame as a good series rather than the childish shit it became.
>>
>>30126692
I understand your feelings anon its like watching a neghiborhood gentrify and be taken over by rich hipsters it sucks
>>
>this dude is still fucking here

six hours of whining about a videogame

and nothing has changed

time well spent, anon.
>>
>>30126768
Yes, but I'm not one *all the time.* And you/he admittedly is.
>>
>>30126836

Only on the internet.

Think of it as my "safe space" so I don't beat my wife.
>>
>>30124025
Currently installing Medieval Total War. Yes, the first one from 2001 with province based movement. Will report back if I can get it to work.
>>
File: 1462940129572.png (116 KB, 816x587) Image search: [Google]
1462940129572.png
116 KB, 816x587
>buying a total war game after the unholy abortion that was Rome II
>>
>>30124339

>they say 10mm is a meme round
>>
>>30124855
have tried several times to get it running. It's the only game I've encountered on my newish rig that has given me any problem.

Probably over 30 games installed, hundreds more that have come/gone with no issues.

Graviteam Tacitcs? Crashes as soon as it attempts to load the battle. Every time. Every single fucking time no matter what forum bullshit I try or how many times I reinstall or whatever, I can't get it to just work.

And it's making me sooooo fucking salty
>>
>>30127496
shit i feel bad for you
which one are you trying to play? I know that Op Star is an oldish game, and might not work on a newer OS. Mius Front should work fine.
>>
>>30127608
>which one are you trying to play
literally tell me which one has the best odds of working on windows 7 pro x64. I will try that.

Pretty sure I've tried them all but you might be right that Op Star is what I have. At work now so I can't look and I can't be arsed to memorize all 300+ games in my steam library lol
>>
>>30124528
Countering what >>30125174 said, it's fun and if you're a fan of 40k you'll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

That being said, I would much prefer a good 40k Sins of a Solar Empire mod in the same vein as the Star Trek mod that's out for it.

The Star Trek mod for SoaSE is fucking awesome, by the way. They did such a great job with it. Borg4lyfe
>>
>>30124579
>"Can't attack race cuz lore"

What? Is it built into the game that you can't declare war on other factions based on whether or not they're friends in the lore? I get that it's fantasy, but that seems like a major step back for a total war game.
>>
>>30127711
I wouldn't go that far, if it were about lore it would affect the interactions of all of two factions.
>>
>>30125279
Battles like this are what make Total War.

I was playing Medieval 2: Teutonic. I had a single unit of Knights slaughter an entire town of Lithuanian Pagans by them selves while only taking 4 casualties. There were something like 5 or 6 units of various kinds fortifying a hilltop village. My one unit of RitterBrudern just went to fucking town on them.

RitterBrudern 2 OP.
Just like a city street Testudo in Rome. Find a nice alleyway to hold up in with secure flanks, and only one avenue of attack, and there is no force in the world that can remove you from it.
>>
>>30127711
You can declare war on anyone, you just can't have humans/vampires living in dwarf mines
>>
>>30127711
No, anyone can attack anyone, and in warhammer lore everybody hates each other anyways.

You cannot have your dwarves live in the woods or humans living in the mines. If you want to get rid of a faction that you cannot conquer you just burn their settlements to the fucking ground
>>
>>30125100
>>30125294
>>30125333
>>30125601
>>30125612

You guys, could you just stop responding to him?
So he doesn't like the game. Whatever. It's not like he's going to change anyone else's mind. Just let it go.
>>
Guys, I'm trying to remember this mod that was either for Medieval 2 or Rome Total war, can anyone help me? Here's what I remember:

The map was fucking HUGE. Like, extremely big. Very large. Incredibly massive.
It was a big map is the point I'm trying to get across here.
There were a whole bunch of different random races for it. There was a race of Predators, like from the Predator movies. There was also a race of Zabraks, like Darth Maul from Star Wars Episode 1.
A whole lot more races, but I can't remember off the top of my head. There may have been a race of Barneys, like the big purple dinosaur. I could be wrong about that though.

Anybody know the one I'm talking about?
>>
File: 1458353352982.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458353352982.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
JUSTABURP
>>
>>30124385

And said Helicopter Gunships are gamebreakers against any faction that doesn't also have fliers exactly for that reason.
>>
File: doit.jpg (82 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
doit.jpg
82 KB, 630x630
>>30124855
>Buy game
>play early-war battalion-sized Germans defending against a local Russian counterattack.
>set up 2 HMGs and 2 AT guns in treeline over-watching a causeway.
>wait for attack.
>wait
>wait
>speed to x4
>wait
>redeploy infantry a bit, push out pickets on the flanks.
>wait
>wait
>get nervous, did the Russians slip past?
>wait
>send out a reinforced rifle platoon to investigate.
>get up to the causeway, nothing in sight.
>walk toward the Russian spawn-block-thing, nothing.
>wait
>wait
>4 of my men gunned down, 2 wounded. The Russian T-70s are driving in slow circles and infantry are dug in around their spawn block.........when they should be on the offensive.
>wait
>wait another 30 minutes
>close game, return it via steam returns
Such fucking potential
>
>>
File: 20160525223923_1.jpg (241 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160525223923_1.jpg
241 KB, 1600x900
>>30131053
they fixed that in an update on saturday.
The potential has been reached.
I assume you're talking about Mius Front, right?
>>
>>30124509
This faggot hasn't played Divide et Impera for Rome 2.

Now that's some sexy realism. Don't speed up battles either, because then the game turns into Med2 in terms of battles, where Calvary is king.
>>
>>30131107
This was months ago, I bought it cheap when it went on sale for the holidays. I really hope it was just a bug, as the game looks excellent in all other respects.
>>
>>30127985
Halbrudern and Riterbrudern OP. It just wasn't fair to anyone once you got a few veteran units of those guys on the field.
>>
>>30131291
Yeah it was a bug that was fixed in a previous update. Ppl complained about enemies just milling around in their spawn area and just making itty bitty probes instead of attacking. Devs saw it, and fixed it.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/312980/discussions/0/357286119111306190/
>>
File: 20160531233129_1.jpg (371 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160531233129_1.jpg
371 KB, 1600x900
>>30124855
Gud game.
>Assault german trenches with submachinegunners and some M3A1s
>One german hopped out of his truck as soon as the fighting began, and hid underneath it
>my men come to clear his trench
>he charges out from underneath the truck
>bashes one of my guys to death with his rifle
>beelines towards some other guys
>promptly mowed down
the aftermath
>>
File: 20160531233739_1.jpg (342 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160531233739_1.jpg
342 KB, 1600x900
>>30131468
>cink clank we must fix the tank
>>
>>30124025
Natural Selection 2

Too bad it's dead
>>
>>30126419
Just ten days anon
>>
File: cmano03.png (302 KB, 620x432) Image search: [Google]
cmano03.png
302 KB, 620x432
>3d graphics
>not watching NTDS symbols slowly move toward each other
>>
>>30131719
Sounds pretty boring t bh
>>
>>30127363

Attila and Warhammer are legitimately good games though.
>>
>>30124077
I remember one time in multiplayer, my only unit left were the french marines while my opponent still had 3 full health baseline nip infantry units.
He made them all charge for close combat and already said "good game" in the chatbox.
But then my glorious french marines managed to rekt those manlet japs and routed them all
>>
>>30126738

Lol, so much asspain would have been felt.
>>
bumpity bump
>>
>>30133021

This
>>
File: hopes.deleted.png (8 KB, 259x163) Image search: [Google]
hopes.deleted.png
8 KB, 259x163
>>30124241
>that dead falschimjaeger with a fg42 next to him
>That Iron Cross
>That Combat Badge
>>
File: Screenshot_103.png (4 MB, 1678x1030) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_103.png
4 MB, 1678x1030
>All these grognards saying TWW is a bad game
>Mfw they dont that
>I
>AM
>THE
>SLAYER
>KING
>>
>>30127709
I've been having fun with it, personally, but it's kinda gimicky. Lots of tactics rely on abilities and the spotting mechanics are a bit of a pain. Also, when you group move all the ships want to make a line abrest when all their important guns are broadsides.
>>
>>30134534
>I AM THE SLAYER KING

Oh yeah? Well I'm Heinrich Kemmler. Your argument is invalid.

>tfw when I want to ask you to come fight me in game to prove my manhood.
>but vamp counts get SKREKT by dwarves as a rule.
>>
>>30134673
>>but vamp counts get SKREKT by dwarves as a rule.
>GYROBOMBERS IN THE TREES

I usually stick one somewhere sneaky, then do a bomb run along the enemy battle line once they engage my long beards
>>
>>30134710
I use fell bats to gum up gyrobombers, or if I have the money I use Vargheists to just kill them off quickly. But I usually don't have many of them. So yeah. My only true strategy that works against dwarves is to gum them up with cheap infantry and have my spellcasters nuke from behind the line. Or flank with my better units.

And even that is hard to do because your fucking longbeards don't die. And Organ Guns are a shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_86.png (4 MB, 1679x1049) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_86.png
4 MB, 1679x1049
>>30134758
>And Organ Guns are a shit.

Custom battles are a hoot
>>
>>30134782
I do that for fun all the time dude.

Just do it against a bunch of level one zombies. And the Empire's artillery is pretty fun to.
>>
File: Screenshot_94.png (3 MB, 1679x1049) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_94.png
3 MB, 1679x1049
>>30134803
I do it against these monstrous fucks
>>
>>30134820
Not as fun, because their bodies don't go flying.

I did have a guy cheese me with that online though. Felt bad man.
>>
>>30126344
Irrelevant, there's money to be made. Your opinions are discarded.
>>
>>30134673

>Vargheists
>Terrorgheists
>Black Knights

Fuck the midgets, they get fucking slaughtered with that loadout.
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.