[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60 for a first .22 rifle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60 for a first .22 rifle?
>>
>>30120707
Savage MkII
>>
>>30120707
Really either is good, but if you plan on spending AR money on it the 10/22 is the way to go
>>
>>30120721
Define AR money.
>>
>>30120743
Do you prefer mods or leaving it how you bought it?
>>
marlin is better out of the box
>>
>>30120743
the 10/22 aftermarket is huge, eclipsed only by the ar15 aftermarket. if you like changing stuff and have money to do so, the 10/22 is for you. in its factory form, both are fine rifles. rifle vs rifle, i would give the edge to the model 60- less expensive, no detachable magazines to buy (which may be a negative for you), and from numerous reports, slightly better accuracy.
if youre going to change stuff, the 10/22
>>
>.22

Why bother? .22 is a meme round.
>>
>>30120923
>>30120954
It would be left in factory configuration except for a sling. Marlin it is.

>>30120971
It's cheap as fuck and I don't want to shoot $0.40/round .308 for paper.
>>
>>30120971
end your pathetic existence
>>
>>30121056
Own both, both are wonderful, but I prefer the Marlin just a smidge more. Make yourself some speed loaders using hollow carbon fiber arrow shafts cut to hold as many rounds your tube mag will hold and use spent 9x19 casings as caps on both ends.

If you're not planning on customizing anything Marlin is the way to go, but if you're wanting to swap things out them the 10/22 is the best.
>>
>>30120971
No, 10mm is a meme round.
.50AE is a meme round.
And maybe .357 Sig is a Meme round
.22lr is a round in common use.
It is the literal opposite of a meme round
>>
avoid the 60 if you want to apple seed
>>
>>30121056
>Marlin it is.

Let me know how breaking down that trigger group goes for you when it starts to feel like sand and looks like a nightmare to take apart so you're just blasting it with powder solvent and oil.
>>
>>30120707
So is it true you can't buy kalshnikov/izhmash weapons in US anymore?
>>
>>30123341
Import rules are weird. We can import semi auto AK types including Zastava M series and the VEPR and VEPR-12 from Molot, but IIRC the real Russian AKs are verboten.
>>
I have a "custom" ruger 10/22. Literally the favorite in my (small) arsenal

But stock, the carbine model sucks.
Child size stock
Shit sights
Heavy trigger
Pretty inaccurate

So I'd look at the model 60. First rifle I ever shot. I'll buy one day
>>
>>30120707
10/22

Parts and aftermarket shit is everywhere
>>
I had a Marlin Model 60 years and years ago. It came from the factory with a fucked-up crown and was barely minute-of-barn. Dunno if that is/was normal since I haven't bought another to find out.
>>
basic 10/22s out of the box are rather shit. Expect to put in at least for new sights and trigger work of some sort (You don't need a feel trigger job if you don't want to. I only changed to VQ hammer and that is acceptable for me)

I'm actually thinking of selling mine soon as I find myself shooting single shot 22lr more.
>>
>>30123327

It is easy as fuck. Looks tough till you actually pop the pins and realize it's simple.
>>
File: exploitable.jpg (203 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
exploitable.jpg
203 KB, 800x566
OC, exploitable but too tired to come up with better bantz
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.