[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can i do with these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: index1.jpg (40 KB, 722x539) Image search: [Google]
index1.jpg
40 KB, 722x539
my dad gave them to me a few years ago, some guy gave them to him.

I figured some /k/ flyboy could give an idea or tell something other than specs about them.

my dad thought i could turn them into franken headphones(for music) but i feel like i could do better.
>>
File: index2.jpg (32 KB, 722x539) Image search: [Google]
index2.jpg
32 KB, 722x539
>>30120291
>>
File: index3.jpg (28 KB, 722x539) Image search: [Google]
index3.jpg
28 KB, 722x539
>>30120294
>>
File: index4.jpg (18 KB, 722x539) Image search: [Google]
index4.jpg
18 KB, 722x539
>>30120305
>>
>>30120291
they are optimized for voices and will be absolutely shit for music. unless you plan on flying a helicopter, sell them or use them as free decent quality ear protection.
>>
>>30120291
sell them to me.
>>
>>30120323
could i attach them with a 3.5mm adapter to a walkie to make my self a operator, or they be way to bulky for that sort of thing. I dont know how i could sell these, not something there is a big demand for, i put them on craigslist for a while and didnt get a bite. I dont have job so i couldn't even pay to ship them on ebay(which is bit of a saturated market for them).
>>
>>30120384
k, do you live in south carolina
>>
>>30120440
>could i attach them with a 3.5mm adapter to a walkie to make my self a operator
maybe, probably not. they aren't for standard radios, but for ones in vehicles.
>>
Unless you already know what you can do with them, you probably have no real use for them.
>>
>>30120291
Do you have a plane? Keep them.

Do you not have a plane? Sell them.

Aviation headsets are designed for one thing and one thing only anon.
>>
>>30120291

Selling them will likely provide more than enough money for some nice headphones and some nice ear protection.
>>
>>30120291

These are nice aviation headsets. They retail for about $300 each. Sell them if you don't plan on using them. Expect to get $150 each.
>>
>>30120291
OP if you're trying to sell them and can't find any buyers, I'd be down to set up a buy for one or both via an ebay listing using a price similar to the poster above me.
>>
>>30120291
You can get an adaptor for the audio and mic plugs, but they are a bit of a unique size so good luck getting them somewhere other than online. You could probably solder something together too, but that'd ruin any resale or aviation use you might have for it.

I've used my pair to help sleep due to a high amount of noise, since they block ~25db and aren't too uncomfortable.
>>
Get your pilot's license. Do it fgt.
>>
File: 1434313312270.jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1434313312270.jpg
16 KB, 320x240
>>30129096
This

Those look like DCs. David Clark is a solid brand, and you could get in excess of a 100 for each if you did sell them. I use DC 13.4s personally.

They are shit for audio though, they're just comfortable and clear. If you're not attached to them and don't mean to fly, then sell.

You should learn to fly though. Shit is 10/10
>>
AF mechanic here, ive been issued like 4 pairs of these for some reason. one i fashioned into 3.5mm headphones for low key music listening on the ramp and it was awful quality. Been out for a year and i tried selling the other 3 pairs multiple times and nobody wants em.
>>
>>30120440
>I dont have job so i couldn't even pay to ship them on ebay

>someone hands you money
>you somehow don't have money to ship them

Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>30120440
Ebay let's you make the customer pay for shipping
>>
>>30129096
>i can't afford to ship for ebay
>spend 5 grand on a ppl
>>
>>30130443
every fucking body at my pilot school always bought the high end bose shits, DCs make you look like a grandpa
i still use them though because they were free.
>>
Looks like standard low impedence headsets used on a C-135. You better off selling them or getting the converter for normal fixed wing plugs.
>>
>>30130915
>DCs make you look like a grandpa

I have an old ass set of H10-30s, my now long gone fighter pilot grandfather gave them to me in my mid-20s when I started taking flight lessons. I don't give a fuck if they make me look like an old man, they still work great and they have significant sentimental value to me. They are actually comfy as fuck now that I upgraded the ear cup pads and headband pad.
>>
Those things make an AH-6's 6 rotors, turbine engine, and transmission fade away into a dull hum, while allowing conversation to take place. I always wanted to get some and set up an intercom system in my Jeep, or save it for when I get a truly noisy Unimog.
>>
>>30131057
Actually, those were Bose, which were mind-blowing to me.

Dunno what to say for yours, sorry OP.
>>
fire fighters use them on their trucks, trophy trucks and buggys use them. If you have a handheld ham it would be cool to hook it up with an adaptor. If you are in socal I'll buy them both for 300$
>>
>>30130443

I want a pair.
>>
>>30120440
It is possible to build an adapter, I used to have one for my headset, but gave the adapter away when I got out of the navy.
>>
>>30120291
Not a normal quarter inch jack, you could always replace it with a three conductor 3.5mm and use them on radios. If you suck a soldiering take them to a audio repair shop and have them changed.
>>
Those are nice aviation headsets. If you're not into aviation in any way, just sell them. You should be able to get somewhere between $100-200.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.