[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"full size" CCW pistol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: H.jpg (153 KB, 853x1119) Image search: [Google]
H.jpg
153 KB, 853x1119
/K/:
I am trying to figure out the best option for my dilemma.
I am trying to decide what pistol to carry. I know a big factor is a decent, proper holster. Holster will either be an IWB or OWB pancake with a cant.
I currently own a Beretta 92, which could work.
I'm also looking at buying a S&W SD9/40VE as a friend has one.
Given those options, what would/K/ do?
I have also entertained the idea of selling/trading the 92 and getting a G17,/G22, 1911, FN FNS9 M&P9, etc.
Open to ideas. Only caveat is it need to be a "Canada-legal" pistol.
>>
File: 1451204801628.jpg (40 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
1451204801628.jpg
40 KB, 500x406
>>30115050
>CCW
>Canada

The Royal Mounting Police have just been notified of your online activities. Expect Arab migrants to move into your home and rape your wife within the next 7-10 business days, courtesy of Weed-Man Trudeuaux
>>
>>30115050
>CCW
>Canada-legal
>>
I should have specified.
Carry in US with a US CCW/CHL.
>>
>>30115119
And why do you think you will be allowed to cross the border with your guns? Or that you will be granted a CCW as a non-citizen?
>>
A) because bringing firearms into the US on a Form6NIA is allowed.
B) I am in the process of getting the CCW permit.
>>
Do give me a small shred of credit. I'm not a neckbeard, I do have the faintest idea of what I'm talking about.
>>
>>30115172
1. You still live in Canada
2. You're not going to find many concealable handguns for sale in Canada since the purpose of your 4.2" law was the ban the sale of concealable firearms.
>>
>>30115218
You can conceal full sized handguns you know. Especially in places where it's jacket or coat weather more often than not... such as, say, I dunno, northern states.
>>
>>30115218

Exactly why I'm asking.
You *can* CC a larger pistol, but what I'm trying to ascertain is the level of difficulty.
>>
>>30115253
If you don't bend over too much, or if you wear a covering garment, it's not too hard to conceal it. You own a Beretta 92. You can test it for yourself by sticking it into your belt in front of a mirror. It's carrying it every day like that which most CC'ers aren't crazy about. It gets uncomfortable, even with a good belt.
>>
Holster won't be an issue unless you decide to get something rare, expensive, old, or made by some no name company, and you really wouldn't want to carry anything like that. You know the laws in Canada better than we Americans, so look at your options, consider weight and material, try it at a range if at all possible, and go from there. The most important thing other than legality is your ability to comfortably and accurately fire the gun as well as wear it for an extended period of time. This isn't really something that someone else can decide for you, although I am certain you would be content with any of the options you listed.
>>
>>30115365

Thank you for a decent answer.
I know the Beretta is bigger and bulkier then some of the other options, that's why I was asking.
Perhaps an SD9/40VE might be a beyter option.
>>
>>30115253
I ccw a jericho 941 steel frame full size in an aliengear cloak tuck 2.0 IWB

It's fine. I'm running around in shorts and a t-shirt. 5'10" and ~160 lbs. No issues.

Also have a bersa thunder 380cc that I have a shoulder holster for. I would say the 380 under my arm actually prints more than the 941 at 5-5:30 IWB.

Even if I bend over and my shirt hikes up, it looks a little odd but doesn't expose anything.
>>
IWB offers more concealment. OWB is more comfortable. Any gun attached to your belt is going to require a stiffened belt that can be cinched up pretty snugly, but you do reach a point of diminishing returns, where your belt starts digging into your waist, causing bruising over an extended period of time.
>>
>>30115463

Good to know, Anon. Thank you.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.