[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ool shit in Berlin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: Preußen.jpg (91 KB, 499x458) Image search: [Google]
Preußen.jpg
91 KB, 499x458
Sup y'all,
I'm going to be studying in Berlin for 5 weeks and was wondering if there was any /k/ related stuff to check out. I know I probably won't get to go shooting, but museums and other bits of history are always fun. Any recommendations?
>>
>>30111243
Remove kebab
>>
>>30111243
Why not go find one of the muslim rape gangs and make it /k/ related.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (18 KB, 305x361) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
18 KB, 305x361
>>30111249
>>30111253
Thank you for the insightful answers.
>>
File: IMAG0907.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0907.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
>>30111243
Museum Marlshorst
>>
>>30111340
*Karlshorst
>>
It's not to /k/ related, but I took a fat tire bike tour and it was pretty entertaining and if nothing else it will allow you to see the sights and scope out where you can go yourself.
>>
>>30111243
It's decriminalized to carry up to 10g of weed or hash on you at all times.
Just make sure to not smoke it in front of minors.
>>
I'm a big WW2 buff so I would check out museums that have Hitler and Nazi displays. They probably have lots of documents and photographs, and maybe even Speer's model for rebuilding Berlin. It would be cool to go to the Nurenburg rally grounds to see how well preserved that sort of thing is. And it's a bit out of the way, but Hitler's home at Berghof would be fascinating.
>>
File: sowjetisches ehrenmal treptow.jpg (416 KB, 999x674) Image search: [Google]
sowjetisches ehrenmal treptow.jpg
416 KB, 999x674
>>30111243

The Soviet monument park in Berlin-Treptow. That thing is fucking huge, a giant alley of stones and red army statues describing the different phases of war, leading to the giant statue of a Soviet soldier holding down a swastika with a sword. They held huge ass parades every 9th of May there, even today thousands of Russians come there to honor their fallen and celebrate the victory.

There's also a Soviet victory monument near the Reichstag, in Berlin-Tiergarten. Also a nice giant statue and monument and 2 T-34s from the battle of Berlin. That thing was actually the first thing built up after the war, hillarious. There's photos of Germans using the area around the bombed Reichstag as fields for food, but the Soviet monument is standing in the exact same form as today in the foreground.

Germany has to keep that things clean and pay the upkeep, since 1945.

Also, the "Russian-German" museum. Basically another piece of Soviet victory culture, a lot of exponates from WW2. I think they even have the original contract of capitulation of the Wehrmacht.
>>
>>30111243
>>30112323

Oh, i forgot the German historic museum. A very big museum displaying German history in the last 2k years. Lots of medieval stuff ofc, but it ends with a lot of WW1 displays. Those were really worth the visit, go there. Uniforms, documents, weapons, equipment, everything.
>>
File: red army.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
red army.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
>>30111243
>just 500m from the Reichstag
>>
File: Gatow_02-1.jpg (144 KB, 1134x850) Image search: [Google]
Gatow_02-1.jpg
144 KB, 1134x850
>>30111243

There's some old luftwaffle airfield in Berlin-Gatow, it's a museum today. Vehicles, planes, jets and helicopters from all eras.

>http://www.mhm-gatow.de/en/
>>
>>30112403
Have been there during my time in the Bundeswehr. Definetly worth it
>>
>>30111340
>>30111505
>>30112257
>>30112323
>>30112344
>>30112357
>>30112403
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to look in to all of these. I love WWI uniforms and equipment, and I didn't realize how much soviet stuff was still in Berlin.
>>30112225
Thanks, I'll pass but will let others know.
>>
Stasi headquarters.
>>
>>30111243
Flakturm
Technisches museum (has a V2 rocket, but mostly just civilian machines)
The old border checkpoints
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.