[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /K/ what are good first timers pistols to own? Any recommendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: SIG_Pro_by_Augustas_Didzgalvis.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
SIG_Pro_by_Augustas_Didzgalvis.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1000
Hey /K/ what are good first timers pistols to own?
Any recommendations?
>Pic unrelated
>>
Pt111g2 or pt140g2
>>
Any gun that suits you
>>
>>30110752
>Glock 19
>>
>>30110752

The one in your pic. Great pistol.
>>
My first was the ruger sr45, I was talked out of a 1911 by the fear of ruger leaving california. I regret it every day. Not because I don't like the sr45, it really is a great gun but I've had the biggest hard on for 1911s for ever, my suggestion is that you get what you want, not what seems to be the best.
>>
>>30111050
are you incapable of buying any more firearms anon?
>>
File: time_to_be_serious.jpg (180 KB, 580x542) Image search: [Google]
time_to_be_serious.jpg
180 KB, 580x542
>>30110752
The Makarov is an extremely reliable, simple, and INEXPENSIVE pistol. There is no reason to not own one. You can get one for $300 all day.

Revolvers too are extremely reliable and extremely simplistic. You just point and pull the trigger. There is no possibility of malfunction if you take care of it in any way.

If you go the pistol route, don't buy a light one. You'll limp-wrist, which could get you killed. Light pistols are just not worth it. I include any 9mm Glock in this. Buy a full-metal gun that feels good to hold, buy a good holster and deal with the weight. You will like the gun more and will actually want to shoot it, I guarantee it. Polymer framed guns are really unnecessary.

>CZ 75B(or a Hi Power if you wear fedoras often)
>Beretta 92FS
>1911(if you're into it, i'm not)
>Sig Sauer(if you have the dosh)

any of those guns above in a fully stainless steel frame and slide are perfect guns, and you will never sell it.

buy a revolver if you don't have any money but still want reliability. I have the opinion that pistols all suck until you hit $600 or over. Under $600 and it's polymer wonderland. revolvers are inherently reliable, though, and as long as you pick a stainless steel model and a good brand(S&W), you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1455388211303.jpg (230 KB, 1014x1014) Image search: [Google]
1455388211303.jpg
230 KB, 1014x1014
>>30111139
cont.

If you have less than $600 and want a new handgun, then I'd buy a revolver. You don't have to worry about springs wearing out in your magazine or slide. You don't have to wonder if the thing is loaded because it's so easy to see whether or not it is. Revolvers come in all sizes and aren't nearly as hard to load as some people say. If you practice at all, you'll be perfectly proficient. You can keep it loaded 24/7 and never worry about it. You can't do that with a autoloader pistol. Revolvers inherently feel better to hold as the grips can be molded in any way they want, whereas with a autoloader pistol, it needs to accommodate a magazine in the grip. I also think that they are just more fun to shoot because of this. They're all hammer-fire, which is more reliable than striker.

If you have $600 or more, though...

>CZ 75B(or a Hi Power if you wear fedoras often)
>Beretta 92FS
>1911(if you're into it, i'm not)
>Sig Sauer(if you have the dosh)

pick one of these^^^ in a full stainless steel finish.
>>
>>30111139
>>30111192
Is this fucking pasta??

If not this is some seriously autistic shit anon.
I'm not even gonna argue. Would take too long
>>
File: cbzD6EO.jpg (29 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
cbzD6EO.jpg
29 KB, 500x667
>>30111216
This isn't pasta. I just wrote it all.
>>
>>30111223
I liked it anon, some interesting points
>>
p320
>>
G19 or you're retarded

Don't get a fucking revolver for first pistol
>>
>>30111297
>no reason given

try again later

also nobody even said that
>>
>>30111308
Shouldn't you be back on reddit?
>>
File: hwhat.jpg (20 KB, 288x378) Image search: [Google]
hwhat.jpg
20 KB, 288x378
>>30111334
>called him out
>"yeah well reddit tho"

you're retarded
>>
FNS 9 full size with a 4" barrel 17+1
Fns9C slightly shorter barrel and a shorter grip with pierce extension.
Walther PPQ m1 (paddle mag release excellent for carry)

PPQ M2 (Americans ruined this with a button release). Other than button release its the same gun
>>
>>30111350
>starts resorting to ad hominems

Why don't you read the sticky if your feelings got hurt?
>>
>>30111459
He was just stating that you're mentally challenged lol stop getting so mad over it, wow.
>>
>>30111139
>If you go the pistol route, don't buy a light one. You'll limp-wrist, which could get you killed. Light pistols are just not worth it. I include any 9mm Glock in this. Buy a full-metal gun that feels good to hold, buy a good holster and deal with the weight. You will like the gun more and will actually want to shoot it, I guarantee it. Polymer framed guns are really unnecessary.
This is some championship tier fuddlore
>>
>>30111606
t. stovepip- i mean glock owner
>>
>>30110752

Did you read the fucking sticky?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.