[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holster Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 20160530_032333.jpg (2 MB, 2031x1601) Image search: [Google]
20160530_032333.jpg
2 MB, 2031x1601
I'm looking for a good owb keydex holster for my Glock 19 with a TLR-1, any recommendations? I want it to ride high and right with a decent cant. I'm not terribly worried about price, but but I'm not looking to spend over $100. I absolutely love stealthgear holsters, I have an iwb for my Sig P320 and a mini iwb for my Shield on its way right now, but their owb is so fucking expensive, $160, twice the price of most other owb holsters. I've been looking at K Rounds holsters based on a recommendation from an acquaintance, plus I've met the owner of the company and he seemed like a good guy who is dedicated to his craft. Any recommendations /k/? What's your favorite owb holster? All input welcomed.

Holster thread.

Pic is my favorite holster, with my go-to conceal carry setup.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2330x3107) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2330x3107
>>30110420
>KRounds

I have one (had 2, threw in one with a gun I sold)

I have the appendix holster for my LCP.

Had the OWB holster and a mag carrier with my Steyr M9 with a thumb break. Gud holster, but at the end of the day it's the same Kydex any other Kydex holster maker used, with more or less the same belt loop and rivet hardware. Beyond the product aspect, they have pretty good customer service. Appendix holster originally had an aluminum rivet that popped in a week, took it down to Tukwila to get it fixed, in and out in 5 minutes with a new steel rivet.

When I asked about doing some book keeping/accounting internship they sounded pretty excited and asked for a resume. Then I got the runaround for the next 4 months. Oh well.

So, if all you care about is the actual product KRounds, while good quality, is nothing particularly special. But if you care about them being local, having good customer service, know the owner etc. then go ahead my man.

For custom work, if you want a higher ride, different cant, etc. turnaround on custom work is 1 week (for my Steyr I said it would be 2 weeks until I could get it unless they could do 6 days--- had it ready for me in 6 so that was cool).
>>
>>30110552
Looking at various brands, I've come to realize that most keydex owb holster are relatively the same. Biggest variance is turn around time, and price.

I kinda want a Gucci owb holster, something custom like zZz, with its pig suede backing and fuzzy interior.
>>
>>30110420
I think one of those g code incog holsters can be used OWB. They only have a small selection of holsters they make with lights but the G19 and a TLR-1 is one of the combinations.
>>
>>30110611
Seeing as you met the owner of KRounds, I am assuming you are in Washington?

If you want something Gucci, Kramer Leather in Tacoma makes some pretty nice holsters.
>>
>>30110645
I actually live in Kentucky, I met him at the NRA Convention a few weeks back and talked to him about his gear. He didn't have any holsters with the light available, but told me to give him a call and he'll honor the show price, which was $59.99 and give me free shipping.

Nice guy, lol.
>>
File: 20160530_041745.jpg (971 KB, 1693x1558) Image search: [Google]
20160530_041745.jpg
971 KB, 1693x1558
>>30110639
I have a G-Code for my Shield, except it's iwb, didn't even think about them for their owb... Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>30110778
>I have a G-Code for my Shield

How is it? Waiting for mine at 5 weeks now.
>>
>>30110837
Eh, I like it, it's good because it's so small, but I find myself carrying my Sig more because the stealthgear is so much more comfortable.

However, if I would have never bought the stealthgear, I would be carrying my Shield using the incog. It's my 2nd option.
>>
>>30110863
I was just looking at some videos on the 320. I really should get one as my next gun. How does the trigger stack up to the Apex you have on the shield?
>>
File: 20160530_044313.jpg (798 KB, 1942x1622) Image search: [Google]
20160530_044313.jpg
798 KB, 1942x1622
>>30110879
I've got the Apex on the P320 as well, lol. It's just a flat trigger though, no springs or anything.

I prefer the Sig trigger, it's nearly perfect out of the box, it just feels good to me. If you have a Shield, get the Apex, don't hesitate, it makes that gun so so much better. Both triggers are excellent, however the pull length on the Sig is just a tad bit shorter, and the break is a little smoother. The reset on the Shield has a more positive "click" noise, but both resets are comparable. Can't go wrong with either.
>>
Bump from the grave.
>>
I really don't like ayylmao gear holsters iwb holster, but I'm ok with the owb holster, with a proper belt of course.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.