[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a meme to daily conceal carry anything larger than a single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: CZ-75Bss.jpg (42 KB, 639x459) Image search: [Google]
CZ-75Bss.jpg
42 KB, 639x459
Is it a meme to daily conceal carry anything larger than a single stack 9mm? Does the typical person really do this? I really want to buy a BHP or a CZ 75B but I don't know if a normal sized guy could do it on a daily basis without it getting annoying and I don't want to be stuck with something I won't carry.
>>
No, most people could figure out a way to carry a full size daily if they really wanted to. It's easier when the seasons/weather call for heavier clothes, and easier for bigger/fatter people. As long as the weather permits you wearing a jacket, you can IWB a full-sized handgun no problem no matter how small you are. I'm kinda fat and 5'10" and I can iwb a CZ75 in a t-shirt with just a minor print line at the magwell (in contrast, a Glock 36 in the same holster doesn't print), but if my shirt isn't cut really long it's exposed when I reach up.
>>
>>30110294
^^ this

During the summer when I only wear a t-shirt or work polo over my jeans it an M&P compact. So, the smaller double stack. The rest of the year it's an Eisenhower jacket and an M&P 5" Pro all day every day.
N82 Professional holster, good belt and Dickies jeans.
>>
>"dude, are you telling me you don't conceal carry (INSERT FULLSIZE 18rd 9MM) with 5 extra magazines??"

Yes, it is a meme.
>>
>>30110294
What about tall and spooky skeletons?

Not OP but ironically I'm looking to CCW a 75BD
>>
>>30110393
>good belt
Cannot overemphasize the good belt. Go ahead and plop down the 60+ dollars for a good one. Back when I was newgunz (a decade ago, at this point) I couldn't figure out how anyone could carry IWB or OWB and I only pocket carried small guns, because when I tried other forms of carry my pants would sag like crazy no matter how tight my belt was, the IWB would shift in ways that made drawing difficult, and the OWB would flop around. A good belt solves all of that.
>>
File: bender-mad.png (67 KB, 540x480) Image search: [Google]
bender-mad.png
67 KB, 540x480
>>30110417
>ironically
coincidentally
>>
>>30110239
Concealment isn't so much the issue Comfort is what's going to make you never want to carry a gun if your only option is a CZ 75 or a Hi Power - regardless of how good your belt is.
>>
>>30110417
Doable but not as easy. You'll probably print in a normal IWB carry unless you can wear jackets/sweatshirts/crazy baggy T shirts all year round. You'll have to figure out carrying behind your back, which isn't exactly ideal.
>>
>>30110514
Gee anon, you're right, it's impossible to comfortably carry a CZ75 or hi-power, which is why no one in the world ever uses those guns.
>>
I'm slim, not quite skeletal, and I can rather easily conceal a glock 19 in appendix. I wouldn't carry anywhere else.
>>
>>30110239
I'm a double meme myself, I carry a CZ75b appendix carry every day.

weigh 180, 6 foot tall
>>
>>30110436
>Some belts are better than others.
What makes a "good" belt for the things you listed?
>>
>>30110596
One of these or better: http://aliengearholsters.com/gun-belt-faq/

A gun belt is very rigid vertically, it does not squish and bend in ways that cause your gun to sag and pull your pants.
>>
>>30110596
If you aren't sold on the idea and want to test it before you make that big of an investment on a friggin belt, go to Wally world and squish all the belts in your size and buy the most rigid one you can find and try that out. They don't usually last very long before becoming stretched and sagged compared to a genuine gun belt though.
>>
I CC a meme G20SF in a meme appendix sidecar holster

31 rounds of 10mm should deal with violent bears, moose, or Somalians
>>
>>30110239

>Does the typical person really do this?

The typical person doesn't CC at all.
>>
>5'9"
>165lbs
>wear tight clothes
>carry CZ75

Get an IWB holster, I recommend AlienGear and cant the weapon so the bottom of the magazine is as high as possible, so the most extreme cant you can get. Carry at about 4-5 o'clock, almost small of the back. If you stand up straight, typically most of the time your shirt should hang away from your body so its pretty concealed, bending over will sometimes print but not unless you are trying to touch your toes, which you shouldn't be a knuckledragging mouthbreather anyway and should be squating to pick things up.
>>
>>30110239
The typical person doesn't enjoy the right to keep and bear arms and is thus unarmed in daily life.
>>
>>30110550

Are you me?

I can only conceal effectively appendix, currently using a sticky holster because I drive a lot. Comfy and secure.
>>
Carry what you fucking want as long as you can conceal, draw, and shoot it well.

Who the fuck cares about something being a "meme"? Jesus.
>>
File: hwhat.jpg (20 KB, 288x378) Image search: [Google]
hwhat.jpg
20 KB, 288x378
>>30111552
>Carry what you fucking want as long as you can conceal, draw, and shoot it well.

Don't tell me what to do.
>>
>>30111541
I just tried shoving my gun all sorts of places and then put it in the front of my waistband and was shocked at how much room I had. Absolutely no printing with the jeans I normally wear, incredibly fast to draw, double stack. It feels great.
>>
>>30110239
See :>>30110294

And then learn what "meme" means.
>>
>>30111802
Appendix carry is a very valid call with anything full-sized. Drawing while seated (like in a car) can be a hassle, but making a full size handgun disappear will always have its tradeoffs
>>
>>30111949

If I tuck the seat belt behind the holster and gun then just drape my shirt over, its fairly easy to access. Definitely easier than 5 o'clock.

Nice thing about the sticky is its easy to adjust the height if I'm going on a long trip.
>>
>>30110294
This.
Also, you can, if you get into 9x18 Makarov, have a double stack pocket gun that's almost full size but still small enough to be worth a damn.
>>
>>30110533
Uses =/= carried concealed.

Dumb fucking weeb.
>>
Good belt, good IWB holster, G19 and a spare mag.
>>
File: 1459914830189.jpg (81 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1459914830189.jpg
81 KB, 497x732
>>30110239
>meme
>>
>>30110239
just came back from the store after trying a BHP and CZ 75. They suck dick lol biggest meme i've ever encountered.
>>
>>30110294
I'm about the same size and can conceal my full frame 1911 no problem.
>>
>>30114275
> Everything I don't like sucks
To be fair the trigger for cz is hit or miss out if the box
Got a rami with an amazing trigger, and then got a czp01 with a trigger that felt like it took mules to pull it.
>>
"Is X a meme" topics need to be banned.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.