[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guns and Us Mental Health Laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: mental health.jpg (47 KB, 495x349) Image search: [Google]
mental health.jpg
47 KB, 495x349
Hi /K/, I am a avid gun enthusiast and plan on being a licensed class 3 dealer later in my life. I have a issue however. I have a above average IQ and i am diagnosed with ADHD which puts me at a over 75%chance of also having bipolar disorder. I am almost certain i have bipolar disorder however i am worried about being diagnosed since i want to build my career in the firearms industry. any advice guys?

Share similar stories or issues i suppose so that the whole thread isn't focused on me
>>
Get treated, take whatever treatment you need. Doctors can advocate that you aren't a danger and it won't be an issue.

You only lose your access to firearms if you're a danger to yourself or others. If you aren't, and doctors also say you aren't, it isn't and won't be a problem.
>>
>>30107253
i appreciate the advice but im afraid that i will be barred from a class 3 license if it comes up on my records that ive been diagnosed with mania-depressive disorder
>>
>>30107228
What's up with almost everyone being diagnosed with ADHD?
>>
>>30107503
many parents overreact to their retarded kids being retarded kids. In my case however it was severe enough to be a pretty legitimate diagnosis. Also my mother had ADHD so its likely i inherited it
>>
To lose your rights, you must be adjudicated as mentally unfit by a court
>>
>>30107228
>plan on being a licensed class 3 dealer
class 2 or gtfo, all a class 3 gets you without a demo letter is form 3 access.
>build my career in the firearms industry
lol good luck with that

Take your meds every day, and never get locked up. That's all.
>>
>Have people who are usually the hardest of leftist shills judge other people competent
Nothing can go wrong. nobody will ever hand out fake diagnoses to fit their world view.

>inb4 it's declared that you're mentally incompetent for being diagnosed for ADD, even if you're not really ADD.
>>
File: 1460486776438.gif (1024 KB, 242x227) Image search: [Google]
1460486776438.gif
1024 KB, 242x227
>>30107253
>Letting a potentially biased and politically influenced doctor have the power to disarm you without due process

Yeah sounds like a great idea
>>
>>30107661
I hate that people go to psychiatrist to just validate some mental illness they've already convinced themselves they have, and the doctor tells them what they want to hear so they can secure a future customer.

If it were up to me, to be officially diagnosed with a mental illness it would take a PET scan and a credited neurologist to confirm it.
>>
>>30107426
with todays political climate you're screwed.
had a nephew see a doctor. a few loaded questions later he's no guns.
take my advice and don't see a doctor unless its life threatening. I stopped going to my doctor when he started asking me if I beat my wife. not kidding on that one.
>>
>>30107228
>muh stopping powah
>>
>>30108092

You don't know much about our understanding of mental illness, do you?

If it were that easy, WE WOULD KNOW WHAT CAUSES MENTAL ILLNESS. We don't really, we have some guesses, and they are better than nothing.

When you go in and show symptoms a doctor gives you some sort of antipsychotic medicine. It might make you better, or worse, or have no effect at all. Basically the doctors are taking educated guesses based on the best available science, but since we have a tenuous grasp on the causes of mental illness as it is, its kind of a crap shoot.

Ever think its weird how every antipsychotic medicine you see advertised on TV has the disclaimer about suicidal thoughts? Its because we have a really shitty idea of the nature and causes of mental illnesses, including suicidal ideation.

However, we have pretty solid tests for severe retardation, which I am certain you have.
>>
Hello Harrison
>>
Ban the right

Leave the left untreated.

Liberalism.
>>
>>30107228
>>30107426
So, either you aren't a psycho nobody will care, and if you are a psycho then you don't get to have an armory full of machine guns?

What's the problem here again?
>>
>>30107503
We lead lives we were not wired to lead, so our personality type becomes a disorder.
>>
>>30108657
Think I just found a good way to test for autism
>>
>>30108660
thats not my name
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.